Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:08:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Kingdom of Sky vs Adventure Packs? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kingdom of Sky vs Adventure Packs?  (Read 2543 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: February 12, 2006, 06:30:31 AM

So, anyone own and been to the content in the Adventure Packs? I ask because I'm thinking of buying Kingdom of Sky because of the AAXP system (which sounds more like WoW Talent Points, one per new level, than EQ1 AAXP). I'll be 20-ish by the time KoS goes live.

But there's also the two adventure packs to consider, which together would be about $10.

Anyone been to them? Anyone even own them?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 07:04:08 AM

I pretty much have everything, I think, but I don't know what they do, exactly.  I'm only level 23 and, to be honest, I've not played that much.  I know I'm supposed to be able to walk up walls now, but I don't know where or how.  I suppose I could go read up on this stuff... or I could just hang out here and wibble inane nonsense at you.

Edited to change the word "insane" to "inane".  It was my Fraudian slip showing.   embarassed
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 07:10:11 AM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 08:18:16 AM

My advice would be to get the station access pass for a month.  You'll get both adventure packs for free for less cost than buying them.  Splitpaw is fairly decent and it scales to your level, so I think it's good for the lower 20's to the 50's or something.  After the first part of the adventure, you go to the Splitpaw Den which has a couple solo, and a few Heroic instances.  After completing 3 of these, you'll get access to a raid zone or something I think.  The main problem I had with Splitpaw is that the solo parts aren't well balanced to allow all classes to do them.  If you don't have a good solo class, you'll need to be twinked out to do some of the content.

The other adventure pack I think is for the mid 30's or something so I haven't tried it.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 10:38:11 AM

Ok cool. When I get well into my 20s, I'll do that.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 02:13:57 PM

Just a warning, if you sign up for Station Pass to get access to the adventure packs you will lose the adventure packs when you turn off Station Pass. SOE apparently isn't as stupid as we sometimes think. I am speaking from direct experience here. I lost access to Bloodlines after doing about half the quest series.

I have never played WoW.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 02:03:59 PM

I pretty much have everything, I think, but I don't know what they do, exactly.  I'm only level 23 and, to be honest, I've not played that much.  I know I'm supposed to be able to walk up walls now, but I don't know where or how.  I suppose I could go read up on this stuff... or I could just hang out here and wibble inane nonsense at you.

Edited to change the word "insane" to "inane".  It was my Fraudian slip showing.   embarassed

I believe the wall climbing only applies to areas of the world in the Desert of Flames expansion. I tested this out with Wikybiky. In the Sinking Sands, just away from the docks to the left (Caiman Oasis or something like that) there is a cliff that looks like it has vertical wear marks on it. You can climb up that. I am sure there are other areas, but I was pretty low level to be running around those zones so... Made it into many places I probably shouldn't have, but it was a fun adventure. Oh, and the climbing was neat, but I'd like to see it available in more areas of the world.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 04:47:24 PM

Thanks for info.  I figured it was something like that but I'm still low level, although I just got invis and can make it to more places where I can't kill anything now.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Kingdom of Sky vs Adventure Packs?  
Jump to: