Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Another DDO stress test 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another DDO stress test  (Read 6870 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: February 07, 2006, 01:52:51 PM

I just got another notice from Turbine about a limited registration for a stress test.  If you signed up for beta and haven't been notified yet, this may be your chance to take a look. 

Quote from: Turbine
We’re happy to invite you to join this week’s DDO Stress Test event – this will be your chance to try the full Beta version of the game. The mysteries and intrigue of Stormreach™ await!

Registration for this event will only be available on Tuesday, February 7 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. EST. You will not be able to register before or after this period. Please make sure you register during these times if you want to participate in the Stress Test event.

So take a look in those junk email accounts you use to register for betas.  You may get a chance for a sneak peek.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 02:01:04 PM

What kind of window is that?  Those people are on crack.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 02:12:35 PM

That's what I said. I'm not sure I even care to try registering in that window ...

- Viin
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 02:38:08 PM

I played one of the 10 day stress tests, downloaded the client about 1.7 gig of data for that.   A few days ago I was accepted into the European Beta. 

It would be logical to assume that there's a small update file for download to point my old client to the European patch server.  That's logical isn't it?  It's only replacing a few ip's in an ini file, they wouldn't expect me to download all 1.7 gig again, did they do that?  Nope, so if it's improved any since I played the stress test, I'll never know.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 02:53:26 PM

I got this email too. I deleted it without reading it. That is how impressed I was with the game the last stress test.

I have never played WoW.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 03:04:04 PM

Unless they are going no sub like GW, I have no interest.

"Me am play gods"
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 03:22:03 PM

I got that email. Decided it wasn't worth the effort, so I shopped around looking for a coworker who wanted the key.

Took about five hours to find one.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 03:33:10 PM

I was equally unimpressed by the time window and deleted.  I just thought I'd pass the word for the sick few that like dealing with these limitations.

I also got an email from Irth online... that email quickly met with a similar fate.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 06:08:18 PM

And *KABOOM* -- Turbine's beta signup server is dying a painful death and I can't get my key registered. Oh well didn't sound like the game was any fun...

Edit: Yeah after about a billion resubmits I finally got it registered. Of course there are no instructions on what to do next...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 06:23:19 PM by Trippy »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 07:11:19 PM

Anybody know where to get the beta client from?

Edit: Fucking FilePlanet.

Edit: Oh that's fucking great, the download is one giant file instead of just an installer. Given the speed of my connection it's highly likely that it'll get interrupted before it finishes. Turbine really doesn't want me to try their game do they?

Edit: Wheee timed out after 1.12 GB downloaded. *Sigh*
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 07:31:07 PM by Trippy »
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 09:38:36 AM

What kind of window is that?  Those people are on crack.

It suggests that they think legions of people are hanging out at ddo.com with their finger hovering over the refresh button.  I suspect they're incorrect. 

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 10:55:44 AM

It suggests that they think legions of people are hanging out at ddo.com with their finger hovering over the refresh button.  I suspect they're incorrect.

O RLY?

And *KABOOM* -- Turbine's beta signup server is dying a painful death and I can't get my key registered. Oh well didn't sound like the game was any fun...

Could just mean their beta signup server is having a bad day, but never underestimate the lure of "FREE BETA GOGOGO ^^"

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 10:53:53 AM

Could just mean their beta signup server is having a bad day, but never underestimate the lure of "FREE BETA GOGOGO ^^"

If your beta signup server is Larry's old PC in that empty cubicle, then every day is a bad day.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Another DDO stress test  
Jump to: