Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Gravity Control 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gravity Control  (Read 2087 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: May 25, 2004, 09:05:05 AM

I've been playing a Grav/Kin controller, but I heard so many complaints about Kinetics that I had my doubts at first. Now I'm really diggin' it...Enough to make it my main (Especially if it isn't nerfed when CoV arrives).

Anyways, anyone have experience with Gravity? How well do others compliment it? I'm kinda itching to check it out with Force Field too. Any thoughts on FF?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 09:14:03 AM

I made a controller alt that is primary fire control, with a secondary in force field. The first power is a bit... weird. The personal force field is something that protects you from just about any hits (most will miss completely while you have it on), but you can't use any power on anyone other than yourself. I found that I would only use this when I'd stuck some DOT's on mobs and needed to regain some end or health or both. At 4th I chose force bolt as my second power in the set, since I was really looking for some direct form of combat. Sitting back as a controller is so boring compared to mixing it up with a scrapper, at least at early levels.

I'm not sure what else is in the power set for Force Field, but it's definitely different.

Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 09:47:13 AM

Force field + Presence (taunt) = pretty nifty. It makes for an awfuly wierd tank. :)

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Gravity Control  
Jump to: