Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:22:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Who owns Splitpaw? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who owns Splitpaw?  (Read 11073 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: February 25, 2006, 06:08:38 AM

Who owns this adventure pack and would like to adventure as a group within it?

Just want to find out at this point. No particular thought in mind (ie, not to replace Wednesday nights nor to require anyone get it, *insert other usuals caveats here*)
Xilren's Twin

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 06:49:59 AM

Actually, I bought this earlier in the week.  I think it's like 8.95 or something if you buy it on its own, or if you upgrade your account to a full station pass, you get both adventure packs as a part of that too.  I just bought it straight out.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 07:06:31 AM

I do and I'd love to do more with it.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 07:24:01 AM

I have it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 07:40:15 AM

I do not.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 07:55:47 AM

I've got all the packs and expansions now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 12:26:47 PM by Velorath »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 08:19:19 AM

Master Blaster pwn borderto...er...splitpaw!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 08:59:00 AM

I would really like to get that damn darkened shard quest out of my book, at the end you have to do a raid on some epic gnoll encounter I think.  Maybe if I did that mentor down to 20 then unmentor I would be able to solo it, but I doubt it.

And just because I have answered this question so many times I'm going to write it out here:

• Before anything download and install eq2map.
  • If you don't have invis I would suggest buying a totem or something.
  • Buy Splitpaw.
  • Claim your shard from the claim system.
  • Examine the shard.
  • Once examined you get a quest and an image forms in front of you, it looks like a bunch of curved white talons sticking out of the ground with a bunch of blue crystals on them.
  • The quest is trying to tell you to use one of those gnollish terraporters in Thundering Steppes, the ones with Tesch Mal abductors around them.  There is one along the road that leads to the griffon area (the road from Antonica).
  • Double click on the terraporter and you will be sent to a zone called delving into the darkness.  This is where eq2map helps, you have to get to the bottom of the tunnel and find a large open chamber, inside of the chamber will be a column of rock with a chest sitting on top of it.  I suggest you invis down to this room as it makes it much faster.
  • What you need is the shard inside of that chest, however it is locked.
  • On the other side of the chest is a boss Gnoll (Tesch Val Fanatic) and a couple friends, you have to kill him to get the key.
  • To be safe you should clear out the room to get to him or else the wanderers and other groups could attack.  If you have trouble fighting him you might also want to clear out a tunnel so that you can kill his friends, run away to break the encounter, then come back just to face him alone.
  • Now you have to get to the chest, you do this by right clicking and moving/stacking the crates that are lying around (moving crates does not break invis).  Be sure not to move the crates too much or they break and can't be used anymore, just make some stairs and jump to the chest.
  • Open the chest and examine the shard.
  • You can now get into the upper tunnels located past the skin dancers near the Coldwind griffon station.  The door is at +171, +4.8, +1052.  The skindancers are all ^^^ aggro heroic mobs so invis or run quite fast.
  • You need to get through the upper tunnels to get to the the friendly gnolls, you use kegs to blow up some walls and boxes to get to the kegs.  You can move and use them by right clicking.  A good map of the area is here.  This step is easy with invis, even if you get lost a few times.  Just be careful not to place a keg too near a gnoll because it will damage them (same goes for you).
  • You are now in the friendly gnoll area called Splitpaw.
  • Once you do three quests to gain their trust you get a very good spell (at least the conjuror one is) and your shard will have the ability to port you right into Splitpaw, very handy to get to TS from Qeynos/Freeport.
  • The three quests I suggest are Champion's Arena, Flitch's Prank, and the Trial of Harclave.  All of these quests have different difficulties, you choose the difficulty when you click to zone in.  This can be very dangerous because the window is not sized properly to read all of the text and you might assume you are just choosing an instance like TS1 or TS2, be sure to expand the window so that you don't pick "extremely difficult".  The instance listed at the top is always the standard one.
  • The arena is straight forward, you just zone in, talk to the announcer and keep fighting increasingly difficult mobs until you face the champion.  I think he's been toned down a lot since the beginning, he now appears as a regular mob (no ^) which is one level higher than you are.  Actually one of the fights before him might be more difficult depending on your class (you fight three vv yellow cons).
  • Flitch's prank is kind of fun, you have to go through and clear out the gnolls in your way as you destroy supply crates. You destroy them by moving/detonating the kegs lying around.  If you can invis you can also use the kegs to injure the gnolls, just be sure to have at least twelve left over to destroy the crates.
  • So  clear out the first room of gnolls (no crates there) then go down a tunnel to the next room (When clearing the first room you might notice a ^^^ on a ledge at the end of it, there is a group area past that ledge full of heroic mobs, you can get there by moving crates.  If desperate you can also get kegs from in there solo if you have invis).
  • Now clear all of the next room except for the gnoll that wanders in from the next tunnel leading down, this is the only mob that respawns and if he does so while you're clearing the next room you could be in trouble, kill him once you are actually going to go to the next room.
  • Some of the crates are on ledges, that is what the boxes are for, make stairs.  In this room is also one wall that has large cracks in it and looks slightly different (on the right of where you came in), blow it up to find a crate inside.
  • Blow up all the other crates in the room.  Now head down to the final room and start clearing (in the small tunnel down you will see another cracked wall, there is another crate in there).  The only thing to note in this third room is that there will be one group of yellow con mobs guarding the final crate.
  • Once cleared destroy all the crates including the one on the centre column, that should be all ten.  By this time that patrolling mob will have respawned, kill him again.
  • On your way out there will be a yellow con ^ mob that spawns in the first room once all the crates are destroyed, you can kill him for fairly good loot.
[li]Trial of Harclave is great, the mobs aren't worth much xp but the quest is worth around 17% xp each level from 20-50 and by the time you get used to it it only takes about fifteen minutes.  Invis is also really nice here.[/li]
  • You get the quest by listening to Sachel the Storyteller, you will have to wait until he tells the Harclave story.
  • As soon as you zone in get the torch to your left and either invis or fight your way through.  Walk down and you will see a ledge, you need to move the plank so that you can jump across.  Be sure to be near the edge when placing planks or else it might show red meaning you can't put it there, you can it's just that you aren't close enough.
  • Jump over, turn around and pick the plank back up.  Move it near the next ledge which should have some mushroom mobs on the other side of the cliff.  There is another plank there too, pick it up and walk out onto the first plank to place it, the planks now go out far enough to jump to the other side but don't do that yet.
  • Walk back and light the two braziers, the click action is very finicky and it might seem like you can't do anything, just get very close and keep mousing over the logs until you can double click.
  • Now follow the path down to the next room, light the two braziers you see.  There is also a little alcove which has a ledge and a path leading up, take a box from there and walk around and up to the next room, place the box in front of the large ledge, you will be making more stairs.
  • Light the next two braziers in this room, as you light them take the box that is next to each and continue your stair building.  You probably need two more boxes, they are in this room but (at least for me) the graphics don't show up until you are right next to them, circle the room to find them, they should be near a gnoll.
  • Once your box stairs are complete climb up them and light the final two braziers.  Now the arc will glow, double click it.  If you are not invised a group of undead gnolls will pop and attack you.  You now have the Harclave buff, this gives you massive regen of both health and power allowing you to fight large groups ^ yellows, which is good because they appear and kill all the regular gnolls.  You don't get the same xp so fighting the yellows doesn't really do much, you can get chest drops though.
  • Now walk back to the first two braziers and jump across your double plank.  I kill the mushrooms here so that they don't aggro me on the next step, aim for the herbalists as they are healers.  Clear out the short tunnel in front of you, this can be interesting because there is another tunnel which empties into the next room and at least two groups will wander down, be sure to kill them.
  • Kill the group of mushrooms in front of the king mushroom then pull and kill the king mushroom, I pull them into the little tunnel so that if another mob wanders down from the higher tunnel it won't interfere.
  • The king mushroom gives you a chest and updates the quest.  Invis again and walk through to where the king was, past another group of mushrooms is a hole in the ground, it is a tunnel leading down, go through it.  This is the same room where you started the quest and got the key from the fanatic.
  • On a ledge (yes use more crates for another stairway) near where the chest was is the boss mob you have to kill, he is at least a yellow ^^ with two friends.  If you wedge yourself in behind his chair you don't need to worry about the wandering undead beneath you so I just go straight to him after killing the mushroom king.  Your tactics for killing him would vary by your class.  You don't get a quest update until he and his two friends are dead.  Loot his chest and double click on the throne to get a lot of xp and zone out.
[li]You have now earned the trust of the gnolls and can look forward to having the darkened shard quest stuck in your journal until you manage to find two groups willing to finish it.
[/li]
[/list]

Edit: Missed a part.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 12:32:16 PM by Miasma »
Xilren's Twin

Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 09:42:08 AM

I would really like to get that damn darkened shard quest out of my book, at the end you have to do a raid on some epic gnoll encounter I think.  Maybe if I did that mentor down to 20 then unmentor I would be able to solo it, but I doubt it.

And just because I have answered this question so many times I'm going to write it out here:

• Before anything download and install eq2map.
  • If you don't have invis I would suggest buying a totem or something.
  • Buy Splitpaw.
  • Claim your shard from the claim system.
  • Examine the shard.
Wow.  Thats comprehensive.
I assume you claim the shard the same way you claim a vetran reward?
It also sounds rather....convoluted just to get to the zone for the actual adventuring :)
Cool!

Xilren

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 11:51:03 AM

I have the recall shard already and the adventure pack and there's a chance I could be convinced to join up. However I start a new job monday that isn't exactly.....conducive to playing games from M-Thu.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 12:27:17 PM

I got it and haven't started yet.  Made 21 this morning :)  /golfclap
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 03:21:44 PM

I've got it.  I tried fighting my way to the lower tunnels last night but after 1.5 hrs I was about two-thirds of the way through.  Not happy Jan.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 04:35:44 PM

I have Splitpaw as well.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 05:31:36 AM

Well then, sounds like a group could be going there even now :)

I'll get it today or tomorrow. At least we won't need to worry about overcrowding :D
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 08:25:02 AM

I think Poptart and I will be getting it this week sometime.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 08:29:22 AM

If make we decide to do this as a group, i'll get it.

"Me am play gods"
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 10:04:54 AM

I would get it. I don't know if you all have enough people in the guild but Anvil Paw's Grotto is one of the better zones in game. It does take 12 people to do though. You may be able to get by with 10 (5 each group) on the easy level if you have a good split of classes (tank, healer & dps in each group).

The boss of that instance has a good chance at dropping a master chest and there is also some good class specific gear in there from non-boss drops.

There are some tricks to the zone so it may be best to have at least one person involved print out a spoiler to provide hints and help to everyone else as you progress through.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 10:40:39 AM

On the other side of the chest is a boss Gnoll (Tesch Val Fanatic) and a couple friends, you have to kill him to get the key.
That's where I'm stuck. Glad I didn't technically buy this content I've yet to actually experience.

I was over on LDL all weekend playing my Shadowknight, he's pretty uber (considering his crappy gear). He's almost 23 now. If only he had invis, I'd stick with him.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 05:51:40 PM

I try-ed hardglave and found it impossible, but mabee i suck it a possibility, still nothing like fun was even there, but i like groups

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 07:15:41 AM

I try-ed hardglave and found it impossible, but mabee i suck it a possibility, still nothing like fun was even there, but i like groups
My brain hurts.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 07:48:30 AM

I would get it.
Well, I have so much content I haven't explored.  I don't need anymore right now.  I'll save it for one of my alts unless the guild plans to do something with it.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 08:00:43 AM

Poptart and I have Splitpaw, Bloodline and the KOS expansions now. Where do we want to go today?  evil

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 10:36:15 AM

yeah I've messed around in there recently with some alts. Mages have a really easy time with it still. AE's really help and the buff is enough to regen most damage. Didn't have much of an issue rolling through with my wizard or conjuror. The conjuror you have to be careful though because if you're pet gets aggro he's toast since the buff does not apply to him.

My Guardian also had an easy time with it. My Warden did ok but it was very slow as priests just don't have the dps needed.

My ranger got totally owned... The buff just isn't enough to compensate for how fast and hard those mobs hit.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 01:16:26 PM

The bloodline expansion is one of the most enjoyable dungon romps I have had in a MMRPG. It is pretty much a must that you have a set group to go in with due to how the quests are done but if you do have a set group it is awsome. Big sense of accomplishment when you kill the end boss of the thing.

kaid
Xilren's Twin

Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 08:11:25 AM

• You can now get into the upper tunnels located past the skin dancers near the Coldwind griffon station.  The door is at +171, +4.8, +1052.  The skindancers are all ^^^ aggro heroic mobs so invis or run quite fast.
  • You need to get through the upper tunnels to get to the the friendly gnolls, you use kegs to blow up some walls and boxes to get to the kegs.  You can move and use them by right clicking.  A good map of the area is here.  This step is easy with invis, even if you get lost a few times.  Just be careful not to place a keg too near a gnoll because it will damage them (same goes for you).
  • You are now in the friendly gnoll area called Splitpaw.
  • Once you do three quests to gain their trust you get a very good spell (at least the conjuror one is) and your shard will have the ability to port you right into Splitpaw, very handy to get to TS from Qeynos/Freeport.

Little clarification please.  Since I dont have invis for myself, is the object of the upper tunnels simply to pass through them to the next zone line, or are the three quests actually both found and run within this one zone.  Seems to be full of lvl 27+ mobs which is making it tough to solo through.

Xilren

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 08:15:57 AM

Hmm, you're a mage class, thought all mages got single target invis.

"Me am play gods"
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 03, 2006, 08:19:08 AM

Little clarification please.  Since I dont have invis for myself, is the object of the upper tunnels simply to pass through them to the next zone line, or are the three quests actually both found and run within this one zone.  Seems to be full of lvl 27+ mobs which is making it tough to solo through.

Xilren

The main object is to just get through the upper tunnels. There are two quests within the zone but they are stand along quests and won't affect your faction with the splitpaw gnolls. The lower tunnels is a city-like zone where you will pick up a number of other quests that you will then complete in other instances off of lower tunnels.

Upper tunnels will always scale to your level (until 50). The easy level will consist of mobs that are your level or one level below you. All the mobs in the way will be solo based mobs, there are some heroics in the zone but if you encounter them then you are going the wrong way.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #27 on: March 03, 2006, 08:22:58 AM

Mine is listed for a single ally.  You mean to tell me that I can self cast this too?  Rofl.  That would have been useful like 10 levels ago

Owned by unclear documentation.  embarassed

Xilren
PS Thanks UD_Delt for the clarity

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 03, 2006, 08:34:10 AM

Mine is listed for a single ally.  You mean to tell me that I can self cast this too?  Rofl.  That would have been useful like 10 levels ago

Owned by unclear documentation.  embarassed

Xilren
PS Thanks UD_Delt for the clarity

I will give one hint on this as well in case you are a pet class...

Make sure you have yourself targeted and not your pet. I made that mistake twice before realizing that the mobs don't actually see invis I was just invising my pet rather than myself. I have no idea why the option is even there to just invis your pet as it's totally useless in PvE. I could see potential for trickery in PvP I guess.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 12:57:13 PM

I will give one hint on this as well in case you are a pet class...

Make sure you have yourself targeted and not your pet. I made that mistake twice before realizing that the mobs don't actually see invis I was just invising my pet rather than myself. I have no idea why the option is even there to just invis your pet as it's totally useless in PvE. I could see potential for trickery in PvP I guess.

Yep, Im a Conj, so i was extra careful.  Oddly, my first trip though the caves one of the floating black orb thingies spotted me through invis.  Second try was fine.  I still cannot freaking believe I wasn't using invis all this time.  /kicks-self

Just did the Gladiator Arena at lunchtime.  That was fun, and net's some interesting stuff as a result.

Xilren

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #30 on: March 03, 2006, 01:57:08 PM

I don't think anything sees through invis in splitpaw, it does run out after ten minutes.  Harvesting also breaks it.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #31 on: March 07, 2006, 07:52:36 AM

[
  • On a ledge (yes use more crates for another stairway) near where the chest was is the boss mob you have to kill, he is at least a yellow ^^ with two friends.  If you wedge yourself in behind his chair you don't need to worry about the wandering undead beneath you so I just go straight to him after killing the mushroom king.  Your tactics for killing him would vary by your class.  You don't get a quest update until he and his two friends are dead.  Loot his chest and double click on the throne to get a lot of xp and zone out.
[/list]
Trial of Harclave.  Damnit I was THIIIIIIIIISSS close to killing that last bastard this morning.  Now I've got to do this again.  I made a mistake tactically in that instead of leading with a pet attack to distract him so i could get my first spell off, i started casting my AOE first, but since the ledge is so small, I was right next to him so when invis dropped at the casting animation, he interrupted me before I got it off. Ugh.   Was still close though. (I was also using a fire pet to keep the aggro on me, which was fine up until the last boss; i think ill switch back to earth for him).

On a side note, i see what you mean about this taking 15 minutes if you have invis and know what you are doing.  I shudder to think how long it would take if you actually had to fight through ALL of those mobs.  Holy crap there are tons of them.  Not having played a fighter type yet, I can't believe that Spirit of Harclave buff would help that much against the sheer numbers unless melee types get several AOE type abilities too.

Xilren

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #32 on: March 07, 2006, 01:13:17 PM

I always use the fire pet to wear down his buddies while I focus on him.  They hit too hard for the earth pet to handle, it would go down in seconds and then you are there alone, never good for a pet class.  Stand slightly behind the chair and cast your fastest AoE like the earthquake line, then cast the falling rocks spell, then the group cold spell ( I forget what they are called at your level ).  Then the aggro will be squarely on you the whole fight and you can start your HOs casting.  Also be sure to flame shield/seed yourself, not your pet.  I also have gnoll masters strike which is fantastic.  Use the earthquake as much as possible because it knocks them down and stops them from pounding on you.

It gets easier as you level because his being a couple of levels higher doesn't mean as much, when I first did him I think he might have been orange, that was really hard.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #33 on: March 07, 2006, 02:44:48 PM

I always use the fire pet to wear down his buddies while I focus on him.  They hit too hard for the earth pet to handle, it would go down in seconds and then you are there alone, never good for a pet class.  Stand slightly behind the chair and cast your fastest AoE like the earthquake line, then cast the falling rocks spell, then the group cold spell ( I forget what they are called at your level ).  Then the aggro will be squarely on you the whole fight and you can start your HOs casting.  Also be sure to flame shield/seed yourself, not your pet.  I also have gnoll masters strike which is fantastic.  Use the earthquake as much as possible because it knocks them down and stops them from pounding on you.

It gets easier as you level because his being a couple of levels higher doesn't mean as much, when I first did him I think he might have been orange, that was really hard.

Yeah, he was 31 and I was 28 this morning.  Almost got the rat bastard too.  I usually open with the Falling rocks due to the non aggro part, then earthquake, cold, and the fishies so losing that opening 500+ dam and setup time really made the difference.   I was kicking myself for going too fast.

Was going to try it again at lunch but there some what, 8 hour lockout timer on it?  So, i made 29 instead and will try again tonight/tomorrow. Lockout for instanced areas are somewhat non sensical to me.  If you want to prevent farming, just only make it doable a set number of times and that be the end of it.

Xilren

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 10:41:30 AM

The reason for the lockout on Harclaves is that the quest once you complete it gives from 5%xp (at 60+) to roughly 20%xp at level 20. Once you get it down it only takes about 15-20 minutes to finish the entire zone. If they let you repeat it as much as you wanted it would make leveling extremely trivial. As it is you can only do it once per 8 hours and once per level.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Who owns Splitpaw?  
Jump to: