Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:29:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Sega Mega Drive Titles to be Downloadable on Nintendo Revolution 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sega Mega Drive Titles to be Downloadable on Nintendo Revolution  (Read 5426 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: March 24, 2006, 07:43:22 AM

SEGA Europe Ltd. & SEGA of America, Inc. today announced that they will be providing SEGA titles as part of the Virtual Console system for Nintendo's new generation console Nintendo Revolution.

"SEGA continues to develop innovative ways to showcase its new generation leadership," says Naoya Tsurumi, Chief Executive Officer, SEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe, Ltd. "SEGA's support of the Virtual Console system will introduce more gamers to classic MEGA DRIVE hits and reinvigorate many of our popular brands."

Nintendo's Virtual Console will allow Revolution owners to download and play classic NES, SNES and MEGA DRIVE games through the Revolution network. With a game library of more than 1,000 titles for the MEGA DRIVE, SEGA is planning to provide a "best of" selection for gamers, enabling them to relive their favourite titles.

So the Nintendo Revolution will have NES, SNES titles and the Mega Drive titles from Sega. Anyone know what titles are in the Mega Drive lineup? Is it Genesis stuff?

EDIT: Apparently, yes it IS Genesis titles. This could be really good.

Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 07:45:45 AM

Nintendo bought out Phantom?

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:16:06 AM

I might have to put some serious thought into preordering.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 12:06:23 PM

EDIT: Apparently, yes it IS Genesis titles. This could be really good.
Yup Genesis = Mega Drive in Japan just like SNES = Super Famicom in Japan.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 12:50:12 PM

Also Turbo Grafx 16 stuff will be downloadable.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 02:06:28 PM

Golden Axe 4tw. I'm not sure how the Revolution controller would work with it though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 02:51:16 PM

Spooge.  Good to know that my instincts were on track.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Strazos

Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 06:08:43 PM

You know what would be rediculous? Online Multiplay, on the Old games.

General Chaos, Gunstar Heroes, Secret of Mana, Online? It would be a fucking no-brainer.

I'm also guessing impossible.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 08:19:00 AM

Keep your expectations realistic, don't set yourself up for failure.  I, for example, am just thinking "Hey, I can play A Link to the Past again".

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 01:57:56 PM

The safest thing to do is to stick with 1st party titles from Sega and Nintendo. It's still a long list of games, just not a long list of games you actually want to buy. We already know Capcom is supporting Xbox Live and if Street Fighter II Hyper' does well, they simply have no reason to sell stuff on Nintendo's sytem. As for squaresoft, they're content with releasing everything as a collection and they're not on great terms with Nintendo anyway. Then we've got folks like Namco, Konami, and Tecmo who are already with Sony or Microsoft or both. It's an interesting service that whole 3 systems are offering now. There's nothing unique about Nintendo's except maybe some Mario, Zelda and Metroid themes and less third party games. It doesn't really shade my opinion of the system since a Trauma Center was already announced for the Revolution (and that's reason enough for me to buy it), but I'm not going to pretend their available online games will make any damn difference over Sony and Microsoft's offerings.
Strazos

Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 04:20:29 PM

I would definately take some Zelda again.

I still need to beat Zelda 2.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Sega Mega Drive Titles to be Downloadable on Nintendo Revolution  
Jump to: