Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:03:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Console news worth reading...(Big X360 news inside) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Console news worth reading...(Big X360 news inside)  (Read 4845 times)
schild
Administrator

on: April 06, 2006, 04:04:09 AM

Tri-Ace developing a XBox 360 RPG.

Culdcept Saga announced for the 360.

Square-Enix announced Project Sylph, developed by Game Arts.

Sakaguchi/Toriyama/Uematsu's Blue Dragon by the end of the year.

Playable demo of Sakaguchi/Uematsu's Lost Odyssey by the end of the year.

Konami, Hudson, Namco and SNK games on XBox Live Arcade.

I don't know where this news originated, but that's fucking huge. All of it.

Edit: I'm especially excited about the possibilities of Culdcept over XBL. If they put every card from the series into it and then some, goddddddddddddddamn. That's nearly a killer app for board game and CCG lovers.

Another edit: Tri-Ace did Valkyrie Profile, Radiata Stories, and the Star Ocean Series. The XBL arcade stuff, particularly Konami and SNK could prove huge for them. SNK has a stable of great fighters to bolster the online service (pretty obvious, but I couldn't help but point it out). No English sites have posted anything about Project Sylph yet. Hopefully the Blue Dragon announcement applies to America also. It's taking way too long. So is N3 for that matter. Oh, and yes, I think it's funny that the Revolution will have Sega & Nintendo games while Microsoft, the first at bat has started corraling all the big name third party folks. If they can nab Squeenix and well, they already got Capcom it seems. Yea, XBL could work out ok for them.

Edit: Did some digging, Project Sylph may be an X360 exclusive title. It also may or may not be the MMORPG. Also, I'm going to assume that either Sylph or the Tri-Ace title is the game the editor of Famitsu said would sell 500,000+ copies in Japan. Probably Sylph.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 04:43:55 AM

Xbox Live Arcade is working out really well for Microsoft (partially because the current line up of Xbox 360 games is so crappy). Nintendo is obviously jumping on the bandwagon but it remains to be seen if the entertainment/IP/DRM/copy protection suits at Sony continue to stifle innovation at that compnay.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 09:37:58 AM

Bah, I shoulda known any 360 post by schild would be about japacrapa. Worth wiping my butt with, maybe.  Heartbreak
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 10:35:45 AM

I don't know where this news originated, but that's fucking huge. All of it.

Maybe for someone like you but for the rest of us it's: "So?"
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 11:03:19 AM

The rest of you don't liike fun.

I can't account for bad taste.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 01:01:44 PM

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 02:38:13 PM

Welcome to product lock-in, they can charge you whatever they want since they control platform, distribution, titles and any and all networking. I'm not sure why MS does not use digital distribution with subscription-based licensing for all games. They already very much own every single one of you, its time to start milking.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 02:39:47 PM

So now effete mangirls can say "..." at us in HD?

/wavetinyflag
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 05:28:54 PM

The Tri-Ace game is published by Microsoft despite the last generation of Tri-Ace games being published by Squeenix.

Also, here's a video of Project Sylph. It's a shooter from Game Arts that is published by Squeenix. Really, I'd rather have a sequel to Einhander.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Console news worth reading...(Big X360 news inside)  
Jump to: