Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Rasslin' for Jeebus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rasslin' for Jeebus  (Read 990 times)
WayAbvPar

on: March 20, 2006, 12:57:09 PM

Link

Christian Wrestlers Body Slam For God

POSTED: 9:16 am PST March 20, 2006

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Can professional-style wrestling really be the next frontier for Christian outreach?

Small bands of masked evangelists, clad in tights and armed with biblical names, argue it is. The violence and intensity of wrestling, they claim, can be the perfect way to attract the alternative, younger crowd.

At the beginning of some "Wrestling for Jesus" shows, wrestler Chase "Darkness" Cliett is strapped to a massive wooden cross on stage as piercing music is played. A group of evil wrestlers beats and bloodies him before the good guys dramatically come to his rescue. Later, after a horned fellow in a red suit is knocked out, the preaching begins.

But it's not for everyone; many churches won't even consider letting them perform.

One performance ended with real fighting, real cursing and a repentant participant stretched-out face-down in the ring weeping.

They're not the only wrestling group to heed the call, according to The Christian Post.

Another group, Christian Wrestling Federation, is based in Texas. It has a board of eight preachers in addition to a core of dozen entertainers that use each match to entertain the crowd and preach, the newspaper reported.

Ultimate Christian Wrestling, based in Athens, Ga., is another group that features booming music and special effects, according to The Christian Post.

Ummm, ok.

I blame Paelos. This is his neck of the woods (even if he has abandoned it for greener pastures).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 01:07:15 PM

The violence and intensity of wrestling, they claim, can be the perfect way to attract the alternative, younger crowd.

There's the problem right there. The preachers don't respect their audience enough to just talk to them. Instead they feel they have to do some kind of song and dance and then expect the idiots to be drawn in by the rassling and then sucker punch them with the Jeebus. STUPID.

Talk to them like people, not like fucking demographics. Ass.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 01:24:12 PM

Ummm, ok.

I blame Paelos. This is his neck of the woods (even if he has abandoned it for greener pastures).

I blame me too. I often strap on a spandex thong and attack Satan with "GoldenPalace.com" written across my asschecks. Somehow this must have started a Georgia trend.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 01:30:34 PM

Ummm, ok.

I blame me too. I often strap on a spandex thong and attack Satan with "GoldenPalace.com" written across my asschecks. Somehow this must have started a Georgia trend.

I KNEW IT!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Rasslin' for Jeebus  
Jump to: