Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:40:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Guild Bank 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Bank  (Read 14991 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: February 09, 2006, 09:16:33 AM

The Guild Bank is full. I don't think that's a shocker :) But we're continually all gaining new stuff old and new characters could potentially use alike.

Would we want maybe Cheddar to create some bank alts to store specific things and somehow post a list here of what's available?

I realize this puts a lot on Cheddar, but I consider him the most likely common thread for BC. I would have no problem sending him every skill book I get, or those for which I don't list on the Bazaar. Most of them, obviously, are low level, but we've got people coming in anew and other folks rerolling, and probably won't hit guild level 10 anytime soon to double our guild bank capacity.

Thoughts?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 09:19:41 AM

The Guild Bank is full. I don't think that's a shocker :) But we're continually all gaining new stuff old and new characters could potentially use alike.

Would we want maybe Cheddar to create some bank alts to store specific things and somehow post a list here of what's available?

I realize this puts a lot on Cheddar, but I consider him the most likely common thread for BC. I would have no problem sending him every skill book I get, or those for which I don't list on the Bazaar. Most of them, obviously, are low level, but we've got people coming in anew and other folks rerolling, and probably won't hit guild level 10 anytime soon to double our guild bank capacity.

Thoughts?

This is a possibility;  I honestly do not use my normal bank except to put some spare coin inside in case of an emergeny.  I would need some people to donate boxes that are 24+ to make this happen though, and they are not cheap!  Let me see what is going on with Olub first... I really want to get some guild housing going at some point.  Hopefully the servers will be up by tonight (not holding my breath on that one).

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 09:30:34 AM

Oh, duh, forgot about housing.

I have no idea how costly 24+ boxes are, but we can always scale into that if they're prohibitive. Even 12 slots (including the four shared) with 12-slot pouches would be enough to get us started in the immediate term.

I'll gladly donate whatever it takes. I'm purposely playing EQ2 from the pure quest standpoint, much as I did WoW. I am only concerned with skill upgrades but leave equipment to what I get from questing. So the only cash I need is the occasional Adept book, and I don't really need to have all skills at that either for awhile yet. I'm not going to overspend on stuff I know I'll outgrow in a level or two when I'm still averaging one or two levels a night.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 09:35:13 AM

Oh, duh, forgot about housing.

I have no idea how costly 24+ boxes are, but we can always scale into that if they're prohibitive. Even 12 slots (including the four shared) with 12-slot pouches would be enough to get us started in the immediate term.

I'll gladly donate whatever it takes. I'm purposely playing EQ2 from the pure quest standpoint, much as I did WoW. I am only concerned with skill upgrades but leave equipment to what I get from questing. So the only cash I need is the occasional Adept book, and I don't really need to have all skills at that either for awhile yet. I'm not going to overspend on stuff I know I'll outgrow in a level or two when I'm still averaging one or two levels a night.

Players sell the 24 count boxes for around 5-10 gold.  They are very nice; I carry 2 around with me!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 09:41:23 AM

1.  Set a date - give people one week to take everything they need for themselves and alts  then put the rest up for sale.  There's stuff thats been in there for a month at least.  Either it's useful for someone, in which case they can personal bank it, or it's not.  There are skill books for classes that we don't have in the guild.

2.  Get to guild level 10 - this will give us 50% more guild vault space.  Try completing Dwarven Workboots, Hadden's Earring and the evil equivalents.  Do some writs (of your level or above).  There are a lot of level 20-ish writs in Stormhold, combine that with some of the other quests for there and it would be a good night out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 09:43:53 AM

Definitely list stuff here before you bazaar it away!

I got a single wizard book from the guild bank so far :P Two more showed up after I was far beyond them (and the spell was removed from my book, to boot!).

I wouldn't even care about Adept I books much if they'd finish the simplification of crafting. Getting rares is a pain, but nothing like making subcomponents and storing them in my crappy 6-8 slot boxes. AppIV is still a pain to make. I need my post-20 upgrades pretty badly now, starting to slip...also need some decent +int stuff, the flow dried up pretty quick around lvl 20.

Dan brings up a good point about alts, but primaries should be taken care of first. I haven't touched any of the Guardian or Swashbuckler stuff for my alts because I believe firmly in that rule.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 09:54:08 AM

1.  Set a date - give people one week to take everything they need for themselves and alts  then put the rest up for sale.  There's stuff thats been in there for a month at least.  Either it's useful for someone, in which case they can personal bank it, or it's not.  There are skill books for classes that we don't have in the guild.

2.  Get to guild level 10 - this will give us 50% more guild vault space.  Try completing Dwarven Workboots, Hadden's Earring and the evil equivalents.  Do some writs (of your level or above).  There are a lot of level 20-ish writs in Stormhold, combine that with some of the other quests for there and it would be a good night out.

OK sounds like a plan.  I was actually going to mention doing the boots walking quest this weekend, but due to RL have not posted yet. 

The bank will be completely cleared out of ALL skill books on Monday, Feb. 13th.  I will take what is left and sell them on the market (and of course turn the money around into a guild house or whatnot).  If we can get some people going on heritage quests we can get guild levels up, and increase bank size/ get a house in both Qeynos Harbor and East Freeport.

Dan, lets form a group together Saturday night to complete Boots made for Walking quest.  If time permits maybe someone can walk us through another HQ.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 10:21:41 AM

Hopefully the servers will be up by tonight (not holding my breath on that one).

Our server merge is tomorrow, so no Friday night catassing.

Anything I can do to help with the burden, other than hogging all of the Illuionist and Paladin skills, I'm up for it.  I'll give the bank another pass, but as of Tues. night, any Illusionist skills still in there are ones I have at adept I or better already.  There are some higher 20 pally skills that I'll hoard, if that's okay with everyone.

I think turning everything else (except for crafting rares?) into cash is a fine idea.  And I'm all for working on HQs - in addition I'll be selfish and ask if we can do the Oracle Robe HQ that starts in RoV.  I bet we can even get Sky to group for that one.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 10:29:29 AM

Hopefully the servers will be up by tonight (not holding my breath on that one).

Our server merge is tomorrow, so no Friday night catassing.

Anything I can do to help with the burden, other than hogging all of the Illuionist and Paladin skills, I'm up for it.  I'll give the bank another pass, but as of Tues. night, any Illusionist skills still in there are ones I have at adept I or better already.  There are some higher 20 pally skills that I'll hoard, if that's okay with everyone.

I think turning everything else (except for crafting rares?) into cash is a fine idea.  And I'm all for working on HQs - in addition I'll be selfish and ask if we can do the Oracle Robe HQ that starts in RoV.  I bet we can even get Sky to group for that one.

I thought we were moving today.  Steamfont no longer exists and Oasis is down.  Also, the update post said Friday feb 9th.  Today is the 9th.  Typos?  Those guys need to lay off the Krunk juice!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 10:30:58 AM

My 2 cents

1) Put masters in the bank.

2) Put crafting rares in the bank.

3) Put Exceedingly rare other items in the bank (weapons, etc)

4) Make a thread here to see if people want other drops.  It will act as a clearing house.  If someone wants an item, the person with it will mail the the item to them.

Good and evil can now exchange mail.  We eliminate clutter in the bank.  People will no longer packrat items of minimal quality. Right now the back is full of level 10-20 adept and 10-20 crafting stuff.  It's all pretty low in value and is easily replaced.  As things stand, the bank is full of mostly useless stuff that can easily be replaced with a few silver.  

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 10:32:57 AM

My 2 cents

1) Put masters in the bank.

2) Put crafting rares in the bank.

3) Put Exceedingly rare other items in the bank (weapons, etc)

4) Make a thread here to see if people want other drops.  It will act as a clearing house.  If someone wants an item, the person with it will mail the the item to them.

Good and evil can now exchange mail.  We eliminate clutter in the bank.  People will no longer packrat items of minimal quality. Right now the back is full of level 10-20 adept and 10-20 crafting stuff.  It's all pretty low in value and is easily replaced.  As things stand, the bank is full of mostly useless stuff that can easily be replaced with a few silver.  

Other option is we could disable the ability to put things in the bank, only withdraw.  Then people could mail items to whomever has access and the bank would stay nice and organized that way.

Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 12:54:35 PM

Dan, lets form a group together Saturday night to complete Boots made for Walking quest.  If time permits maybe someone can walk us through another HQ.

Quest is obtained at level 20 from Hwal Ruksif in the Keep of the Ardent Needle.

The first part of the quest is to gather 100 ore and 100 wood.  Lets run it when we have enough people who've done the gathering :P

I can help on any other quest including the Robes quest...where do I get that one from?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 12:58:50 PM

Incidently I already have done the gathering portion for boots.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 01:05:15 PM

I've done the gathering as well.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 01:32:27 PM

Can someone tell me how to start a Heritage Quest? IIRC they're for items we'd recognize from EQ1 right? I see the one there for 'Boots are made for Walking' with Hwal in Ardent Needle (just met him as part of Welcome to Qeynos).
Quote from: Lt. Dan
Do some writs (of your level or above).
Ah, so writs are for Guild prestige/level? Traveling around the Greater Qeynos Metropolitan Region last night, I must have picked up six of these, three or four for Stormhold (once I recognized the pattern) and the rest for Blackburrow. All were, I think, level 16.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 01:37:04 PM

And I'm all for working on HQs - in addition I'll be selfish and ask if we can do the Oracle Robe HQ that starts in RoV.  I bet we can even get Sky to group for that one.
I'd be all over that. I can't stand my lvl 10 robe! As Dan asks, where to begin it? Casters should also nab the GBS quest from the guy outside the oracle tower in antonica (25+). I've completed the gathering for DWB, as well.

Also: STORMHOLD

Saturday night would be ok, but I need to know by tomorrow (friday). I can't drop shit like that on my loving mate "Hey baby...get lost tomorrow night so I can geek out in EQ"....it's tough enough to do with advanced notice. I generally have plans for every night, so if you want my assistance (and I'd really like to do more group activities...with f13, of course, not PUGs), let's try to narrow down some times in advance.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays can be good, too, because she works late and would be amenable to just going home straight to bed. Sorry to have such a wonderful relationship that it comes before gaming :P
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 03:06:19 PM

I've done the gathering for Midden as well.  I'll try to on more.  I've been ignoring games, other than the console now and then, due to stupid RL stuff but I'm hoping I'll get back in the swing of it very soon.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 03:49:11 PM

Other option is we could disable the ability to put things in the bank, only withdraw.  Then people could mail items to whomever has access and the bank would stay nice and organized that way.

Some of us use the bank to transfer items between good and evil chars without having to deal with mailing multiple times at a cost.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 07:41:36 PM

Some of us use the bank to transfer items between good and evil chars without having to deal with mailing multiple times at a cost.

Good point.  Nifty thing is that I can set it up so bank 1 is open to all, and the other banks are not.  I may set up bank for as a guild savings bank; this way people can donate cash money towards guild housing.  These things take time though, and I am still in shock at the amount of people sticking around!

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 05:31:43 PM

One thing I've been doing to try to help alleviate the crunch is a) stacking items that for some reason are on two separate pages (I know it seems obvious but I've caught jasper on two separate pages) and b) if I'm within 2 or 3 levels of being able to use something I see in the bank, I just go ahead and grab it early and just carry it around for awhile to free up a slot.

HOWEVER! I think we need to take stock of which characters we are playing and eliminate books and whatnot that no one on BC can use. I mean if there aren't any Brigands in the club we shouldn't be stashing brigand goodies. I can go through the member list and see what we have versus who we have and deal with this, if it'll be helpful.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 05:34:32 PM

One thing I've been doing to try to help alleviate the crunch is a) stacking items that for some reason are on two separate pages (I know it seems obvious but I've caught jasper on two separate pages) and b) if I'm within 2 or 3 levels of being able to use something I see in the bank, I just go ahead and grab it early and just carry it around for awhile to free up a slot.

HOWEVER! I think we need to take stock of which characters we are playing and eliminate books and whatnot that no one on BC can use. I mean if there aren't any Brigands in the club we shouldn't be stashing brigand goodies. I can go through the member list and see what we have versus who we have and deal with this, if it'll be helpful.

Do what you can.  On Monday I am going to clear it all out and we will start from scratch.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 06:17:06 PM

Voodoo volunteered!  :-D

Could we "archive" those items not being unused on an alt? If archived, it's just a one time thing to create a list. Then that character is dormant except for those times someone makes a request: log in archive guy, mail something to a player, log out :)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 06:45:47 PM

Voodoo volunteered!  :-D

Could we "archive" those items not being unused on an alt? If archived, it's just a one time thing to create a list. Then that character is dormant except for those times someone makes a request: log in archive guy, mail something to a player, log out :)

Thanks for volunteering.  Anything left Monday will disapear.

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 02:17:11 PM

I've started pulling out stuff for wardens and defilers, selling it and depositing the $$ in the guild bank. What will we use the money for?

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 03:56:57 PM

I've started pulling out stuff for wardens and defilers, selling it and depositing the $$ in the guild bank. What will we use the money for?

Shiny stuff for my collection.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 10:39:19 AM

I forgot we could view the Guild Bank at eq2players. You know, just being able to view it as a hyperlink-based text list makes it much easier to immediately assess what's in there. Plus I can do that (access the site) regardless of whether I'm near a Bank :)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 05:18:28 PM

I forgot we could view the Guild Bank at eq2players. You know, just being able to view it as a hyperlink-based text list makes it much easier to immediately assess what's in there. Plus I can do that (access the site) regardless of whether I'm near a Bank :)

Ooooh thats handy.  Will make creating a list for people much, much easier.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006, 05:42:11 AM

That's the really cool thing about it. Except if you want to make any sort of special notes, the Guild Bank view at eq2players shows you the contents of the Vault in three ways (you'll be asked for your login info of course):

Icon View by Bank Bin
List View by Bin
Full List View

Oh, and I forgot to grab something last night. Unfortunately, I won't be in tonight nor tomorrow either (traveling and then Valentine's Day). When you're emptying the Vault today, any chance you can mail to me the "Advanced Scholar Level 15" recipe book that's sitting in there? I'm planning on going Sage, and while I'm not into Scholar yet, I plan to focus on it this week.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 07:34:58 AM

Do we want to have any sort of plan for people loading stuff to the Bank.  I've been throwing in every Adept skill book I find plus the occasional item a teens character my could use, but the banks filling up rapidly again.  We could just pull stuff to sell if it's been in there a week or longer.

Not sure how much status it will take to "level" the guild so we get another row, but i suspect that will fill pretty quickly too; the game is a packrat's dream.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 02:01:31 PM

Do we want to have any sort of plan for people loading stuff to the Bank.  I've been throwing in every Adept skill book I find plus the occasional item a teens character my could use, but the banks filling up rapidly again.  We could just pull stuff to sell if it's been in there a week or longer.

Not sure how much status it will take to "level" the guild so we get another row, but i suspect that will fill pretty quickly too; the game is a packrat's dream.

Xilren

Currently Ill pull things out as it fills.  I left the crafting books since they are harder to get then skill books.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 04:22:40 PM

You know... I've leveled like 5 toons over 30 and I've never seen a provisioner book.  Do they exist?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 08:15:04 AM

You know... I've leveled like 5 toons over 30 and I've never seen a provisioner book.  Do they exist?
Nope, there is no such thing as advanced provisioner books and you can't get rares from food plants.  We can't make food that has some sort of awesome bonus.  Which is fine by me, I don't want to hunt for all those books that the other professions have to.  Plus if they ever did it do it there might be some terrible friction in groups complaining about the healer not having really expensive food for regen and such.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 10:05:00 AM

Nope, there is no such thing as advanced provisioner books and you can't get rares from food plants.  We can't make food that has some sort of awesome bonus.  Which is fine by me, I don't want to hunt for all those books that the other professions have to.  Plus if they ever did it do it there might be some terrible friction in groups complaining about the healer not having really expensive food for regen and such.

Thanks.  I kind of figured this was the case but also wondered if I just had awful luck with drops. 

-  Mark Twain
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 10:31:22 AM

We can't make food that has some sort of awesome bonus. 

Correction.  Pretty much all food/drink has some sort of awesome bonus.... huge boost to out-of-combat power/mana/hp/whatever regen.

The difference between no drink and player-made drink is like 2 different games.  Kinda like predator without poison, and predator with poison.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 11:03:13 AM

I meant we can't get a rare and bake a pie that has 1000mana/tick regen or something like that.  The better food also have +stats, you need to examine the food to find out whether it's strength/agility/more power.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Guild Bank  
Jump to: