Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:58:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Surprising no one, first server merge has... issues. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Surprising no one, first server merge has... issues.  (Read 2437 times)
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

on: February 07, 2006, 09:20:05 AM

So moving Faydark onto Befallen went BLAMMO yesterday.  Originally, Steamfont was slated to merge on Wednesday, but they are delaying the schedule by at least a day to make sure they learn something from whatever fuckups kept an entire server down for about 16 hours.  The new Befallen is up now, but hilariously Faydark still shows up on the "Server Down" list.  Details details.

Here are some known issues:

User Interface: /load_uisettings <-- If you notice any UI problems, use this command. You should be able to choose your old UI to load.

Friends List: If your friend's name was changed, the original name (now occupied by someone you don't know) will still appear in your friends list.

In-Game Mail: Mail was received properly. However, the name of the person who sent it did not update. If the person who sent you mail had their name taken and you reply to something they sent you, you will be sending mail to the person who took their name.

Housing and Shared Bank: We are currently investigating possible housing and shared bank issues for certain characters. Please do not worry about permanently losing entire sets of items as a result of this transfer. Make sure to /petition if you notice problems.

Character Select: You may see double characters or not see some characters in character select if you overflow beyond the number of characters you are allowed. This will clear itself up after the servers restart. The issue that caused this has been resolved for the next server move.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 10:17:27 AM

They apparently tied some mechanics to character.name or some such structure.  I'm sure Lum (in his role as DBMA) could espouse volumes on unique id's in primary key fields.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 11:03:06 AM

If these mergers don't go smoothly the added maintenance will mitigate the real purpose of this whole ordeal:  getting their costs down to deal with sucky sales.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 01:33:56 PM

There's also much complaints about the performance of Befallen in the last two days. Apparently the merge resulted in exceeding the soft cap of playability or something.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Surprising no one, first server merge has... issues.  
Jump to: