Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Four Horsemen of Stupid: The Crow: Wicked Prayer Movie Review 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Four Horsemen of Stupid: The Crow: Wicked Prayer Movie Review  (Read 13207 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: March 13, 2006, 09:45:05 AM

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 10:06:48 AM

It just defies the imagination sometimes.  A fantastic film followed by a series of films inspired by the first and yet so awful it is truely baffling.

I am reminded of similar pattern with the Highlander series.  Films like this have fans of the FIRST film, who out of respect ignore the sequals.

Thanks for the review - I will continue to "respect" the Crow :)

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 11:47:47 AM

I like Dennis Hopper, even though it appears he's made more bad movies than good one.  I've never even heard of half the movies he's been in, including the one Haemish just reviewed.  Thanks for the warning and the article, Haemish.  As usual, thourghly enjoyed.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 02:49:07 PM

I love you Haemish.

I really do.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 04:53:14 PM

I'm fucking dying here, thanks for taking one for the team and making my day.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 09:30:14 AM

I liked the Midnight Bomber (what bombs at midnight) references.  And I was cheering for T2 to get Edward Furlong - that might have helped this movie.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 03:45:11 PM

The integrated Mel Gibson aside was masterfully written, thank you.

Oh, and there were no sequals to Highlander. Ever.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 05:31:49 PM

As always I laughed my ass off, my co-worker looked at me funny, and I explained that your write-ups were superior to actually watching any of the trite bullshit that comes out of hollywood.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 07:01:22 AM

I could never fathom how a follow up movie could be made beyond the first.  Sure, the mythology of the world was captivating, but with Brandon's legacy hanging over it, just seemed a very bad move.

Thank you for taking one for the team.  So, did you ever watch Humanoids from the Deep?

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 07:20:13 AM

Thank you for taking one for the team.  So, did you ever watch Humanoids from the Deep?

Yes, and it was better than I could have hoped. The sight of nubile young nude women being used as breeding fodder by salmon-men in a giant turd ball was exquisitely painful. It reached depths of intentional badness that Uwe Boll could never reached, if only because of his ineptitude.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 04:41:58 PM

I found even the first movie to be unbelievably stupid.  I mean, a goth superhero, for Christ's sake?

"Quck Robin, to the Hot Topic!  I'm out of Urban Decay nail polish!"
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 11:14:43 PM

I found even the first movie to be unbelievably stupid.  I mean, a goth superhero, for Christ's sake?

Blasphemy.  Simple Blasphemy.  Don't even pretend to question the artistic value of the first film.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Four Horsemen of Stupid: The Crow: Wicked Prayer Movie Review  
Jump to: