Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:22:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: For those few people that are playing... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For those few people that are playing...  (Read 7679 times)
Wasted
Terracotta Army

on: March 01, 2006, 03:52:33 AM

Feel free to add Spectre to your friends list if you are on Khyber.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 07:58:01 AM

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 08:17:53 AM

Heh.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 08:27:25 AM

I'm the guy on the left.  The other guy.  Other left.  Yes. 
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 08:35:51 AM

At least, they are grouping.

"Me am play gods"
Xilren's Twin

Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 09:12:54 AM

Sad to say, I havent started my sub yet b/c I playing too much EQ2.

Boy, there's a sentence I'd never have imagined saying a year ago.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 10:53:49 AM

I just got back to work from buying the limited edition, I figured a D&D game would have put out a nice one, boy was I wrong.  All the other MMO limited/collector's editions I have bought came in a nice solid box with artbooks/figurines/cloth maps or whatever.  This was just a regular retail box that said "Limited Edition" at the bottom.  I cut open the stickers and started sliding it out of the box only to discover something odd.  What they have done is taken a regular edition box, complete with graphics and folding cover, and placed it in another cardboard box with the same graphics except with "Limited Edition" written on it.  They might as well have just used a sticker.  The only difference between the two is that they threw in a couple of useless charts printed on glossy paper.  There is also some in-game item that helps you run a bit faster.  What use that would be in a dungeon crawl game I don't know.

I will play it a bit tonight.  That way I can quickly decide I dislike it and will be able to use the weekend to play games I know I enjoy.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 02:22:16 PM

There is also some in-game item that helps you run a bit faster.  What use that would be in a dungeon crawl game I don't know.

Because if you try to solo, ever, you will be running back to your quest alot after getting kille dover and over.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 02:25:52 PM

Being able to run faster than your groupmates is also incredibly handy.  You don't have to outrun the monster.. you just have to outrun the slowest member of the group.   :-D

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 02:27:39 PM

There is also some in-game item that helps you run a bit faster.  What use that would be in a dungeon crawl game I don't know.
Because if you try to solo, ever, you will be running back to your quest alot after getting kille dover and over.
That's after you wait fricking forever for your health and spell points to regen back.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 04:08:37 PM

Why don't they just make it so your healths regens instantly? I don't understand. It's not like the game really has an overworld area with MOBs or anything like that. The town is really a glorified lobby disconnected from any quests.

The second you leave a quest for any reason you should be totally revitalized.

In a typical MMORPG where the outside world is dangerous it makes sense to have these things regen slowly or with resting or something like that. Here it does not, other than to force people into taverns.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 05:06:58 PM

Why don't they just make it so your healths regens instantly? I don't understand. It's not like the game really has an overworld area with MOBs or anything like that. The town is really a glorified lobby disconnected from any quests.

The second you leave a quest for any reason you should be totally revitalized.

In a typical MMORPG where the outside world is dangerous it makes sense to have these things regen slowly or with resting or something like that. Here it does not, other than to force people into taverns.

I don't entirely mind being forced into taverns to heal (I've actually heard people gripe that they aren't forced into taverns ENOUGH, even), since I tend to go to them anyway to sell junk, and it's nice to have locations where you know lots of potential party members will be, but I do agree that the health/mana could regen quite a bit faster.  At the very least, high quality food and drink should bring you up to full much faster than it does.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 08:13:40 AM

Being able to run faster than your groupmates is also incredibly handy.  You don't have to outrun the monster.. you just have to outrun the slowest member of the group.   :-D

That was good :)

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 09:43:05 AM

Quote from: Xilren's Twin
Sad to say, I havent started my sub yet b/c I playing too much EQ2.

Boy, there's a sentence I'd never have imagined saying a year ago.

Xilren

Shocking, ain't it?

Quote from: Samwise
Being able to run faster than your groupmates is also incredibly handy.  You don't have to outrun the monster.. you just have to outrun the slowest member of the group.    :-D

That right there is some funny stuff.

As to DDO, I'm only sorry I didn't have time to test it out more and try some different classes. It was interesting enough. Though I'm not sure that I would play it unless I knew several other people and played with them on a regular basis. In any case, the devs definitely put some work into the game so I hope it turns out for the best for them. Now back to your regularly scheduled group-making thread...

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: For those few people that are playing...  
Jump to: