Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Prices of TV shows on DVD 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prices of TV shows on DVD  (Read 8912 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: June 02, 2004, 10:17:26 AM

Am I wrong? Sorry, I've seen the first three seasons, they are neither subtle nor dry. They are a string of badly connected sex jokes with a masturbatory joke throne in for good measure every 4 or 5 minutes. The actors were not what I'd call stellar (let's compare their performance to Chandler of Friends), in fact, they weren't better than pretty much any other dramedy. It was just another tv show. The reason America is obsessed with it is A. it's foreign and B. it's more open about sex than many shows in america.

That doesn't make it good.

Oh, and have the audacity to compare it to Monty Python and Black Adder makes my balls shrink to the size of raisins. Those 2 shows are masterpieces. Coupling is not. Comparing it to them makes you look like a pop culture jackass.
WayAbvPar

Reply #36 on: June 02, 2004, 10:45:07 AM

While I wouldn't go as far as comparing to some GREAT shows (Black Adder and Red Dwarf in particular), I think Coupling is pretty damned funny. The deadpan delivery of some of the lines is what gets me I think. It light, cheery, titillating, and entertaining. Worth a Season Pass on my TiVo, and probably worth picking up the DVDs so I can share it with other people who don't get BBC America (or haven't caught it yet).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Prices of TV shows on DVD  
Jump to: