Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:19:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Bugged Story Arcs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bugged Story Arcs  (Read 2366 times)
Dark Despair

Email
on: June 03, 2004, 06:05:00 PM

I am probably going to seriously cut down my playing time (although it is already pretty low, due to business travel) because I have encountered some bugs in how the story arcs work.

Apparently, sometimes story arcs randomly end halfway through, leaving clues in your 'Clues' menu and no way to finish the arc or get the Souvenir. This has happened to me with both the Bonefire story arc and a Tsoo arc.  I think only certain arcs have the potential of being bugged like this.  Tech Support says this is a known error.

Well, while reading the boards today, I noticed that some people were saying that if you have 2 open arcs (bugged or otherwise), you can't receive any others until they are completed.  If this is true, it means that if I continue to play and level, I may be skipping story arcs that I will never get to play again.

I just thought I would see if anybody could confirm that you can't have more than 2 story arcs open at once.  I have been trying to get help from technical support with no luck...they just reply with a form letter.  

Hopefully I can get this resolved and get back in the game.  I hate to think that I may have missed the arcs, because without the cool missions, this game is just another treadmill, imho.

--Dark Despair
Dark Despair

Email
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 06:11:30 PM

Well,

Just as I had posted my original message, I received the following reply from tech support:

Hello,

This is a known issue. We are working on it and hope to have it resolved soon. Unfortunately, we do not know at this time if the resolution found will retroactively effect characters already facing this issue. If you fear outleveling a story arc before the fix is found, we would recommend playing an alternate character until we resolve the isue. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please refer to the patch notes for any updates. Thank you.

Regards,
GM

--------------

I just wanted to inform you guys why I wasn't playing and to let you guys know about this problem before it affects you.

Currently, I have only completed 2 arcs and have 2 arcs bugged.  The arcs I have finished are the etched peice (Clockwork) and the Water ID Badge (Vaz).  The two bugged arcs are Bonefire and a Tsoo arc I didnt make it far enough into to get a name.  If I am level 16, have I missed many arcs?

Thanks
--Dark Despair
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 07:44:07 PM

I don't believe the 2 bugged arc rule is hardset.  I have nearly a half dozen broken or uncompleted arcs and I just finished the first Sky Raider arc a level ago.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 01:25:37 AM

Damn, I must be one lucky bastard.  I have successfully completed 10 Souvenir arcs and am working on my 11th and 12th right now (Just hit level 25 yesterday so I am getting new ones now that my Lvl 25 contacts are talking to me).

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Dark Despair

Email
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 04:13:03 PM

Quote from: Daydreamer
I don't believe the 2 bugged arc rule is hardset.  I have nearly a half dozen broken or uncompleted arcs and I just finished the first Sky Raider arc a level ago.

You appear to be correct.  I received this follow-up email from Customer Support:

==============================
Thanks for the timely reply. Can you tell me whether or not you will
still receive new story arcs if you have 2 bugged story arcs open? Is
there a limit to only two story arcs at one time?

Thanks
Dark Despair

Yes, you should have no trouble working on another storyarc meanwhile.

Regards,

GM

===============================

So apparently the moral of this story is that you shouldn't listen to people on the boards.  A lesson I thought I had learned many, many years ago.  Feel free to begin calling me a n00b.  On a happy note, it looks like my one day hiatus is over.  Joy!
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 04:25:10 PM

You're a noob for listening to a GM.

There ARE cases where some characters are not receiving any story arcs... I have one that is so afflicted.  It is not clear if the fact there were buggy story arcs was the reason behind that or not.  Their latest response is they are still looking into it.

So, if I were you, I might not play for a while.

Bruce
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Bugged Story Arcs  
Jump to: