Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:23:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Some general stuff... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some general stuff...  (Read 6687 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: February 27, 2006, 12:55:31 PM

None of which is important enought to warrant it's own thread and I dont feel like patronizing a spoiler site when I can abuse the gestalt mind here....

1. Guild level and status point gain
In order to open up the next row of guild bank slots, we have to get the guild to lvl 10.  We're currently at 8 (and about ~87% to 9 i think).  If my google skills didn't fail me, when you complete a writ quest, the guild gets 1/24th of whatever your personal status point gain was, so if you get 1200 (which seems to be what i am getting now), the guild gets .... 50.

Anyone know how many points you need to get to level 10?  That extrra space in the guild bank would be real useful, but considering the guild has 37000 status currently, im thinking hell will freeze over before we get there unless heritage quests give a boat load more status than writs.

2.  Personal status items - the ones that have a status point value listed in their price.  Does buying these actually reduce your status?  Or is it simply a "you must have this much status to buy" line?
And, are they any items actually worth getting this way?

3.  Access quest for Splitpaw.  When examining the shard, was I actually supposed to see some sort of vision picture somewhere on screen?  B/c I didn't.  Not a biggie since I know where to go but without external knowledge I would be wondering how to activate my adventure pack.

4.  What the hell is this Sky Essence i've been lugging everywhere since level 5?  No npc has responded on it thus far.

5.  Heritage quests; where do you get these from, the guild registrar in Qeynos or something?

6.  My previous exp question; does the ^^ or down vv arrows change the exp worth of a mob? What about Heroic status?

7.  Boxers or briefs?

I'm sure I'll think up more later.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 01:12:57 PM

2) The status reduction is for how much personal status you need to have (or gain each week) for certain apartments. Some require X amount of status per week in addition to your rent in gold, the status reduction stuff just reduces that.

4) The Sky Essences were drops from magical critters that you could give to the lead engineers on the wizard spires during the build up to the latest expansion. They are no longer needed, AFAIK, and no longer give xp when you have the quest.

5) Heritage quests give an assload of status from what I gather. I know one of them is started by killing a wisp in Commonlands and getting a burned out lightstone.

7) Boxers.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 02:00:26 PM

1) Writs get worth more each tier but heritage quest are where you get the good status points, they average about 40,000.
3) I saw the vision when I examined the shard, the centre of my screen went cloudy like in a flashback on TV and I saw a terraporter.  Maybe they took that out.
5) Super Linky of all Heritage Quests
6) Yes you get more xp for fighting harder mobs, you can get good mods that show the percent xp gained to one tenth of a percent.
7) Neither/both. NSFW?  They are elastic so they are snug but cover your thighs so they aren't snug in the wrong areas.

Edit: Maybe you only get the vision if you examine the shard while in TS.  Also I have a key for the locked wisp quest zone and cove of decay access for the mob Octogorgon, I will be getting access to the chamber of immortality for Varsoon.  I might also have a direct route to Lord Everling.  So you can skip those access quests if I'm around to let you in.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:11:36 PM by Miasma »
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 02:11:05 PM

1. Yes heritage quests give ungodly amounts of status. A writ will give roughly 1200 like you said vs. the lowest heritage I believe gives around 25,000 status. So, about 20 writs worth of status.

Epic mobs also give status. Contested (Epic mobs in non-instanced zones) give even more. Our guild hit level 46 recently by doing a number of raids as well as hitting a couple of the old-world contested mobs. I believe contested Vox gave us each around 20,000 status. So, 20,000 x 24 people in the raid... Starts to add up quickly. I belive the guild earned almost 4 levels in a night of fielding almost 2 full raid forces.

Your other option is the status items. Certain mobs like orcs in Zek drop a good number of these items. They range from 300 - 650 status for each one. Make sure everyone is selling these for status rather than cash and they'll start to add up as well.

2. Yes those items cost actual status. I just bought the spirit steed and before that had around 800,000 status. After the purchase I had 450ish. I can sell it back for about 75% of the purchase price in plat and status. 46% runspeed was worth it to me.

3. I'm pretty sure it will show an image if you right click and choose the right option. Can't remember exactly but it showed me the teleporter thingy.

4. Go ahead and destroy it now, that live event is over.

5. There are various quest starters throughout the world. Some are drops, some are NPCs. One of the keeps in Antonica has a guy named Hwal that will start one, another is from a guy on the dock's in Steppes. One drops from a named rat (Stilleto) in the steppes. Etc...

6. Yes, it's a sliding scale between VVV and ^^^. The tougher the mob the more exp it will give. You get an exp bonus from killing any grouped mobs or anything that is a no-arrow or higher. For example if you hunt the Bears near the entrance of Steppes the ^ bears give more exp than the no-arrow bears. They are also a decent bit harder to kill.

7. Boxer-briefs.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 02:22:51 PM

I like great big granny panties, myself.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 02:53:25 PM

HAWT.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:03:27 PM

1) We were just barely into guild level 8 the other day.  I completed 1 HQ which took us from about 4% into level to around 24 or 25% I think.  Then Miasma did a couple and brought us close to 75%.  So yeah, if we ever get around to getting a guild group together to do that one HQ I linked to in the latest Wed Night topic then we could probably get to lv. 10 easily.

2) There are some items that cost status, and some that cost status and also require you to be in a guild of certain level.  The best horses and flying carpets for example require you to be in a lv. 30 guild.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 04:44:41 PM

Were making decent ground on guild status, im playing lowbies but it adds  up. Oh and boxers and never look back

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 07:36:41 AM

We hit guild level 9 last night.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 07:55:45 AM

1) We were just barely into guild level 8 the other day.  I completed 1 HQ which took us from about 4% into level to around 24 or 25% I think.  Then Miasma did a couple and brought us close to 75%.  So yeah, if we ever get around to getting a guild group together to do that one HQ I linked to in the latest Wed Night topic then we could probably get to lv. 10 easily.

2) There are some items that cost status, and some that cost status and also require you to be in a guild of certain level.  The best horses and flying carpets for example require you to be in a lv. 30 guild.

Thanks to Vel and others, we hit GL 9 last night and are now ~10% of the way to level 10.  So turn in those relics, amulets, documents and scrying stones everyone, and do a writ or two.  

And oddly enough, I also stumbled on two Hertiage quest starters last night without even looking for them. One was the glowing blue stone I had from ages ago, the other was up at the Oracle tower.  

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 10:48:38 AM

I don't know how often you guys are all on together, but the Guild raids you get from Royal Accountant Fowler (QH by the SQ gate) can be fun and they now scale with level.

I have never played WoW.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 11:35:31 AM

I have been doing writs like a madman.  Completed 20 Sunday.  At guild level 10 we can look into setting up a guild house in both East Freeport and Qeynos Harbor.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 02:50:51 PM

Thanks to Vel and others, we hit GL 9 last night and are now ~10% of the way to level 10.  So turn in those relics, amulets, documents and scrying stones everyone, and do a writ or two.  

I helped, but really Miasma has been doing a lot of HQ's lately.  He's probably gotten us a few levels worth of xp alone.  There aren't a lot of HQ's at the lower level that can be done easliy in casual play time.  I still think we should get together and do the Dragoon one soon, as a full group doing an HQ would give us a nice boost.  There are some fairly quick HQ's later on though that would be easy once people get high enough levels to do them.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 02:55:25 PM

What writs/HQs are soloable?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 03:54:36 PM

Writs are always soloable, they just say kill x of y.

HQs are I guess theoretically soloable if you are high enough, just like any quest, though they often revolve around queuing hours for a rare spawn BECAUSE APPARENTLY SPAWN CAMP QUEUING OR RACING OTHER PLAYERS TO PULL A MOB THE VERY INSTANT IT BLINKS INTO EXISTENCE IS A HEROIC AND IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE. Fucking quest designers.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:57:17 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 04:44:43 PM

How can I tell if a quest is a Writ? I did some of those TS crabs last night and apparently that was a writ. Meanwhile, I have a few BB writs which are not soloable since they're all elite/boss/dubya dubya/uppity up/whatever mobs.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 05:16:13 PM

You can sort your quests by catagory, the writs go in the "City Tasks" section, or something like that.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 06:06:54 PM

The writs will also list status points among the rewards for completing.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 07:24:40 AM

Writs are always soloable, they just say kill x of y.

HQs are I guess theoretically soloable if you are high enough, just like any quest, though they often revolve around queuing hours for a rare spawn BECAUSE APPARENTLY SPAWN CAMP QUEUING OR RACING OTHER PLAYERS TO PULL A MOB THE VERY INSTANT IT BLINKS INTO EXISTENCE IS A HEROIC AND IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE. Fucking quest designers.

Yeah. I've been trying to find the Lightbringer Wisp for two days now and have come to the conclusion that bitch is a rare spawn. Rare spawns make me want to stab developers with my turgid cock, then pee on their corpses. It's the lazy man's way of gating content and pssies me off more than non-instanced dungeons.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 08:40:20 AM

Find someone with tracking - the wisp is a pain to spot. Like a total pain. It was 40 feet up in the air and impossible for me to spot even when I was on top of it.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 09:49:18 AM

I've gotten pretty lucky with spawns for the HQs, it isn't anywhere near as bad as the crap in eq1.  Usually you get either the named or its placeholder every six minutes.  Unfortunately the Lightbringer Wisp seems to be on a longer 30 minute timer, it moves fast too so you have to really run around to see if it's up.  That quest is also the most spawn dependant HQ I've seen if you include the access quest to bloodskull valley. It gives a rather bad impression of HQs in my opinion and since it's one of the first it might put a lot of people off.

I have resorted to giving up on a spawn maybe twice, I just camp out on top of its location and then log in for a few minutes in the morning to kill him.  I think I did that with General Vul in one of the towers for Lightbringer.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 09:59:40 AM

Find someone with tracking - the wisp is a pain to spot. Like a total pain. It was 40 feet up in the air and impossible for me to spot even when I was on top of it.

I have tracking.  :-D

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 11:08:37 AM

I have been doing writs like a madman.  Completed 20 Sunday.  At guild level 10 we can look into setting up a guild house in both East Freeport and Qeynos Harbor.

You don't count.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 12:08:04 PM

If a group of us take all the writs one of those NPC offers, since they are located in the same place, such as the Crypt of Betrayal, would we level the guild up quickly? 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 12:35:23 PM

If a group of us take all the writs one of those NPC offers, since they are located in the same place, such as the Crypt of Betrayal, would we level the guild up quickly? 

Yes.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 12:58:02 PM

My current writ is for grouped heroics, not solo friendly.   Especially not for a warden.  Which was part my motivation to make a necro.

I think we should continue to focus more on getting people into the same level ranges.  Once we do that, then it'll be easier to group together and we can focus on writs/hq.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Some general stuff...  
Jump to: