Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Thoughts on "things I would like to see in CoH" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on "things I would like to see in CoH"  (Read 2187 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

on: May 29, 2004, 12:29:46 AM

Been having a blast playing my blaster (no pun intended) but I cant help but think that there are so many cool comic bookish things that the game could really use.

Sure, I understand that they are working on possibly adding capes, and movable tales (would be nice once that tech gets in, then the flag on top of the City Hall in Atlas wouldnt look like it was starched too heavily), however, there are some things I think would be even cooler then capes and bendy tails.

See, there are 5 origins (Science, Tech, Mutant, Magic, Natural) but what actually differentiates them visibly from one and other?  The character generator allows you to make a Magic character in full cyber gear, complete with robotic arms and power armor suit, or vice versa.  What we really need is a couple of quests or options for Origin specific costume tweaks, maybe even power+origin specific tweaks.

For example, lets take the power of Fly (mainly cause its late and getting creative with other powers is hard).  What if you had the option to pick some neat addons to your character through quest when you pick Fly.  Tech characters could have Iron Man style rocked jets coming out of their feet, or Rocketeer style flight packs.  Science could have their lower body turn into a jet of flame or energy (like the dude who blasts off in the comic on the website).  Mutants could get WINGS!

How about other nifty things.  Multiple arms for mutants?  Neat weapons/costume addons for tech characters.  All those cool things our favourite heroes have?  You guys must have some similar ideas.

On a more technical side, something I would like to see introduced in one of the patches is the ability to organise your Slotted Enhancers in a power.   Sure, its not a big deal, but I like having an order to the placement of my enhancers.  You know, damage first, then accuracy, then range, then other effects (knockback, end reduction, etc).  Since it always adds new slots to the end of the row, you sometimes end up with them scattered all over.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 07:24:33 AM

I like your suggestions.  The general take-away for me is that you would like more ties between character development and the selected origin.  Currently, the origin we select does not really have a great deal of impact on character development.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 11:59:44 AM

Well, mainly what i am suggesting is a Visual tweak/Costume Perk that is origin specific.  Call it an perk for picking a specific origin.  It has no effect on  the performance of a similarly specced Science Blaster VS Magic Blaster, it just lets them look different.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Thoughts on "things I would like to see in CoH"  
Jump to: