Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:50:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.10 Patch Notes Leaked? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.10 Patch Notes Leaked?  (Read 36479 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #35 on: March 03, 2006, 09:11:04 PM

yeah, I imagine that you running around ashenvale doing grey level 20 quests will not be the goldmine that an above poster speculated. OTOH, it might give me somethingto do on my 60 pally that actually kind of has a point since I can't be arsed raiding, and faction grinding is soul destroying, and pvp is like waitning in a queue for weeks to be wtfpwned by people like Honda Civic in their l33t gear...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 09:48:33 PM

K, maybe 10cp per xp point?

so 10g per 10k xp?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 09:54:24 PM

yeah, I imagine that you running around ashenvale doing grey level 20 quests will not be the goldmine that an above poster speculated. OTOH, it might give me somethingto do on my 60 pally that actually kind of has a point since I can't be arsed raiding, and faction grinding is soul destroying, and pvp is like waitning in a queue for weeks to be wtfpwned by people like Honda Civic in their l33t gear...

You know, you're not married to the game, right?

Why do you people play games that obviously give your bowels discomfort?

Edit:  New dungeon caps + tons of unfinished dungeon quests + new dungeon drops = gold mine.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 09:59:02 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #38 on: March 04, 2006, 12:16:34 AM

You know, you're not married to the game, right?

Why do you people play games that obviously give your bowels discomfort?

Freak.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 04, 2006, 06:15:10 AM

I recently went back and did a shitload of high level quests for their gold rewards and vendorable items...

Oh well. rolleyes
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 04, 2006, 07:15:56 AM

Me too.  This is why my rogue is not pleased at these events while my warrior is rubbing his hands in gleeful anticipation.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #41 on: March 04, 2006, 07:33:24 AM

Good news for pallies too, since their Tier 0 set will be much easier to complete. No more full BRD runs for a tiny shot at the gloves.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 04, 2006, 09:04:01 AM

Most of the gold will come from doing bgs, the turn ins are worth 3k exp at 60, the same as a small quest.

I am the .00000001428%
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #43 on: March 04, 2006, 09:08:33 AM

I heard a nasty rumor that you have to have your tier 0 set before you can have your .5 set, as in you have to turn it in as part of the reward. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, that blows. I never got the full valor set because it sucks ass for tanking, and the parts I did get I vendored or DC'd when I upgraded to something better. I know a lot of people will have done the same. That means, if you dumped some of your old pieces for bank space or something, you have to get them again.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #44 on: March 04, 2006, 09:16:55 AM

I heard a nasty rumor that you have to have your tier 0 set before you can have your .5 set, as in you have to turn it in as part of the reward. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, that blows. I never got the full valor set because it sucks ass for tanking, and the parts I did get I vendored or DC'd when I upgraded to something better. I know a lot of people will have done the same. That means, if you dumped some of your old pieces for bank space or something, you have to get them again.
Pretty much everything I read said in no uncertain terms that you were UPGRADING your Tier 0 set, so having the pieces would be a given.

I'm having nightmares since I haven't been able to win a single roll on my shoulders or chestpiece. Ever.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 04, 2006, 09:25:47 AM

Pretty much everything I read said in no uncertain terms that you were UPGRADING your Tier 0 set, so having the pieces would be a given.

I'm having nightmares since I haven't been able to win a single roll on my shoulders or chestpiece. Ever.

I don't think you'll take more than 1 of any class now that the dungeon caps are 5.

I am the .00000001428%
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #46 on: March 04, 2006, 09:33:00 AM

I don't think you'll take more than 1 of any class now that the dungeon caps are 5.
Spire needs 10 people, so unless you're packing a small army of druids you'll need a couple warriors.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #47 on: March 04, 2006, 03:31:18 PM

Seems like a good time to quit your <almost any class> and just reroll a fucking warrior or priest... it's become very much like EQ1 in that regard..

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #48 on: March 04, 2006, 04:37:23 PM

There's too damn many warriors out there.  They're also mainly Fury/Arms or Arms/Fury. Protection? Ha, you need 2-3 "gimped"  warriors you keep on the side for tanking those raid instances.   You want a group, roll a priest now before the masses do after 1.10 and start saying "Wtf u mean heal, I'm Holy/ Disc smite build, I'm DPS!!"

Really, I love the game, but the masochistic side of me is starting to realize how free of idiots the oldschool MMO grind kept things.  That, I fear more than anything.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 04, 2006, 04:47:33 PM

Pretty much every class is overabundant at the end game.

Except warlocks for the next couple weeks.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #50 on: March 04, 2006, 04:55:03 PM

Warriors weren't too plentiful on my server until people realised they were pretty good. There still aren't nearly as many warriors as there are Hunters and Rogues though.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 04, 2006, 06:21:20 PM

Really, I love the game, but the masochistic side of me is starting to realize how free of idiots the oldschool MMO grind kept things.  That, I fear more than anything.
I disagree. The old grind didn't mean less idiots, it meant idiots that had been trained to be tenacious. :)

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 05, 2006, 04:19:49 AM

Apparently the tier 0.5 stuff will need a LOT of expensive materials and grinding. 10 stonescale oils, arcanite converter, greater eternal essences, ~150 gold per piece, etc etc. Also mob grinding for the first few pieces, and instance blitzing for the last few [I've heard that for the 0.5 legpiece, you need to do a strat baron run in less than 45 minutes, starting from the spider boss].
Shadowmeld got nerfed.. I don't mind, though now all of the top 5 racials are horde-side. Ah well, shouldda rolled undead.

-- Z.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #53 on: March 05, 2006, 05:16:43 AM

The set bonuses have all been turned to shit, as well.  Hunters REALLY take it in the pooper on that one.  The .5 bonuses aren't much better, and in the case of priests are the EXACT SAME BONUSES, just reversed in the order that you get them.  Plus, the stats on the .5 tier stuff are, in some instances, WORSE than the current blue stats. (Priest belt and Boots both have less int. The belt goes from 20int to 13 int. Er, yay?)

This looks like a case of just putting in a long, involved quest to change the color of an item to shut-up board whiners.  "There's your purple text, now gtfa."

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #54 on: March 05, 2006, 05:53:13 AM

Pictures of the new 1.10 item sets:

http://www.wowguru.com/gallery/itemsets-id16/
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #55 on: March 05, 2006, 06:41:52 AM

Pretty much every class is overabundant at the end game.
Always a lack of druids where I am. I'm often the only druid in a 40-person raid. Hard work, but the druid loot is mine, all mine!
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 05, 2006, 06:58:10 AM

Pictures of the new 1.10 item sets:

http://www.wowguru.com/gallery/itemsets-id16/

So basically the new sets are just recolored old sets? Pretty weak but not unexpected.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #57 on: March 05, 2006, 08:27:46 AM

Apparently the tier 0.5 stuff will need a LOT of expensive materials and grinding. 10 stonescale oils, arcanite converter, greater eternal essences, ~150 gold per piece, etc etc. Also mob grinding for the first few pieces, and instance blitzing for the last few [I've heard that for the 0.5 legpiece, you need to do a strat baron run in less than 45 minutes, starting from the spider boss].
Shadowmeld got nerfed.. I don't mind, though now all of the top 5 racials are horde-side. Ah well, shouldda rolled undead.

-- Z.
Where are we hearing all this?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #58 on: March 05, 2006, 08:31:42 AM

The official boards from beta testers.  Test servers are up and test copy was up for a few hours late Friday.  It won't be up again until 3am on Monday.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #59 on: March 05, 2006, 08:35:32 AM

Good lord on the 45 minute Baron run. How the hell is that possible? Even frantically running you couldn't pull that off 5-man unless you found some way to ignore half the pulls.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 05, 2006, 08:40:32 AM

Good lord on the 45 minute Baron run. How the hell is that possible? Even frantically running you couldn't pull that off 5-man unless you found some way to ignore half the pulls.

They tuned down all the late game instances so that 5 mans could do them in 45 mins.

I've heard from a few reliable sources that it's pretty easy as long as everyone is on the ball.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #61 on: March 05, 2006, 08:43:51 AM

They tuned down all the late game instances so that 5 mans could do them in 45 mins.

I've heard from a few reliable sources that it's pretty easy as long as everyone is on the ball.
You mean they toned Strat down even more this patch? Or are we talking the cumulative nerfs from previous patches?

Because as it is a 45 minute run would require a lot of sweaty palmed pulls into corners and carefully sneaking past several pulls provided you could even do it. You'd need a lot of DM and the better Strat/Scholo stuff to have a ghost of a chance either.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #62 on: March 05, 2006, 08:58:53 AM

They toned it down even more.  I've seen folks speculating on lowered mob hps, lower hps on the Baron, and fewer number of mobs in general.  I'm going to try to copy over tomorrow and see if I can get in on a run with my priest to verify it.  I'm fairly familiar with Baron-side as it's one of my favorites (excepting the 'fatties' part.. too damn long there.)

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 05, 2006, 09:08:40 AM

They toned it down even more.  I've seen folks speculating on lowered mob hps, lower hps on the Baron, and fewer number of mobs in general.  I'm going to try to copy over tomorrow and see if I can get in on a run with my priest to verify it.  I'm fairly familiar with Baron-side as it's one of my favorites (excepting the 'fatties' part.. too damn long there.)

This is what I've heard too, also, crazy crazy drop rates.

Of course, they will probably 'tune' this before final release.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #64 on: March 05, 2006, 01:08:55 PM

Man... looking at those above armor sets... the only one that looks at all good to me is the Five Thunders one.  The Rogue armor stands out as particularly awkward looking.  I'd hate to grind/farm for all those pieces only to look ridiculous when I got them.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 05, 2006, 03:26:22 PM

The paladin set is an improvement, if only because you won't look like the love child of Ronald McDonald and The Burger King when you wear it unlike the Dungeon Teir 1 set.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 05, 2006, 03:29:10 PM

Supposedly their testers managed the baron run in 30 min with an optimized group in all Blue gear. 35-40 min with unoptimized.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 05, 2006, 04:39:15 PM

Bout fucking time they fixed the good old 41 yard ranged Ambush.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #68 on: March 05, 2006, 05:33:06 PM

I just find it funny that in the "Casual vs Raider" debate going on on the wow forums, the casuals all always say "We dont want getting epics to be easy, we just want the chance at it" but now that they have implimented it, they are all screaming that its to hard, and takes to long. Guess a lot of them really did want free epics.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #69 on: March 05, 2006, 05:40:01 PM

Bout fucking time they fixed the good old 41 yard ranged Ambush.

It fixes nothing, really.  If they're going to AS you at 41 yards, you're going to get hit weather it drops before or after they shoot.  You just have a chance of actually seeing them do it now.

Expect a lot of "nerf undead" posts in retaliation, however.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.10 Patch Notes Leaked?  
Jump to: