Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:26:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Grouping Level Ranges 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grouping Level Ranges  (Read 2578 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: February 13, 2006, 04:43:31 PM

This topic came up during our Blackburrow group early last week, the inspiration for me starting discussions about DKPs and loot lists and weekly player tithing  evil

What are the level ranges for valid groups to get XP?

In EQ1, iirc, the player with the highest level in the group could not equal nor exceed 50% as high as the lowest level in the group. For example, if the lowest level is 14, the then the highest level player had to be level 23 for everyone to get XP. There was some fuzziness in the early levels.

Is that the case in EQ2?

In the BB group, we ended up needing a "bridge" character, someone the lowest level (me, at the time) could group with and gain XP and therefore the player to which the highest levels mentored. It worked. But it was a bit of guesswork.

So, is there a formula?
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 08:14:46 PM

I think the level difference is the higher of 6 and 25% of highest level.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 06:06:34 AM

That sounds about right. At 39 I could group and get exp with a 49.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 07:35:33 PM

Please excuse the travel-weary mind of mine, but I need clarification. Is that ((my level)+6) < ((highest level)*.25)?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 09:19:38 PM

Please excuse the travel-weary mind of mine, but I need clarification. Is that ((my level)+6) < ((highest level)*.25)?

More then 9 levels equals bad.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 05:36:48 AM

Edit: Deleted question. Nevermind. Found it

Quote from: Some wierd SeMiCaPsNaMe at the EQ2 forums
To determine if person A can group with person B where person B will get credit/xp etc. assuming person A is higher in level, the formula is:

Divide person A by 4 then minus that value from person A. If that value is lower or equal to person B's level, then person B will get credit/xp with person A.

For example, with a lvl 48 person, divide that by 4 then minus it from 48 you will get 48-48/4=36. So a lvl 36 person will get credit with a 48, a lvl 35 will not. Or with a lvl 50 person, 50-50/4=37.5. Now a lvl 38 can group with a 50 and get credit etc, I am not sure if a lvl 37.5 can also but you get the general picture and formula. Likewise a lvl 45 can get credit etc with a lvl 60 using the formula and it has proven to be true.

So: (Max Level)-((Max Level)/4)=(Minimum Grouping Level)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 05:40:24 AM by Darniaq »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 05:46:06 AM

So: (Max Level)-((Max Level)/4)=(Minimum Grouping Level)

There is probably a floor and/or ceiling function in there somewhere.

Floor[(Max Level)]-Ceiling[((Max Level)/4)]=(Minimum Grouping Level)

Should be easy to figure out from a few tests.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Grouping Level Ranges  
Jump to: