Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Agent offers... rhyme, reason? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Agent offers... rhyme, reason?  (Read 3643 times)
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

on: March 17, 2006, 07:27:48 AM

I had been seeing the same agent over and over (and over) because, well, he was an easy lay.  Right in our home base.  Now this was just a simple lvl I (Q 0) agent, but still, he got the job done.  Or rather *I* got the job done.  Whatever.  The point is, I recently found out what I had been missing.  Now I have some social skills and I've got agents 2 and 3 systems away spamming me and some of them are level II.

But my old agent, I've got over 1k LPs with him and he keeps making me these wacky offers.  Other agents, right.  Build up 10 or 100 points and they'll offer you ammo and missles and so on.  This guy is offering me 'anchor points' (for my very own space station?) and last night the offer was for ex-slaves.  200 re-trained ex-slaves.  It included 'scientists, some 'exotic dancers' (and no, I'm not making that up) about 100 janitors, some space marines (!) and of all things... homeless.  Yeah, basically he's trying to foist his space trash on me.

The point to this?  What is the wackiest thing I could expect to cash in my 1000+ LPs with this guy (bear in mind, hes a Surveilance officer, lvl 1, Q=0) or what might I be able to hold out for.  Or if you want me to cash in the points for the slaves they're yours.  (caveat, I am keeping 5 of the best dancers for my harem and 3 marines to play deathmatch with and you have to take all the homeless/janitors.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 07:30:00 AM by Mr_PeaCH »

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 07:33:14 AM

Maybe a Frigate? Might need more than you have now, though. I can't remember how many I had when I was getting Frigate offers and I'm not sure if Surveillance agents give them out.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:09:57 AM

I saw a post recently on the offers agents will give.

Ahh - http://www.coreblack.com/agent_offers.php here...

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 11:12:11 AM

Yeah the exotic dancers always give me a chuckle. I've got 250 chilling in my hangar from various missions. (Blowing up hab moduels/ brothels gives you people..)  They can keep the 100 or so Homeless in there company while breeding the cows I can't be bothered to sell because there's only ~150 of them.  I'm not too worried abotu the mess, though.  My army of 300 janitors keeps the place and my ships spotless at no cost to me!

All of 'em are trade goods, or requirements for other agent offers.  I just wish I could recycle 'em since most of the time you can't find anyone looking to buy for enough to make the trip worth it.

As to the actual agent offers.. I've yet to find a reliable database or link.  I know if you save up enough points with certain types, you'll get ships/ bpcs and other nice things, but all I've ever gotten are space-junk, crafting stuff and low-quality tradegoods.  Sooo not worth my time.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 11:46:17 AM

at 1K I got offered an implant by one so I jumped.

Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 12:02:15 AM

I got a Level II Executioner Frigate from one for the minerals it took to build it, which was pretty cheap.  Don't remember the Loyalty cost, I think it was around 50.  Mind, I've got two Frigate III's up and equipped already for high sec ratting, so the Executioner is a hanger queen even for a newbie like me, but I couldn't resist the price.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 01:32:51 PM

@15K points you get a bunch of +3 implant offers, @500K you get faction BS offers (all this is dependent on the corp you're working for - the navies of each race give decent implants and faction ships however).  Both of those give by far the best LP/isk ratios.  Realistically that sort of LP can only be soloed via weeks of L3 missions or a few days group grinding L4.

Note my info is a couple of months old but I don't think they've radically overhauled the system.   
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 01:36:20 PM by Sparky »
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 04:21:47 PM

These numbers are generalizations from the Level 2 agent I'm currently running who gives 150 LP to 300 LP (and 150k ISK to 300k ISK) per mission. She's a combat intelligence agent (quality 13).

5k LPs will get you a +2 int implant (10 mil).
6k LPs will get you a +2 charisma implant (4 mil?).
8K LPs will get you something like 1000 French starbase charters (which sold for 6-8 mil).

10k LPs will get you a +3 int implant (43 mil).
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 04:24:20 PM

Could some one do a little post like "Agents for Dummies" or some thing. Its my next game aspect to tackle, and I feel under informed.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 04:37:01 PM

If agent missions are your thing there is a skill called connections that raises your standing and raises your rewards. I swear its the most overpowered skill in the game. Anyway identify a faction you want to work for, ill suggest your navy, You'll get free ships after awhile. Show info on agent, to the left is his face to the right in his faction insignia. Click on insignia now you have an agents tab. Security, internal security and there are others will give combat missions.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 06:49:20 PM

www.evegeek.com

Has a breakdown of types of missions you can expect based on Agents division.  Also has a calculator that roughly lets you know what agents you will pre-qualify for based on your current effective standing, etc.

http://eve.grismar.net/explorer/

Eve Explorer.  One of the ways you can run the search is for available agents and I found it to be very accurate when i ran it against Kor-Azor; it led me directly to 3 agents I hadn't heard of yet.

And I second skilling up the Social skills (eg. Connections) a little if you're at all into doing Agent Missions; I have that and another up to 3 and now they're throwing themselves at me.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 07:12:38 AM

I'll third the connections comments and also suggest adding at least one level of diplomacy too - it's similar to connections but improves your effective standing with corps who have a negative view of you.

edit button addict.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Agent offers... rhyme, reason?  
Jump to: