Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: AO Attempts to beat SWG at it's own game come September 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AO Attempts to beat SWG at it's own game come September  (Read 11884 times)
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #35 on: June 06, 2004, 10:37:05 PM

Quote from: Boley
First is a 10 day reactivation of all old accounts from June 5-15.

Yowsa, thanks for the heads up.   I am *so* on the boat for the free June 5-15th reactivation.   Hopefully they'll get around to activating me soon, because currently it says my account is not registered for Planetside for some odd reason.

Only issue I have with Core Combat is nobody ever seems to bother fighting in the core, which promised to be pretty compelling.  When I was leaving the developers were working to make the cores more important by allowing capture of all of the core buildings to transfer all core benefits to linked based topside to that core.   It should have worked.

About the time I had quit Planetside, population was grisily unbanaced.  My favorite faction, the underdog Vanu, had been granted an improved Lasher which (due to popular belief) enticed a great deal of miserable defenders to make their way there.   Ever the advocate of fair play, I defected to TR to try to balance things out, but my heart remained with the Vanu.   New empire incentives are in place to balance out combat, but the details I know not.

Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 07, 2004, 06:53:43 AM

When I left maybe 3-4 months ago, the lasher was damn frightening still.  People had done many tests on it showing that it was doing too much damage.  The devs had stated how much damage the energy ball was supposed to do and how much the lash was supposed to do.  Direct hit was supposed to be energy ball damage only, but as of then it was doing energy ball + lash making it the most damaging weapon in the game.  Plus the lash radius was HUGE and would also set you on fire.  One guy with a lasher and a lot of ammo could hold a stairway against 50 people.

Jackhammer was also very strong.  TR was sort of the odd man out because they were still down from the over-reduction in the cycler.  I, of course played TR.  It may have looked different from the other perspectives.  For some reason TR had numbers going for them most of the time.  I think it was because they had the best tank (although the magrider was arguably at that time).
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 07, 2004, 05:31:41 PM

Quote from: geldonyetich
Hopefully they'll get around to activating me soon, because currently it says my account is not registered for Planetside for some odd reason.

I had the same problem. After patching, it gives me this message. Quitting the launcher and relaunching clears it up. Bugs. Surprising.

As to Core Combat, yea, I think it's generally agreed to be a niche expansion. I'm sure some people love it, but even just trying the weaponry and such out in VR, I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I don't see all that many CC things out in battle either. A flail every so often and only once in a week have I seen a teleporter.

But it could also be cuz I don't do much defending. Hedron's group moves too fast for that.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #38 on: June 08, 2004, 12:30:09 PM

I have been enjoying my PS time, and many of my friends are trying out the trial or using the 10 days free.

The biggest problem right now is the NC's new deliverer varient: The Thunderer (nicknamed the pwnderer). It has 2 direct fire cannons of insta-gib doom (kills rexo in one shot) and has a lower TTK than a mag. The raider is a great delivi, sporting a 5 man crew (1 driver 4 gunners). The Vanu's Aurora is a pile, big surprise huh? Playing Vanu= playing PS on hard mode

If anyone is going to be playing Vanu on Emerald, check out our outfit www.gotr.net - we run organized raids on Thursday and Sunday nights. This Sunday I'm hosting MAGRIDER DEATH raid, prolly field about 20-25 Mags. PM me if your interested in fighting along side us.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: AO Attempts to beat SWG at it's own game come September  
Jump to: