Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:16:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Guild move, oh the elephant 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild move, oh the elephant  (Read 6726 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: January 31, 2006, 08:42:47 PM

OK, this post is about peoples views on the server move.  Please read my view on things.

I AM NOT MOVING TO PVP SERVER.   Most F13 people play to have fun.  This means that some want assassins, others want swashbucklers.  This does not happen with new rules on PvP servers and still play together.

Second, we are getting moved to Oasis.  I am OK with this... it honestly does nothing to the integrity of the group.  There is one problem though.

NOT all F13 people are on Steamfont/Oasis. 

So as things stand we have people who have multiple characters with high crafting levels.  I want to point out that this is NOT a selling point.  Crafting is hard enough solo, and to take on 10+ people wanting shit will make anyone insane.

So where do we go?  I propose an open discussion on server decisions.  Personally, I am leaning towards staying on Oasis.  Seem insane?  Use common sense to evaluate why:

-People have investments in those servers you want to move to.  BC will not last as is if Uber Guild # (fill in blank) offers entrance.
-Why move?  Every server is the same and we take a chance with this.
-Old members.  One draw is that "retired" people can re-activate their account and join us, thus having fun.
-Overwhelming the kind soul.  We have a couple members, and as such they may feel overwhelmed helping us.  If we stay we help ourselves.
-People can transfer and join us if wanted.  See top 3 examples.

So here is the discussion thread.  Please keep on topic and do not deviate, and please do not add commentary if you are not playing EQ2.  Thanks!

added.  I removed everyone but Olub as guild leader.  This way there are no accidents due to character moves.  We have one point of failure.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 08:51:57 PM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:54:12 PM

Ok, I can't make sense of this post.

I can only assume the result of all that is "Don't transfer if you're on Steamfont."

Rite?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 10:49:57 PM

I'm with BC wherever they go. I'll also transfer my friend's 24 temp and 27 monk to the server we choose too as they'll help boost the guild a bit and she no longer can play anyway.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 10:51:43 PM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 05:07:25 AM

I vote we all start over on a role playing server.

But if not then wherever you all go, is good for me.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 05:19:31 AM

I prefer rp servers, myself... even pvp-rp servers.  But I don't care, really.  I'll start playing again, soon, too. 

I'm responding to people who have responded because I didn't understand a whit of what Cheddar posted, either.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 06:27:02 AM

Our current server seems pretty good and judging by Oasis's boards they are ok too, I'm fine with doing nothing.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, I doubt most of us will be playing in three months time.  I'm going to give DDO a try in March, and after a couple of weeks when I realize I don't like it Oblivion will be released and I will drop off of the face of the planet for awhile.  Unless the bastards delay it again.  I'll stay subbed to EQ2 though.

Poor Cheddar, he tried to narrow down the possibilities only to have RP servers brought up  smiley.  They aren't allowing transfers to Antonia Bayle but I think Lucan D'lere is an RP server.  I don't know if you're allowed to have both good and evil characters there.  I find RP servers to be hit or miss, most of the people are better than on normal servers but then you also get more of the really sick, wretched assholes.  I think most EQ2 servers are good, it's not like WoW where you might role on an RP server just get away from all the idiots.

I vote for ambivalence.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 06:29:29 AM

So as things stand we have people who have multiple characters with high crafting levels.  I want to point out that this is NOT a selling point.  Crafting is hard enough solo, and to take on 10+ people wanting shit will make anyone insane.

I'm not concerned about this too much. First, I wouldn't offer to craft your consumables (food/drink and such) as you're right in that would take too much time. But to craft armor and weapons and a few skills here and there wouldn't be a big deal.

First, with the crafting changes all of those combines will be one click. If it still took making a bunch of subcombines for each piece then probably not. But with the changes I'll be able to knock out a full set of armor in like 5 minutes as long as the person provides the resources.

Two, 10 people only need to upgrade armor and weapons every 10 levels. I kind of doubt if everyone's going to be knocking out 10 levels each and every week. So, at a rough guess I would say probably 3-4 sets of armor and a few weapons each week? Throw in a few skills here and there when you can't find someone else and we're talking at most 2 hours a week of crafting for other people. That's not too much.

Third, really how long do you think you all will last?

Fourth, if I am surprised by how long you last and the amount of work I don't mind letting a person log into my account once in a while to make stuff. Preferably someone who has time to play during the day while I'm at work and definately someone with a long(er) history here who I could reasonably assume won't rape my account.

So, I think you can remove that concern.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 06:49:49 AM

I have no investment anywhere yet, but also don't want to plan for the dissolvement of BC either. History is a guide, but not an absolute rule. BC in EQ2 could turn out like the Waterthread.org guild that went to SWG: about 50% of the people who built the guild from the forums left four to six months after launch, but were along the way supplemented by people they had met, or who were lurkers, or whatever.

So I agree with going to Oasis. It's a natural transition which requires no planning nor coordination, and therefore no chance of failure on our end.

At the same time, it would have been cool to hook up with a group that's also shown a lot of dedication, but I think Oasis is the better way to go for now.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 07:47:05 AM

I originally started on Lucan and have a lvl 17 not-necro (w/jbooties) and lvl 19 not-SK there, but they're crappy compared to Caviglia. But if there is interest in an RP server, there's that. However, for better and worse, Lucan is open for transfers. It's lower pop than Antonia, but I feel that's going to change, I think with free transfers a bunch of people will probably head there. As of now, I'm leaning toward leaving my two evils (well, plus my newbler not-assassin) there. FYI, FWIW and whatnot.

I vote for staying on Steamfont>Oasis.
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 08:29:58 AM

I vote for going to sugardaddy, err UD_Delt's server, or just staying on Steamfont/Oasis.

It's totally imposing on him, but it would a nice luxury.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 09:06:52 AM

I prefer doing nothing, whenever possible, so I guess that means I'm voting to stay put and head over to Oasis.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 12:57:39 PM

Also, UD_Delt should move all of his character to Oasis. ^_^;
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 04:10:30 PM

I'm happy with the default move.  Minimizes the chance of any cock-ups on our side.  SOE's side is another story all together.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 04:34:21 PM

Stay. Just learn to craft on our own damnit.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 04:49:51 PM

I'm happy with the default move.  Minimizes the chance of any cock-ups on our side.  SOE's side is another story all together.

This seems to be the consensus.  I went ahead and demoted everyone down one level that was a guild leader just in case.  Not that having our guild bank wiped due to the change would be that bad of a thing...

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 06:21:36 PM

I'm confused.  You demoted us, why?  If the guild bank gets wiped if we move servers... how would having more than one guild leader be significant?  Not that I'm fussed about it... I don't really care who or how many people are guild leaders, it has never really meant anything to most of us since we left SB.  I'm just confused with the reasoning for it.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 11:35:04 PM

I haven't played in a while, but since my account is still active and I might do so at any minute, I'm going to post anyway. Suck it up.

Old members.  One draw is that "retired" people can re-activate their account and join us, thus having fun.

That seems a good enough reason to let the guild follow Steamfont to Oasis. Everybody who is currently playing has the option of a character move to Oasis should they wish. This leaves only inactive players not on the current server. It should provide for the greatest 'catchment'.

RP servers may have a lower proportion of dribbling imbeciles, but some of the dribbling imbeciles on RP servers put all others to shame.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 07:22:42 AM

/em tries to disguise himself as a tree and makes crow noises

"Me am play gods"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 07:26:36 AM

RP servers may have a lower proportion of dribbling imbeciles, but some of the dribbling imbeciles on RP servers put all others to shame.
Good point. "Hardcore" roleplayers that are a bit too into the game as every bit as bad, if not worse than, guys like Watchdisshet (actual player on Steamfont).

Just thinking of someone sitting there typing that out in character creation and thinking it's a good idea makes my brain freeze...but at least it's a big "don't group with the fucktard" sign.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 07:57:46 AM

I wonder why Cheddar doesn't answer my question?  I think he's gone mouldy.

Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 08:31:34 AM

Maybe he's just feeling a little bleu.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 08:43:45 AM

I wonder why Cheddar doesn't answer my question?  I think he's gone mouldy.

In case the move is funkified.  I already answered the question!  You will get your leet title back soon as the move completes.  BTW, I do believe you can do everything at the rank you are at as you could being a "Guild Leader," only difference is you get a blue avatar rank thingamajig instead of purple.  Why so worried about it, not like we have 900+ plat and I am gonna run off with it!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 09:55:02 AM

I'm not worried or upset.  I'm just wondering what sort of thing could happen... I don't know what "funkified" means.  I don't need any title at all as with f13 guilds it hardly matters unless the leader wanders off never to be seen again.  It's not as if we're some hardcore, raid/PvP guild or anything.   I'm just curious if there are people we shouldn't be trusting in our wee family guild or if there is some sort of mechanical thingy that could assplode if there is more than one in the guild leader position.  I simply found it confusing, like I said.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 10:06:00 AM

I don't know what "funkified" means.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 10:53:06 AM

So which is it?  Untrustworthy guildmates or broken mechanics? 

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 10:54:35 AM

So which is it?  Untrustworthy guildmates or broken mechanics? 

I am still wary of every MMOG company.  Tell you what, Ill make you leader and demote myself.  Blah.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 10:59:07 AM

No, that won't work.  Guild leader is not my thing and I don't generally play the same hours as most of you... if any.  Also, I swore never to be a guild leader or officer in a "real" guild again after leaving SB.  It helped ruin it for me.  In fact, I probably won't ever join a "real" guild with rules and stuff again.  I don't like 'em.  Anyway, all you needed to say is that there is some sort of problem or could be some problem with guild stuff in this update.  I just don't see the need for things getting complicated. 

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 11:12:50 AM

No, that won't work.  Guild leader is not my thing and I don't generally play the same hours as most of you... if any.  Also, I swore never to be a guild leader or officer in a "real" guild again after leaving SB.  It helped ruin it for me.  In fact, I probably won't ever join a "real" guild with rules and stuff again.  I don't like 'em.  Anyway, all you needed to say is that there is some sort of problem or could be some problem with guild stuff in this update.  I just don't see the need for things getting complicated. 

I thought I did say that, somewhere at least. 

Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 11:24:03 AM

Signe is orchestrating a bloodless coup of Bat Country!

Actually, I think this is a lot of ado about nothing. Everything should run flawlessly. I have complete trust in SOE.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 11:36:43 AM

Actually, I think this is a lot of ado about nothing. Everything should run flawlessly. I have complete trust in SOE.

MOLE!!!!!!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30 on: February 02, 2006, 03:07:34 PM

MOLE!!!!!!

Please don't hit me!  huh

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Guild move, oh the elephant  
Jump to: