Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:44:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Help, im stuck on a boat mini zone? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help, im stuck on a boat mini zone?  (Read 3844 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: February 24, 2006, 01:45:20 PM

Was finishing up the 999 year old bottle of port quest today at lunch, and after I gave the gnome his stuff, he asked me if I was ready to go to the boat (Salty something or another).  I said yes, and promptly got zoned to a boat.  The skipper gave me a quest to get the boat ready to sail, and do to so I have to basically help 3 crewmembers complete their tasks, which are basically logic puzzles. 

Thats fine and all, but it appears this boat will take me to other islands/continents and I hadn't planned on going, yet there doesnt appear to be any triggers to zone back to Antonica.

Any know what the heck Im talking about before I start hitting spoiler sites?

Xilren
PS I know I could "Call of Qeynos" off, but that would stick me clear on the other side of the continent in lagopolis.  Trying to avoid that.

PPS Is the exp a mob grants based only on level, or do the up and down arrows also change the reward? (i.e. is a ^^^ lvl 16 mob or Heroic lvl 16 mob worth more than a lvl 17?)

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 02:02:41 PM

I just CoQ'd out. Need to go back and do that at some point.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 02:08:31 PM

I just CoQ'd out. Need to go back and do that at some point.

Well, i spolier sited it and actually, it sounds like a good thing.  It's not a regular travel boat.

The boat, Smarmy Sprocket, apparently takes you to an instanced zone called "Grimagadgets Prison" in the lvl 21-25 range.

I may see if we can throw a group through here tonight if people are interested.

Xilren

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 02:11:16 PM

That sounds cool. I'll be on tonight at some point-ish, and would be interested in joining up!
Xilren's Twin

Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 02:12:58 PM

Well, i spolier sited it and actually, it sounds like a good thing.  It's not a regular travel boat.

The boat, Smarmy Sprocket, apparently takes you to an instanced zone called "Admiral Grimagadgets Prison" in the lvl 21-25 range.

I attempted this again solo now that Im lvl 26, and it's a neat little zone with ~3 quests in it.  Reminds me of Shattered Vale sizewise.  You have to fight your way into a small prison that the inmates have overtaken.  The mobs are generally 21-24th level, but they come in groups of like 2-6 and some groups are close enough together you could pickup 8-10 mobs if you're not careful.  Thank heavens for AOE spells.  I have no idea how people solo without them in this game smiley

I messed up the first time (didnt floor sweep to find a key) so I am going to try it again tonight.  The items choice from the main quests are pretty good.  You basically can pick a +3STR/+3AGI +resists sash, or a +3INT/+3AGI +resists banadana, AND you can pick one of 4 weapons, an epee, harpoon, warhammer or staff.  The staff would be an upgrade to what i've got now (10-30, 17.3 rating, +5INT +2AGI +10Helath +10Power).  Plus, if it's like the Shattered Vale, the main parts repeatable (not the quest, but mob hunting and named mobs).

Course, the access quest, 999 year old Port, is a run clear across Antonica and back, but still, I like the mini zones.

Xilren

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 02:18:33 PM

Another zone with an access quest is Valley of the Rogue Magi, which is a decent zone with good loot and an easy access quest.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 02:30:39 PM

Another zone with an access quest is Valley of the Rogue Magi, which is a decent zone with good loot and an easy access quest.

I really need to get over the Commonlands sooner or later.  It's the long distance banking thats a pita.  Course, I wonder if a qeynosian can get those quests anyway.

Xilren

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 02:35:37 PM

Kingdom of Sky shortcut is luv.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 04:05:25 PM

First off, betray that backward excuse for a city you call home and join freeport.

Then CotO is a takes you to a nearby shining bastion of progress and forward thinking just minutes away from the commonlands, and within easy flying distance of the majesty of nek forest.

Seriously, unless you really must play a good class, or actively seek out pick up groups full of morons, the evil side is better in every respect. In particular CL > Ant, and Fallen Gate > Stormhold. The quests are better throughout. Also the art and deisgn of FP is generally less irritating and there are no "humorous" accents shouting the same damn line at you every single time you pass them.

I have no idea how you people put up with Qeynos.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 04:23:51 PM

First off, betray that backward excuse for a city you call home and join freeport.

Then CotO is a takes you to a nearby shining bastion of progress and forward thinking just minutes away from the commonlands, and within easy flying distance of the majesty of nek forest.

Seriously, unless you really must play a good class, or actively seek out pick up groups full of morons, the evil side is better in every respect. In particular CL > Ant, and Fallen Gate > Stormhold. The quests are better throughout. Also the art and deisgn of FP is generally less irritating and there are no "humorous" accents shouting the same damn line at you every single time you pass them.

I have no idea how you people put up with Qeynos.

Because I'd rather put up with stupid accents than random useless NPCs spitting on me or telling me what scum I am when I can't kill them for their impudence. FP isn't evil, it's just petty and stupid.

Any other questions?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 04:48:18 PM

My one tie to RP here is that I've never even seen Freeport, much less contemplated betraying to support it. Sorry, I see a guy chanting nonsense and being all translucent on top of his tower, I'm high-tailing it the other way. ;)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 01:17:15 AM

Because I'd rather put up with stupid accents than random useless NPCs spitting on me or telling me what scum I am when I can't kill them for their impudence. FP isn't evil, it's just petty and stupid.

Any other questions?

Almost nobody in FP really does this unless you actually talk to them for a quest or something. The writing is so abominably poor on both sides I tend to want as little interaction as possible with npcs. At least in FP they don't whine on in the background when you just want to check the damn broker.

One downside I would say FP has is that since the quests are theoretically 'evil' the lack of multiple paths through any given quest (for example picking which faction to support or whether to do a quest for lightside/darkside points (or something)) is much more glaringly obvious.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 08:04:05 AM

To that point, I haven't seen much choice in Qeynos either, except the obvious Do or Do Not :)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 09:04:33 AM

What can I say, There is no try...  evil

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Help, im stuck on a boat mini zone?  
Jump to: