Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Ship Setups 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ship Setups  (Read 2113 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

on: January 30, 2006, 06:13:09 PM

Dave made a post about Fitting 1600 plate on a rupture and I felt like fiddling.  Here's what I came up with, tinkering around in QuickFit.  This isn't something I'd fly so it's got big flaws, but I found it amusing.

HIGH-SLOTS :
~~~~~~~~~~~~
> [ 110 |   18] 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II
> [  10 |   15] Small Nosferatu II
> [  10 |   15] Small Nosferatu II

MED-SLOTS :
~~~~~~~~~~~
> [  55 |   25] 10MN Afterburner II
> [   1 |   25] Stasis Webifier II
> [   1 |   35] Warp Scrambler II

LOW-SLOTS :
~~~~~~~~~~~
> [ 500 |   28] 1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
> [   6 |    6] Small Armor Repairer II
> [   2 |   30] Energized Reactive Membrane II
> [   2 |   30] Energized Magnetic Membrane II
> [   2 |   30] Energized Thermic Membrane II

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PG: 1029/1075
CPU: 303.8/390
Cap: 10000
Velocity: 564 m/sec
Shield HP: 1437
Shield Resists: em 0% Exp 60% Kin 40% The 20%
Armor HP: 5373.95
Armor Resists: em 70% Exp 43.75% Kin 53.13% The 59.38%

Fun, but you're doing soooo little damage.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 06:27:29 PM

As I mentioned in the Rupture thread, there's an excellent sticky in Ships and Modules on the official forums that has fittings for pretty much every used ship in the game.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 08:21:38 PM

With a Thorax you can have all that and then 5 medium drones.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 04:50:05 AM

I don't expect you'd see this in those threads, RT.  It was just a 'fooling around' setup to see what you COULD fit.  If it were a serious setup it'd focus more on jamming or webbing and probably carry more firepower. 

The Rupture has a drone bay, but you can only fit 5 smalls or ~3 mediums into it. I didn't list drones because they're mainly a player preference thing, it would seem.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 05:57:33 AM

As I mentioned in the Rupture thread, there's an excellent sticky in Ships and Modules on the official forums that has fittings for pretty much every used ship in the game.

Are Caldari frigates just not used that much, or what?  There's only links in that thread for the Kestrel and Merlin.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 07:04:28 AM

There isn't anything wrong with the kestrel and merlin. As a noob I found the merlin to be much easier to set up. I never did get an afterburner on my kestrel.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 08:14:29 AM

Are Caldari frigates just not used that much, or what?  There's only links in that thread for the Kestrel and Merlin.

Alkiera

Personally the Caldari Frigates can be catagorised thus

Bantam = Mining
Condor = low level NPC hunting or mission running
Griffin = Elec Warfare - problem here is that this thing is made of paper! Plus most players dont get heavily into EW until later due to skill cost/time.
Heron = Not really sure what this ship is supposed to be good for.... Special Ability: 5% bonus kinetic missile damage per skill level 5% reduction to duration/activation time of modules requiring Astrometrics per level - Do any frigate pilots use Astrometrics? For that matter what are the Astrometrics modules?..... Seem to remember this was pretty fragile too
Kestrel = Missile boat - NPC hunting and mission running - or cargo hauling as it has a nice capacity (for all the missiles!!!!)
Merlin = Combat Frigate - NPC hunting and mission running

So basically the Kestrel and the Merlin are the only real decent Caldari frigates which is why you only see builds for them
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 08:18:32 AM

Do any frigate pilots use Astrometrics? For that matter what are the Astrometrics modules?

Mmmm... scan probes?  Doesn't seem like something you'd use in a frig.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 10:49:29 AM

Astrometrics = scan probes. I'd have to look up the requirements for a scan probe launcher; they might get used in zerosec when hunting out some guy hiding in a safespot with launchable system scan probes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Ship Setups  
Jump to: