Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:19:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Dissension omfgbbq etc 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dissension omfgbbq etc  (Read 4706 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: April 18, 2006, 09:15:11 AM

Playing heartbeat? You just lost.
Playing izzetron? You just lost.
Wildfire? Lost.
Gifts? Nuh-huh.
Mountains and Islands in general? Bye now.
Don't have Kami of the Ancient Law in play? You probably lost.

(btw, forecast is a play-this-ability-from-the-hand-thing - so guess what, it don't get countered by the Dove-tronic-2000)

(of course, Dovescape is a six mana card, so it ought to win the game really, but hey, it's a fun way to do it)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:17:30 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 07:25:28 PM

Dovescape isn't that huge.

6 mana is alot for W/U.  Say turn 7 or 8 on average.  That puts you out of commission to Heartbeat/Wildfire unless you have strong counter.  And even if you get it in play,  your opponent can beat with the tokens being created by the Dovescape.

You need Worship and a creature in play to complete the lock.  Or the Leyline of Singularity.

Zoo, B/W aggro, WW/r or u, etc will still run you down, though.

The second card, Pride of the Clouds, could be HUGE in a WW/u deck.  You're running 12 or 16 fliers anyway (skyknight, lantern kami, the 1/1 hawk, Meloku, etc).  This makes Pride an almost automatic 2 cc 2/2 or 3/3 evader.

And the ability.....  late game,  you can pop out a 1/1 evader (non-counterable) to assign to Jitte and swing.  Your opponent will have to burn cards to get rid of it.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 03:16:37 AM

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:50:04 AM

Condemn   W
Instant 
Put target attacking creature on the bottom of its owner's library. That creature's controller gains life equal to its toughness.

One casting cost white targeted removal?  Yes please.

This might finally be an acceptable version of "Swords to Plowshares-lite"

Spell snare looks like it might be amazing.  It WILL be amazing in Extended,  since so many cards are casting cost 2 and less.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 01:31:46 PM

I am absolutely amazed they printed Condemn.  An almost automatic 4x maindeck or SB for the next 2 years if you're playing plains.

Full spoiler is out on Salvation, skimming through it now 
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 05:30:51 PM

I am absolutely amazed they printed Condemn.  An almost automatic 4x maindeck or SB for the next 2 years if you're playing plains.

Full spoiler is out on Salvation, skimming through it now 

White has NEEDED targetted removal forever.  White Weenie really isn't a viable deck without some kind of blocker disruption.  White as a whole has been fairly week besides WOG since Onslaught rotated out.

The more I think about it,  the more I think that 1 CC counter is going to be a huge problem.  Mana Leak, that, Hinder?  That's almost better counter then the old Counterspell, Spellblast, Powersink days.

Especially since you have a bunch of viable backup counter (Disrupting Shoal, Rewind, Remand, etc.)

Having blue be dominant deck type is always problematic.  Blue, as an archetype, is fucking terrible to play against.  Counter and bounce,  with a side of cheesy milling/combo wins?  No, thank you.

I'll take a gander at the whole spoiler a little later.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 06:20:53 PM

I don't know.  Spell Snare is so narrow, it may be relegated to a SB role against other control decks or decks with a killer two drop. 

They're still going to be overpriced on MODO though until people figure out they'll be mostly useless in casual
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 04:47:12 AM

Every leading deck has 2 drops you'd have to counter to be comformtable. And given that without a 1 drop counter the other guy gets a free shot at 2 dropping whenever you play second, I'd have thought you play this maindeck in any blue deck that runs counterspells. There might be one deck somewhere you can side them out against I guess.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 10:10:24 AM

Every leading deck has 2 drops you'd have to counter to be comformtable. And given that without a 1 drop counter the other guy gets a free shot at 2 dropping whenever you play second, I'd have thought you play this maindeck in any blue deck that runs counterspells. There might be one deck somewhere you can side them out against I guess.

Yah.  The fact it hits Jitte, Mana Leak, and Remand in standard is nice.  Most WW/x decks run a majority of 1 or 2 drops.  And it gives you counter with one island on the board. 

In extended this thing could be very dangerous.  Jitte, Ravager, Wild Mongeral, Goblin Piledriver just to name a few.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Dissension omfgbbq etc  
Jump to: