Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: SWEET JESUS, ANOTHER FREE TRIAL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWEET JESUS, ANOTHER FREE TRIAL  (Read 18200 times)
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 12:23:14 PM

Again, this is just for Mayhem missions, coming in Issue 7.

The hero equivalent is already on the table, I can't remember if they said it would be issue 8 or earlier.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #36 on: May 23, 2006, 03:07:12 PM

Again, this is just for Mayhem missions, coming in Issue 7.

The hero equivalent is already on the table, I can't remember if they said it would be issue 8 or earlier.

Well either way, CoV sounds like the way to go. I like the idea of playing a hero more, but Kinetics pretty much sucks. Too situational. Controller secondaries in general just feel like a waste of time to me.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #37 on: May 23, 2006, 03:13:43 PM

Kinetics is an amazing set, but only for a team.

Speed Boost is one of the best powers in the game.

On the food chain, Controllers are pretty much always better than Dominators.

However, Dominators got a /very nice/ buff in Issue 7 that will help a lot in PvP.  Basically, it's much, much easier to use their inherent power in PvP now, and using that puts them on/above par with everyone else.  So it's good stuff.

I'd wait a few weeks- Issue 7 is supposed to go live this month.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #38 on: May 23, 2006, 03:56:27 PM

My City of Villains key is promised to a Warcry writer who's supposed to post something here so I can give it to her.  I was a little drunk, it was the party in LA with all the... people.  So... yeah.  I'll give her another week before I'm giving that one out.

I can, however, supply you with a City of Heroes trial key.  I'm just reluctant to do so before Issue 7 comes out, and to be perfectly honest CoV is a much more polished experience.  CoH is still good, and you get a feel for the game, but CoV is the same but better.

So if someone else can hook you up with a CoV key first, that would be ideal.

Heh, i figure that CoV would be more fun since it sounds like a different sort of gameplay that is usually found in mmos. I figure now having seen that Star Trek aution thread, i plan to make myself an Evil Spok-type.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Horik
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 23, 2006, 05:28:11 PM

Just wanted to throw in I am also having a blast with my Thug MM Dreadshot (I can't believe that name was available on Virtue!) on the Test Server with the Mayhem missions. I can't wait to see what they do heroside for this. If you've an account I recommend trying them out Friday after the Test Server event concludes. Still trying to find a good secondary for Thugs though, any suggestions? Been using Poison on test but ....meh. I'll see if I have a CoV key somewhere.

EDIT- No CoV key but I do have a CoH one from Labor Day that hasn't been used. If it's still good it's available.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 05:31:25 PM by Horik »
Llava
Contributor

Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006, 05:56:38 PM

Poison is extremely potent against single targets.  Archvillains, heroes, players, you get the idea.  I had a tank on test in shock that a Mastermind was beating him one on one, no contest.

That said, it's definitely not the best for general PvE with lots of enemies.  There aren't any really complimentary set choices for Thugs, though.  I'd definitely avoid Trick Arrow, since you'll have to switch between your pistols and your bow every time you want to use a power.  Traps is going to be the most common choice at first, cause it's the closest to making sense.  Force Field could work, since it seems the Thugs are mostly ranged attackers with the exception of the final pet.  Could work well to repel enemies from the minions and let the boss just rush into melee and start smashing.

Personally, I'm going to either go with Dark or Traps.  Dark works for a cult-like gang centered around its magically inclined leader, and Traps works for a more military/terrorist style gang.

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 05:28:05 AM

Cars blowing up? Physics particles?

Geez, I've been playing the wrong Gravity character. CoH sounds like a ripoff in comparison.
Nah, you'll get physics in I7 if you're hero-side gravity too. Not so much with the cars blowing up, but things like shell casings and trash and such, in addition to your propel objects, will still stick around. Other people's, too, so if you team with an earth controller you can set up a little asteroid belt of particle rocks.

--GF

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 26, 2006, 12:06:24 PM

Somebody took a grav/storm controller, ran through Atlas Park, and found some places to make a neat little physics demo.

--GF

Llava
Contributor

Reply #43 on: February 03, 2007, 08:38:20 AM

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #44 on: February 03, 2007, 09:55:59 AM

I think it's the same one I posted down below.  At least I remember it being Filefront. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: SWEET JESUS, ANOTHER FREE TRIAL  
Jump to: