Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Hiring merc Security? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hiring merc Security?  (Read 3013 times)
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

on: February 11, 2006, 01:55:03 PM

I'm getting rather annoyed by the pirate corp that we seem to be going up against.   I'd like to force them into NAP or at least get them to back off.  I'm thinking we hire a merc corp to take em out.  Thoughts?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 04:02:15 PM

I haven't personally run into the corp that has been hitting us, but I have been filled in.

Gimpy/Ca'adwin has already tried brokering a NAP directly - they demanded 200m I believe. Fuck that.

From the looks of it, they have about 30 members (unknown how many are active, or the degree of their activity). Unless they can call in other corps to assist them, I'm thinking that sending in a mercenary force would be a much better choice. For a corp of their size, any kind of protracted conflict could be devastating to (what I am assuming is) their limited resources as a small corp.

In essence, they're like vultures, looking for the easy money. Smacking them around with the help of a merc force would let them know we mean business and will not take their attacks lying down. After losing a couple expensive ships, I imagine they will simply cut their losses and back off.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 04:27:56 PM

KorAzor is a fairly peaceful place I'm pretty sure it would be no problem to talk with most of the other corps in the area and drum up a posse next time we locate any of them.  Nobody I have talked to thinks very highly of them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 09:02:47 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 04:36:37 PM

What do they fly and where are they?  Azri?
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 04:52:11 PM

I'd rather not say who it was in a public forum :)

we don't have the manpower/weaponery to fight a war I think.  I'd rather havesomeone else do it.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 05:03:10 PM

Send me a PM or evemail then (Chrome Coyote). 

I doubt we have the money to pay mercs. 
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 05:08:55 PM

I never seem to see these folks online when I play.. maybe you just need to play earlier in the day.  rolleyes

- Viin
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 05:10:11 PM

there you are boss!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 06:01:26 PM

Damn it I'm out of town this weekend...

Trying to live vicariously through the forums, somebody send a corp evemail so I know whats going on when I get back and who to watch for.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 10:45:17 PM

I'd also like to second a request for a corp-wide eve-mail briefing on what the problem is.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 10:40:05 AM

I don't think hiring help is necessary yet. However, we should strongly consider putting together a fighting group if/when any of them show up in any low sec system, regardless of their actions. If that spurs further action from them that we don't think we can handle, then we could consider hiring help. As mentioned above, I think there are enough peaceful minded folks in the region that we could all band together to keep them at bay.

It is also a good way for us to learn the ropes of PvP. Keep your insurance and your clones up to date, and try to keep some sort of combat ship in the Arzi station to switch into if it comes down to a scrap. I am kind of looking forward to it, actually.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 10:53:09 AM

If somebody can get a corp mail out of what ships we have seen "them" flying we can make more educated choices when it comes with what ship setups to keep on standby, I will be doing boring semi-afk stuff tonight (if I even get on, have some plans) and probably tomarrow.

But I'll make sure to get a t1 frigate tackle setup, as well as a 'stower and my proph all in-system by Thursday at the latest.

-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 11:05:10 AM

I think there was a corp mail sent out with the name of the corp involved. They have also been set at negative standing with our corp, so their ships are specially marked in the Overview.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 02:43:58 PM

For those who aren't familiar with the standing system...

By default, anyone who has a standing with you/your corp of -5 or below will have a little red box with a '-' symbol in it attached to their HUD indicator (the little box you see that indicates another player). This usually means shoot to kill, if you're in a lowsec system. On the other side, there's people who have a standing of +5 or higher, and they will have a blue box with a '+' symbol in it. Do not shoot them; if you get shot at by someone with a blue square, run away and send a corpmail with their exact name and corp, since they just violated a treaty.

This is why you'll occasionally see us talking about 'blues', 'getting blue', and other bizarre terms involving the colors blue and red on the F13 corp channel; it's condensed diplomatic talk.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 05:15:37 PM

Yes learn to love the standing system, I have started setting people I dont trust or who I suspect are pirate alt's used for locating targets as -1.6 or somesuch so that they get a little orange square with a minus symbol and I immediately notice them if they warp anywhere near me.

-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Hiring merc Security?  
Jump to: