Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:53:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: Seattle Game Conference, Feb. 4th, 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seattle Game Conference, Feb. 4th, 2006  (Read 9281 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: January 24, 2006, 12:17:10 PM

For those of you in the Pacific Northwest interested in working in the gaming industry, figured you might want to hear about this one.

LINDEN LAB, MICROSOFT, VALVE, GAS POWERED GAMES, SECRET LAIR STUDIOS HEADLINE 2ND ANNUAL SEATTLE GAME CONFERENCE, JOB CONFERENCE AND RESUME WORKSHOP ON FEBRUARY 4, 2006

Event Open to Students and Professionals In the Industry or Looking to Break Into the Industry

January 24, 2005 - Linden Lab, Microsoft, Valve Software, Gas Powered Games, Sandlot Games, Foundation 9 Entertainment, Secret Lair Studios, Surreal Software and WorldWinner are just some of the game companies participating in the 2nd annual "Seattle Game Conference - Job Conference and Resume Workshop" taking place February 4, 2006 at the Highline Performing Arts Center in the Seattle suburb of Burien, Washington.

The event is designed for artists, programmers, writers, musicians, designers and others looking to get into the computer and video game business. Students and professionals looking to get into the computer and video game business will have the opportunity to speak with industry insiders, hiring managers and participate in an engaging resume workshop.

Confirmed speakers include:

Isaac Barry, Designer, Secret Lair Studios
Ellen Beeman, Program Manager, Microsoft
Daniel Bernstein, President & CEO, Sandlot Games
Chris Charla, Executive Producer of Development, Foundation 9 Entertainment
Noah Heller, Producer, Surreal Software
Peter Freese, Founder, Secret Lair Studios
Michelle Hippe, Director of HR, Gas Powered Games
Cooper Moo, Director of Business Development, WorldWinner
Cory Ondrejka, Vice President of Product Development, Linden Lab
Robin Walker, Game Designer, Valve Software
Jason MacCoy, University Of Washington Extension
Christopher Erhardt, Associate Dean of Continuing Education, DigiPen Institute of Technology

Students will learn how to build an early professional road map to a career in the game industry. Professionals looking to move into the business from other industries will learn how their experience and transferable skills can gain rapid entry into the game industry. The event will also provide a great opportunity for local game companies to meet potential new talent. Also, attendees will be able to participate in the Demo Reel Showcase, where can bring their laptops to showcase their demo reels to industry insiders for direct feedback and job opportunities.

Seattle Video Game Industry Job Conference - February 4, 2006 - Agenda

8:00am - 9:00am Registration and Networking
9:00am - 9:45am Industry Overview
10:00am - 10:45am Getting in at the Ground Floor
11:00am - 12:00pm Applying Transferable Skill Sets
12:00pm - 1:30pm Networking
1:30pm - 3:00pm Resume Workshop

The cost is $45 in advance or $60 at the door. The event takes place at the Highline Performing Arts Center in the Seattle suburb of Burien, Washington. Highland Performing Arts Center is located near the NW corner of "Sea-Tac" (Seattle-Tacoma) Airport. Registration is available online at http://www.SeattleGameConference.com/ 

How To Break Into Video Game Industry Conference and Resume Workshop attendees will:

* Find out what employers are looking for now and in the future
* Learn how the game development pipeline works
* Receive an overview of the industry and where it's headed
* Understand the core competencies required in art, programming and design
* Meet and network with professionals in the industry
* Participate in a resume workshop designed to gain them critical interviews with hiring managers.

Sponsors include University of Advancing Technology, DigiPen Institute of Technology, GameDev.net, Linden Lab, Gas Powered Games, Exclaim Recruiting Agency, ITT Tech Game Design

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 12:26:19 PM

No information on booth babes?
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 12:40:12 PM

That is the day before the Super Bowl. I need to save my strength for the partying the next day.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 01:43:15 PM

That is the day before the Super Bowl. I need to save my strength for the partying the next day.

Don't you mean drink yourself into a stupor to relieve the depression that will set in after the Seahawks lose?
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 02:35:19 PM

I will be mixing my liquor with the sweet tears of the unbelievers when the Seahawks triumph. And doing a lot of car bombs.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 02:56:04 PM

A game conference in every city!

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: Seattle Game Conference, Feb. 4th, 2006  
Jump to: