Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:34:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Oblivion, the PC version, has been leaked. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oblivion, the PC version, has been leaked.  (Read 6412 times)
schild
Administrator

on: March 14, 2006, 01:35:06 PM

I haven't seen a news post on this anywhere. But uh, yea, it's leaked. Clocks in at 4.44GB. So, uh, yea. Expect someone to start bitching and moaning about piracy mighty soon.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 01:35:46 PM

The Starforce guys did it.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 01:36:18 PM

Interesting angle. Let's run with it.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 04:58:48 PM

Edit: Sucks.

Maybe we'll get an early review?
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:22:37 PM

Maybe we'll get an early review?

No.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 07:49:35 PM

Preview?
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 07:50:22 PM

I'm getting the 360 version. I'm sure someone will step up to talk about the PC version. But not before it comes out.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 08:57:10 PM

I'm starting to feel that warm fuzzy feeling I get before I irrationally buy a game and play it for 4 hours.

Then never play it again.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 09:09:47 PM

You too!? I'm getting that feeling about Subsistance tomorrow!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 09:23:18 AM

isonews (don't look at me, thats not the real name, I am not spreading piracy) has no listed releases for Oblivion.  I looked at the bit-torrent scene and the Hoodlum 4.44 GB release is a fake.  Not that I don't think it will be cracked and released before next week but I don't think you found a real release.

Regardless, if you want the game buy the game, Bethsoft has spent a fortune on it and they deserve their income.

Personally, I think that if companies offered their games online for download when they were ready at full price they would drop the rate of piracy several fold.  My view on casual piracy is that it is indulged in mostly by those too lazy/eager to go to the store and you can't stop the hard-core pirates anyways.

Note to companies - people want to buy your product, if you won't provide it to them in the format they want and someone else will they will take the path of least resistance.  My example is to look at music p2p trading and iTunes, people have no problems being honest when to do so is as easy as/easier than being dishonest.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 11:43:41 AM

I, for one, love me some downloadable games.  GalCivII, EQ2, EVE, Mount & Blade, even the few interesting Steam items, it's all sweeter when I don't have to put on clothes to obtain a game.  It's easier than trying to communicate with the assmasters at Best Buy, or standing in line, or giving a middle-man money, or crossing my fingers as a box fights its way though the postal system like Frodo through Moria.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 05:22:43 PM

It should take a fucking brain surgeon for them to see, that when spending money on a product takes more effort then getting said product for free, you have a fucking problem when it comes to American consumers.

Of course they had to resist online distribution for so long that now even parts of the LCD know what bittorrent is and how to use it.  This whole fucking "piracy epidemic" could have been avoided if you just let the fat fucks download your games.

/agree with everyone+1

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 03:28:11 PM

I like my wire bound Fallout manual with receipes....

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 02:09:05 PM

Stardock will ship you a box, CD and manual for a couple extra dollars.  Not everyone has to be like Valve.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Oblivion, the PC version, has been leaked.  
Jump to: