Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: PVP servers anyone? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PVP servers anyone?  (Read 3899 times)
sarius
Terracotta Army

on: February 21, 2006, 09:09:40 AM

Just wondered if anyone was planning on moves to the new PVP servers?  If so, which server/side?

Looks like my guild chose Nagafen/Freeport.

It's always our desire to control that leads to injustice and inequity. -- Mary Gordon
“Call it amnesty, call it a banana if you want to, but it’s earned citizenship.” -- John McCain (still learning English apparently)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 11:35:12 AM

No.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 11:42:50 AM

I wanted to give the pvp servers a try until I made a brief stop here

If I want to PvP, I think I'll stick with Planetside, DAoC, or an FPS.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 12:51:11 PM

My life isn't equipped for RPG-based PvP. I've had to accept this, and since learning it in Shadowbane, I've generally avoided it. I can't play at that level.

So it's good I like PvE :)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 01:12:22 PM

I am looking for fair competion in my PvP and I see nothing in the pvp rules to think this wil have it.

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 01:15:54 PM

I am looking for fair competion in my PvP and I see nothing in the pvp rules to think this wil have it.

It's totally fair... if you have a large guild with dedicated crafters and lots of people that play 24/7.

Standard mmog pvp.  Too much CC, unbalanced classes, and too strongly tilted toward the catasses.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 01:40:01 PM

I considered it, but the thought of having to level again just doesn't thrill me. I'm very much a "one or two shots at content and I'm done" kind of guy.

sarius
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 02:00:19 PM

I considered it, but the thought of having to level again just doesn't thrill me. I'm very much a "one or two shots at content and I'm done" kind of guy.

Well, I'll admit that I can get into a groove and grind more than most at times, but I'm a lightweight compared to many I know of that ilk.  Either way, we will have a guild going there, and I will be a provisioner to boot, so feel free to PM if you need/want a group to join for indiscriminate amounts of time without dedicating your play to it.

It's always our desire to control that leads to injustice and inequity. -- Mary Gordon
“Call it amnesty, call it a banana if you want to, but it’s earned citizenship.” -- John McCain (still learning English apparently)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 02:05:28 PM

All of my negative rants aside, it is decent of you to offer.

I'd like to hear your impressions of the server after a week or so.

-  Mark Twain
sarius
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 02:40:49 PM

All of my negative rants aside, it is decent of you to offer.

I'd like to hear your impressions of the server after a week or so.

Will do.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 04:18:23 PM

You can write a review and get a blue name!  Woo hoo for blue!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 10:33:04 PM

I wanted to give the pvp servers a try until I made a brief stop here

If I want to PvP, I think I'll stick with Planetside, DAoC, or an FPS.

The first topic I read on that board just now had a post from Geldon on it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 06:29:41 AM

Awww... I miss Geldon.  Well, actually I bump into here and there.  He's a good boy.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 06:47:58 AM

Awww... I miss Geldon.  Well, actually I bump into here and there.  He's a good boy.

You could always invite him to play on Oasis.  We're much nicer in-game than we are here.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 06:58:51 AM

You can write a review and get a blue name!  Woo hoo for blue!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 12:22:08 PM

Necromantic sexploitation!

The parser app he was running looks pretty nifty, I gotta admit.
sarius
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 08:41:55 AM

Well week one.

We started day one of the PVP server getting about 20 people to level 10 and starting the guild.  It was really fun watching the fast grinders come into Freeport's outer areas and PVP.  This pretty much ate up the whole Tuesday night, though.

Wednesday and Thursday the lag was so bad that the majority of us could play on the server.  I have a business-class cable connection, and have never had a problem with pings over 60ms to EQ2 servers before.  I was getting pings of 6,000ms to 9,000ms to the PVP server both days.  Pretty much wrapped up anything happening.

Friday and Saturday a good portion of us reverted to the PVE servers for double-XP weekend.  My wizard reached 34 and we finished the Epic "Return of the Light" quest.  Took 2 full groups to accomplish this, and a lot of drudge.

Sunday, back to PVP.  The lag on Nagafen was still there, but nowhere near previous amounts.  I spent the whole day doing tradeskills resource collection, the Ruins, and the Graveyard.  The height of the day was making level 12 and literally getting one-shot by a level 20 as I levelled up.  He then proceeded to clone camp me another 5 kills until the immunity meter finally worked.  I'm sure in the 25+ arena and beond the 8 levels of PVP eligibility won't mean as much, but the disparity between level 20 and 12 is enormous.  PVP is largely just another roadblock in levelling right now.  I don't think my Wizard will be able to compete until I hit about 18 due to mitigation and lack of big nukes.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: PVP servers anyone?  
Jump to: