Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:18:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Cable Co. is driving me crazy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cable Co. is driving me crazy  (Read 2615 times)
Piperfan
Terracotta Army

on: January 25, 2006, 01:47:23 PM

I haven't left but I can't get in.

I am having intermitant issus with my connection. Two minutes okay followed by a minute of nothing then 5 minutes okay. etc.

I'm not sure the cable co. is doing anything about it yet but today is a little better than the 4 days before. For instane this page actually loaded so i can post.

Go stand in walmart parking lot and try to get 5 other people to go help you move furniture for a few hours. That's mmo grouping to me. - Sky
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 02:02:16 PM

I would get in touch with the cable folks asap and find out if it is systemic or local. You might have a modem or router that is dying. If not, get them to credit you for the down times. Use lots of big words and then lots of expletives.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 10:51:43 PM

Use lots of big words and then lots of expletives.

Sounds like you attended the "Haemish School of Business Relations"

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 09:33:29 AM

I learned at the feet of the master.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:44:16 AM

I didn't know you had a foot fetish.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 10:43:59 AM

Rimshot

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 02:49:46 PM

I haven't left but I can't get in.

I am having intermitant issus with my connection. Two minutes okay followed by a minute of nothing then 5 minutes okay. etc.

I'm not sure the cable co. is doing anything about it yet but today is a little better than the 4 days before. For instane this page actually loaded so i can post.

You don't happen to have comcast do you?  This exact same thing has been happening to me.  A tech is coming out on Saturday, thankfully.  It's seriously cutting into Eve time.

Xbox live: trotski44
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 03:01:46 PM

Comcast here too.  My cable has been acting up every night around 10pm.  WoW will just completely free up for minutes at a time and then all of the sudden unfreeze and I'll get 5 minutes of fighting in a 10 second span.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 04:59:02 PM

I have Comcast (and live about 10 miles from Trotski)- no issues here, other than the occasional hiccup that every provider gets. If the outage is more than a few minutes, I always call and bitch- I like free days on my bill.

trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 12:43:54 PM

Had a tech come out on Saturday, finally got a new cable modem.  About half the size of the old one, and have had no problems so far.

Xbox live: trotski44
WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 12:54:44 PM

From what I have heard, the modems they provide are total shit, so having one go out is not terribly surprising. I keep meaning to buy good one I can use in lieu of the rental...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Cable Co. is driving me crazy  
Jump to: