Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Sooo... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sooo...  (Read 1835 times)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

on: February 15, 2006, 07:32:05 AM

I just reactivated my trial account and have a simple question I don't want to slog through the tutorial to find out the answer to: If I want to send an item or money to a specific player, how does that work? Do they need to be online and in the same system or whatever? Or is it like WoW with the mail system? Can I wire money directly to their wallet?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 07:33:27 AM

I just reactivated my trial account and have a simple question I don't want to slog through the tutorial to find out the answer to: If I want to send an item or money to a specific player, how does that work? Do they need to be online and in the same system or whatever? Or is it like WoW with the mail system? Can I wire money directly to their wallet?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide.

Hal wired me money with no interaction on my part, so that answers that question.  No idea if they have to be online or not, wasn't an issue for me as the trial accounts can't send money to people.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 07:36:17 AM

Money can be wired to anyone, anywhere, at any time.

Items are a bit trickier. You can trade if you're both online in the same station. You can escrow the item, which basically leaves it for the person to come pick up. If you're in the same corp and have permission, you can put the item directly into their hanger at any station. Either way, they have to physically get it themselves somehow.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:01:17 AM

Or you can jettison the item into space and let the other guy pick it up.  This is about as safe as dropping items on the ground in EQ, but if someone does take your stuff you get free hits.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 12:03:18 PM

In People and Places, do a search for the player. When you find them, right click on them and "send money".

For items, you can escrow them to someone specific with no cost to pick up. It's in the mission tab at a station. They will have to come to the station to pick up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Sooo...  
Jump to: