Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:58:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: so is there anyone here still playing or what? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: so is there anyone here still playing or what?  (Read 4813 times)
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

on: March 27, 2006, 12:58:18 PM

After getting over my SB.EXE issues and getting used to the mouse-driven movement system I have raised a rogue irekei dagger bard on Vindication up to rank 2.

Are there any peeps here playing Vind. or any server for that matter with the guild hook up?  I doubt I'll be a frequent player; I'll be splitting time with EvE at the least; but it'd be nice hunt down the asshats with a regular crew.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Xilren's Twin

Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 02:04:10 PM

Im still playing semi-frequently.  Got a Ranger almost to R4 on the new server before starting to play around with a vamp warlock to see how the farming stuff works and he's still a work in progress.  The "spells take Health points instead of mana" is different, but i can once you get to a certain point you can get yourselfs going continuously with drains and such. Have a lvl 20 on the lore server and a my old 47 ranger on whatever server i moved him too (can't recall, think its vind).

Playing the stealth game when you know you're a massive underdog is kinda of fun.  With both npc and player tracking, I managed to score a Gladiator rune the other day, and haven't died more than I expected, but I've pretty much reached the limits on training my ranger until I hook up with a guild somewhere.  Initially I found the number of bots is astounding, but I guess it shouldn't be when anyone can create multiple free accounts and just auto-follow.

Finding a bunch of non-asshats to guild with is proving even more challenging than i anticipated.  I made the mistake of visiting the "political" board for the server and my brain almost imploded.  Wish there was some way to auto-sterilize the people who post there.  Hope for humanity -1.

The long distance running is wearing pretty thin though.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Target_Erukul
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:34:56 PM

Yep having a blast.Tried out Vind and loreplay, great idea but the opening of Braille really sucked the life out of that one.

Braille is interesting to say the least. A few days ago Braille had an infusion of Asian players, mostly Koreans. 

Most of the pl;ayers can't tell the difference between Korean, Japanese and Chinese text so there is allot of bullshit on
global.(I played allot of games with Asian player base) The Chinese gold farming thing from on other MMG's has allot of people freaking out I guess..

It is great for the game, massive player base for the "off" hours in America. The sad thing is too see the ugly American racist
constantly chatting  racist crap on global. Which curiously enough seems to be most prevalent on the non-school hours in America, hmmm...

There will be more crying to come, once the Asian's(especially Koreans get some levels) because simply put,
they group and work together and their team play is superior while the Americans team play is more individuals
who need and are forced to be together. And they don't cry when they get ganked, but lord global lights up
when someone gets ganked by an Asian......

Oh as for guilds, there are some good ones - most aren't open recruiting ( /who ->status->recruiting)you have
to ask them in /tell - though I do see DoO recruiting so you old HD boys probably got a home if you want.

Yeah it's me, and No I don't care if I made you cry.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 06:29:22 PM

Still dabbling a bit; I see my Fighter-based spear huntress is just as gimp as ever :P

Tried vampire briefly, didn't seem to work well for me as a warrior...my hp were going down fast enough without using them up for abilities as well.

I'll probably try taking some sort of healer for a test run, and then call it quits for a few more years.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 07:40:29 AM

dropped it, deleted it, wish I hadn't etc.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 12:00:03 PM

I don't understand what purpose, other than trashtalk and racial slander, global channel in SB serves.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Telemediocrity
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 07:35:02 PM

I don't understand what purpose, other than trashtalk and racial slander, global channel in SB serves.

I wouldn't advocate racial slander for everyone, but it's always worked for me.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 07:02:56 AM

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: so is there anyone here still playing or what?  
Jump to: