Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve breaks 100k 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve breaks 100k  (Read 1618 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

on: February 06, 2006, 06:45:53 AM

http://www.eve-online.com
2/5/2006
100.000 Subscriber Mark Broken!
This Saturday marks a major milestone for EVE Online and CCP when the active subscriber count broke through the 100.000 subscriber line. So from all of us here at CCP we want to thank you for your support and your input. This is a clear indication that a true player driven game tailored towards elite gamers is not just a dream but a reality, and we owe it all to you.

I've seen peaks at around 25k so I'm not surprised at this number, it's right where I would have put them if I had to guess.  They also usually show about 1300 free trial accounts active at peak.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:18:12 AM

At this point I think they're past "niche" status and are part of the mainstream. I'll bet that they have more subscribers than Asheron's Call and SWG. And they're closing in on UO.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:54:41 AM

What makes me happy about this is it proves word of mouth does eventually work.  This is not a game for everyone by any stretch of the imagination but it is a very good game.  Also you have to respect their stance on expansions they have added so much to the game at no charge and I salute them.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 01:51:29 PM

They also have an affiliate program. It's paying out rather well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve breaks 100k  
Jump to: