Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:15:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: WAR- Computer Games Magazine - May 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WAR- Computer Games Magazine - May  (Read 57497 times)
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: May 06, 2006, 05:30:41 AM

you always ruin everything with you "thoughtful analysis", "logic" and "bitter wisdom from experience".  bastard.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: May 06, 2006, 11:03:36 PM

Depends on what though, Having a 40k and WFB MMOg out at the same time would split a lot of their userbase when they'd be better off just trying to see how well they go against, say, Vanguard or the SOE stable. Why cripple your own game like EQ2 did if it's a success?

40k should possibly go the action route. Something like a BF2 with persistant stats would be perfect, but even a well-done SP-FPS on the Doom3/HL2 engine would be a good entry. Be a Space Marine, hell they could revive the Space Hulk FPS assuming EA doesn't have any longterm hooks into it, and a lot of people seem to look back on SH fondly.

A 40k game would be great, but....  I'm not sure how you'd ever shoehorn it into the MMO mold.  I mean.....  the world is based around quick death and huge and expendable armies.

You're basically left with everyone being either a Space Marine or Chaos Space Marine.

Although it would be fun to be a Kommisar and shoot cowards in the head.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #142 on: May 07, 2006, 04:27:47 AM

Yeah, that's why I suggested it be either persistant-stats team-based a la BF2 or like Planetside if MMP.

For a 40k MMORPG then Necromunda would be the most appropriate, that or Inquisitor-based.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: May 07, 2006, 05:32:05 AM

[A 40k game would be great, but....  I'm not sure how you'd ever shoehorn it into the MMO mold.  I mean.....  the world is based around quick death and huge and expendable armies.

You're basically left with everyone being either a Space Marine or Chaos Space Marine.

Although it would be fun to be a Kommisar and shoot cowards in the head.

Total War the MMOG.

<-- still waiting.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: WAR- Computer Games Magazine - May  
Jump to: