Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:14:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  The Schild Chronicles '06  |  Topic: Day 10 [4/20/06] - I got sucked in... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Day 10 [4/20/06] - I got sucked in...  (Read 8876 times)
schild
Administrator

on: April 21, 2006, 12:42:07 AM

Errrr. I got sucked into Dreamfall. It's really fucking great and it took 3 hours to install on my old external DVD writer (Starforce destroyed my old internal reader). The game is protected by Securom, so I had to deal with that annoying shit. Needless to say - nothing got written tonight. But I did get enough horsey codes for everyone who wants one to have one. Those will go out tomorrow noonish (if I'm awake, if not, when I wake up).

I'm going to see Silent Hill tomorrow night, I may talk about that in the chronicles and save the last two indie things for saturday/sunday (one is on shooters and the other is on well, it's not too exciting, but it's not fully put together yet to talk about).

Anyway, yea, go buy Dreamfall.

Oh, and it's very obviously made for consoles. I'm getting a 360 PC controller to play it with. This shit does not work well with a mouse/keyboard.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 03:46:12 AM

GameStop sent me a horsey code via email.  I didn't expect one and it didn't work.  Yay?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 06:41:52 AM

Ditto.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 07:00:13 PM

GameStop sent me a horsey code via email.  I didn't expect one and it didn't work.  Yay?

"Working as intended."

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 07:22:39 PM

Watched the trailer this morning, and it looks pretty great. A little Myst, a little Siberia. Can't wait to check it out.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 05:38:53 AM

Speaking of Syberia... I picked it up a few months ago on the cheap, recognizing the title.  Installed.  But here's the thing: the animation is literally glacial.  I couldn't get the hero to even cross the floor to the desk in the first scene in under a minute.  Then ring the bell... and another character very very very slowly renders into view.  Is this normal?  Because I tried a few things to fix it graphically but to no avail.  So it sits unplayed.  Thank you for your attention.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 11:56:59 AM

Speaking of Syberia... I picked it up a few months ago on the cheap, recognizing the title.  Installed.  But here's the thing: the animation is literally glacial.  I couldn't get the hero to even cross the floor to the desk in the first scene in under a minute.  Then ring the bell... and another character very very very slowly renders into view.  Is this normal?  Because I tried a few things to fix it graphically but to no avail.  So it sits unplayed.  Thank you for your attention.

Not from what I recall.. I played it shortly after release on a not-too-old-at-the-time box and it was pretty snappy. Well, snappy for an adventure game, so it was smooth, if slow-paced, but nothing as bad as taking a minute to cross a scene.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 09:05:25 PM

Errrr. I got sucked into Dreamfall. It's really fucking great and it took 3 hours to install on my old external DVD writer (Starforce destroyed my old internal reader). The game is protected by Securom, so I had to deal with that annoying shit. Needless to say - nothing got written tonight. But I did get enough horsey codes for everyone who wants one to have one. Those will go out tomorrow noonish (if I'm awake, if not, when I wake up).

I'm going to see Silent Hill tomorrow night, I may talk about that in the chronicles and save the last two indie things for saturday/sunday (one is on shooters and the other is on well, it's not too exciting, but it's not fully put together yet to talk about).

Anyway, yea, go buy Dreamfall.

Oh, and it's very obviously made for consoles. I'm getting a 360 PC controller to play it with. This shit does not work well with a mouse/keyboard.

Woo damn! I missed the release. This looks to be quite good. Sunovabitch I need more money... buying this tomorrow.

As to Syberia and Syberia II, great games. Benoit Sokol knows how to make them and he makes them pretty too. Microids and the Adventure Company are a good pairing.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  The Schild Chronicles '06  |  Topic: Day 10 [4/20/06] - I got sucked in...  
Jump to: