Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:53:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Assassin Pet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Assassin Pet  (Read 6332 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: February 24, 2006, 12:40:27 PM

So, I hit level 20 the other night, and I apparently get a rat companion. A pet! YAY! I bought him and named him Squeakers.

But he doesn't attack anything. And half the buttons on his little hotbar do fuckall. I click and click, and they do nothing. Is the assassin pet supposed to be just decorative, or can he actually fight?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 12:41:38 PM

Maybe he's not a rat, but a gerbil.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 12:57:17 PM

From a careless search of the EQ2 forums, yes he is a pet, yes he is useless and yes he can't attack a goddamn thing. It would have been nice to know that before I spent the silver on it. Something informative like "Summons a complete pussy hippy rat to laugh at your still twitching corpse as you get gangraped by Heroic ^^ mobs again."

You know, for customer service and what not.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 12:59:47 PM

They have these useless pets in WoW.  Perhaps you can sell it to a Queynosian for ph4t l3wtz; that's what people do with kittens and cockroaches in Kalimdor.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 01:08:16 PM

Yeah, rangers get a supposed "hunting hawk" that does fuckall but poop on your stil twitching corpse. I feel your pain.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 01:13:32 PM

Oh quit your bitching.  I'll trade you that rat or hawk pet for "Illusion: Half Elf".
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 01:20:27 PM

Not everything needs a use. Stop being such a pellet seeker and enjoy the ride a bit.

I got a kittycat and named it after our library cat. Not to be confused with Ninja Claw over there <----
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 01:49:18 PM

Monks get the cool-ass kata animation.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 02:00:46 PM

I got a floating book that adds Crit damage (or does it reduce casting time?). It is part of my AAXP. Apparently I can also summon a dragonling and something else too. All of this is based on the weapon I'm holding when I do the summon. And all do something different (+Crit, -Cast time, -Refresh time, +Resist). Finally, and I have to test this, but I think it can attack things (though the power of a floating book is arguable).

Pretty cool actually, even if I'm not the biggest fan of the AAXP lines that follow.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 02:32:10 PM

I have a uh, mushroom pet that kinda shits out spore gas when he's bored.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 07:45:28 PM

I have no problem with it BEING useless. I have a problem with not being TOLD that it's useless before I buy it.

But there are really a lot of things in EQ2 that could use a better explanation. Maybe they wouldn't be if I RTFM, but I don't RTFM unless forced to.

schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 08:23:43 PM

MMORPGs are the only thing I read the manual for, ironically that didn't help with the original SW:G as both the manual and strategy guide were....shit.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 08:30:36 PM

Sauced has one of those too. I love it.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 04:27:02 AM

MMORPGs are the only thing I read the manual for, ironically that didn't help with the original SW:G as both the manual and strategy guide were....shit.
Heh, for some reason I thought RTFM meant reading Forums :)

Otherwise, yea, like WoW, EQ2 is inconsistently informative.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 05:45:42 PM

Sauced has one of those too. I love it.

That's disgusting.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 01:38:56 AM

"Summons a complete pussy hippy rat to laugh at your still twitching corpse as you get gangraped by Heroic ^^ mobs again."

Funny thing, but that turned out to the shaman first acheivement skill. Ho hum tongue

But on the subject of the fluff skills in general, it is a shame that they didn't manage to think of enough cool fluff skills to go around. Many people get stiffed with a crappy illusion or random particle effect.

Brigand clobber (knockdown target irritating group member) and defiler 'make annoying group member vomit' > all.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 07:53:50 AM

The first achievement skill I took was Domination, a buff that has a chance to drop a damage proc on things when I'm fighting them. The buff has a 3 minute duration, and a longer recast time, meaning I hardly ever use it because I just fucking forget. It's pretty worthless.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 09:52:18 AM

The first conjuror achievement is possess minion.  For thirty seconds I can take direct control of my pet and annoy people by slithering up and emoting to them, that's about all it's good for.

"Stopgap's Aery Stalker Dances with you!"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 10:45:29 AM

The first achievement skill I took was Domination, a buff that has a chance to drop a damage proc on things when I'm fighting them. The buff has a 3 minute duration, and a longer recast time, meaning I hardly ever use it because I just fucking forget. It's pretty worthless.
I don't know what this dev team is thinking. They definitely need better tooltips! With every single character, I've flubbed the racial trait type of skills because I was thinking something was a passive buff and it turns out to be some 45 second buff on a thirty minute timer that I promptly never use again.

I was FUCKING PISSED with my shadowknight, because I'm thinking 'well, maybe I get an invis later...I do have FD anyway...' and didn't take a racial hide, figuring a better health regen would be worth it (and I'm Iksar..). Then I find out it's basically useless. Thanks. I comfort myself by rationalizing that the fucking hide skill would probably be useless as hell, too.
defiler 'make annoying group member vomit' > all.
I got a quest clipper that lets me snip hair from Kerrans. They do a little threatening emote. Here, kitty kitty...
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 11:42:15 AM

I comfort myself by rationalizing that the fucking hide skill would probably be useless as hell, too.

You can't move when hidden using hide. So...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Assassin Pet  
Jump to: