Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Magic Workstation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magic Workstation  (Read 2756 times)
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

on: February 23, 2006, 06:03:33 PM

I don't mean to piss anyone off by mentioning this here and I'm sorry if it's the wrong place but I'm just wondering if anyone here has heard of or uses the magic workstation?
It's a free to download program that lets you play M:tG over the internet.
Has all the cards from Alpha to now, can make as many decks as you like and can check legality of them.
Loads of cool features and lets poor people like me play with people all over the world.

Again, sorry if this is inappropriate.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 07:00:15 PM

I don't mean to piss anyone off by mentioning this here and I'm sorry if it's the wrong place but I'm just wondering if anyone here has heard of or uses the magic workstation?
Has all the cards from Alpha to now, can make as many decks as you like and can check legality of them.
Loads of cool features and lets poor people like me play with people all over the world.

OMG KILL HIM. 
Nah, stuff like this is fine. People should know about alternatives to MTGO.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 01:57:20 PM

I assume this is like the old Apprentice program?  Just a way to play, but no art, rules enforcement or much beyond a playfield and cards with rules text?

Xilren
PS Mole!

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 02:59:15 PM

I like the workstation more than apprentice because there are a few more features that make playing easier.
It has a divided playing field, phase buttons, manual mana counters, you can download art packages so that the cards have pictures, the deck editor has quite alot of the errata for any given card, ways to make text documents with your deck list. There are probably more things but I can't remember all of the differences.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Magic Workstation  
Jump to: