Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Test server and pvp 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Test server and pvp  (Read 2370 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: March 25, 2006, 08:05:28 AM

I have heard that the test server has very balanced pvp.  People can make an insta-60 that's already decked in Tier 0 and play in BGs.

I'm going to try it.  Sounds like fun, if most people are using the instas- and not copying their epic'ed out 60s.

Edited to add
Linky:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ptr/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 07:16:18 AM by Xanthippe »
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 06:22:57 AM

Hrm, I have to look into that.  I've often wondered what different talent builds on several classes would be like at the 60 game, but do not want to shell out the massive gold it would take.  Yes, the class build pages help in planning, but until I actually play the character in the appropriate situations, I don't know if I like the build or not.  This might be the solution.

Thanks for the idea.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 07:01:50 AM

Get your fun in before Tuesday, though.  Test realms are only available until patches go live, then they're down until the next patch is due.

You also can only create 2 premade characters and copy any of your normal characters to a total of 2 (You can copy the same char twice, or mix it up).  The premades are supposed to start with 150 gold, but apparently it's not happening for all classes as I saw the Alliance Druids complaining they got no money.  That was a few weeks ago, though, so dunno if it's still the case.

It's a nice way of exploring options, but I wouldn't do it to decide if you were going to enjoy a different class.  I tried with a paladin, and not knowing the auras, judges, seals system from having slogged through for even the first 20 levels meant I was horribly ineffective.   If I'd had some experience with them and wanted to see how it played-out at 60 it would have been a different matter.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 07:42:25 AM

Is 1.10 going live tomorrow?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 08:02:29 AM

That's the rumor.  The test realms contests end tomorrow, so there's much speculation that it means 1.10 will go live as well.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 09:55:55 AM

I haven't had much chance to play BGs on test server.  My daughter instead has been riding a mount all around Azeroth, or shapeshifting on a 60 druid.

And yes, it is true that alliance druids do not get any cash.  My daughter vendored inventory in order to buy a pet owl.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 09:56:21 AM

If I'd had some experience with them and wanted to see how it played-out at 60 it would have been a different matter.

That's what I plan.
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 10:19:30 AM

I have heard that the test server has very balanced pvp.  People can make an insta-60 that's already decked in Tier 0 and play in BGs.

I'm going to try it.  Sounds like fun, if most people are using the instas- and not copying their epic'ed out 60s.

I found that the premade characters are pretty fun, but they don't lead to balanced PvP. All the premades running around (you can spot them easily by their lack of PvP ranks) are people dipping their toes in the other classes water. So they really, really suck at them since they're not used to them. Druids letting themselves get polymorphed levels of suck.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Test server and pvp  
Jump to: