Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Minerals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Minerals  (Read 9372 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: January 24, 2006, 09:44:27 AM

First, I have to apologize to everyone for turning down the team last night.  I hate doing that.  I take guilds seriously in MMOGs, and this brotherhood seems to be even more important in EVE.

Someone asked for pyerite in the f13 channel last night, and I am sorry I wasn't around to deliver.  I have about 11k lounging in my hangar in Claulenne and I would be happy to deliver it to a corp hangar somewhere (I have them bookmarked but I don't remember where they are).

My only real plans for the minerals I am refining are to sell, but dropping them into a corp hangar is perfectly fine with me.  These are the minerals I can obtain in some quantity:
tritanium (grows on trees)
pyerite
mexallon
isogen (assuming the omber isn't stripped in Claulenne)

EDIT: I am likely to sell the isogen when I can get it, since my wallet is under 800k ISK at the moment.

I am able to deliver 90m3 of minerals quickly in my fastest ship.  My Navitas can deliver 344m3 but is somewhat slower and less likely to escape ambush.  You can evemail me or post in this thread and I will deliver as soon as I can.  I'll keep peeps up to date on what I can supply; I know I am still noobing along but it should not be much longer before I can be genuinely helpful.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 10:48:35 AM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 10:39:52 AM

I have assorted bits of mins from all the trash loot I reprocess. I took the lion's share of it to sell a couple of days ago, but I think I will just start hoarding it in Neesher for the eventuality of using it to actually make shit. Now that I can run 2 whole missile launchers on my frig, I will be needing more ammo soon. Also picked up the destroyer skill in Schmaeel last night- not sure if I will actually fly them, but I wanted to have the option.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 11:33:12 AM

Like to suggest we make a "To be refined and donated to corp" hangar.  Whoever is responsible could also clean out the "free stuff" hangar occasionally perhaps?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 11:38:36 AM

Having a single hangar for reprocessing materials and minerals would simplify things.  Well, who has the highest refining skill?  They should do most of the reprocessing, I suppose.  ATM, I just have Refining 4.  The specialty skills are some time off.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 11:43:25 AM

think I'm only at 2 - so I'm out!

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 11:53:22 AM

Heh, I have Indy 1, and that's it.

I believe gimpyone/Ca'adwin has the highest refining skills.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 12:49:15 PM

IIRC he as Refining 4 as well. I think mine is at 2, but it won't be going any higher until I knock out some more learning skills. I keep interupting to buy and train skills to level 1, so it is taking forever. I am hoping I can afford Eidetic Memory by Thursday night- that is when Instant Recall hits 5. Unless I buy a bunch more skills =)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 01:21:05 PM

Heh, I don't even have all my learning skills at 4. The prospect of getting them to 5 is not enticing. At all.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 01:25:06 PM

Feel free to throw any donated ores into the Mining hangar. We will have someone refine them when there is enough.

We'll also clean out that free stuff on occassion, though sometimes it's hard to tell what people will want or not. Please note that anything you put into the new containers will automatically be locked, so it'd be better to just dump them in the General hangar until someone with unlocking powers can move them into their respective containers.

Unless you know for sure it belongs in the 'permission required' containers, of course :)

- Viin
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 04:18:22 PM

There really needs to be a Corp Notepad feature.  So we could jot down things like what modules people need named versions of.  For example, any named heavy beams would be  Heart for me.

I'm wondering what the policy is currently on rat loot?  My first inclination is to just dump it all in corp hangers, if I remember right there is a skill that boosts what you get from melting loot down at the station and I sure as hell dont have it leveled.  Plus I'm currently quite good on cash so as long as I dont go getting my ships blown up the bounties should be enough to cover skill book purchases (no ammo needed 4tw!).

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 04:29:28 PM

I have between 500 and 600 stacked pieces of mission loot in french space. Missiles, burners, repairers, boosters, armor, vampires, crap, and more. I have no idea what to do with it. I hate the ebay style market system. At some point I was considering dumping it into the corp bin (that's what I originally did with the french office). The only problem now is hauling it all down to Neesher or wherever.
WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 04:32:22 PM

Buy a grade I indy, fill it up, set a safe route, and AP it down while you watch TV. Or sleep. Or work for 8 hours (dem indies is SLOOOOOW).

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 05:24:04 PM

We'd be happy to take your crap. We'll either refine it or leave for other blokes to use.

If you aren't too far away someone might come get it in an indy, but you might as well come down here with the rest of us.  evil

- Viin
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 05:30:32 PM

There really needs to be a Corp Notepad feature.  So we could jot down things like what modules people need named versions of.  For example, any named heavy beams would be  Heart for me.

I'm wondering what the policy is currently on rat loot?  My first inclination is to just dump it all in corp hangers, if I remember right there is a skill that boosts what you get from melting loot down at the station and I sure as hell dont have it leveled.  Plus I'm currently quite good on cash so as long as I dont go getting my ships blown up the bounties should be enough to cover skill book purchases (no ammo needed 4tw!).

I've got a bunch of heavy beams from my expeditions around Arzi and Oguser (lowsec near Neesher). I'll dump some from my for-sale bin into the corp hangar tonight.

Perhaps we should just start a thread for "equipment I want" posts?
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 09:51:21 PM

Perhaps we should just start a thread for "equipment I want" posts?

Excellent idea

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 12:05:31 PM

I have between 500 and 600 stacked pieces of mission loot in french space. Missiles, burners, repairers, boosters, armor, vampires, crap, and more. I have no idea what to do with it. I hate the ebay style market system. At some point I was considering dumping it into the corp bin (that's what I originally did with the french office). The only problem now is hauling it all down to Neesher or wherever.

Odds are you have some expensive items in there with the common stuff.  I'd reprocess all the ammo and missles, sell that, get an indy, go to the major market in that area (oursalent?) with everything loaded up.  The market is a little daunting but not as bad as it looks - just click sell item.  In a major market you'll probably get offers 10-30 percent lower than listed price - who cares, putting 20 tech 1 Afterburners on the market for 10k each and waiting for them to sell could take forever.  I'd sell the stuff that has a buyer for it and isn't too much below regional average. 

For other stuff and the things that aren't available on market (a sign that an item might be worth a good amount) hit 'advanced', look at what the regional avg. is and sell it a little lower if you want it to sell fast.  remember to change the time limit - It took me almost two weeks to sell a 10 million webber I got off some level 1 mission, but it was worth it.  Hopefully you have a few trade skills or you might run out of sell spots quick.  Sell what you can, throw the rest in the indy, and go down to Neesh. 

I made 2-4 million per each time I sold around 120 loot items, with the occasional super rare item.  You'll probably do much better. 
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 12:11:00 PM

I'd advise hitting advanced on every item, and then looking at the market activity. It really doesnt take long. Then look what you get for reprocessing it and make the call. It definately pays better in civilized space, and I agree - if it is 20% under average, look where it is higher and go there or just eat it. Try to avoid using the sell order.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 08:54:44 AM

Feel free to throw any donated ores into the Mining hangar.

This is in Neesher?  I was planning on getting a cruiser before I relocated but I can dump stuff there if it is needed.  Preferably refined minerals since they don't take up nearly as much space.

I checked and I have Refining lv3, but that will be fixed soon.

I ended up selling off the nearly 10k units of isogen I had for over 1.2 million, so a couple more three-hour runs like that and I will be in a (badly-equipped) cruiser.  I sold the mexallon and pyrite too, but the return was rather pitiful compared to the isogen, so I am going to save and can dump all of my trit, mex and pyrite once I start moving.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 01:32:36 PM

Yah in Neesher. If you want someone else to reprocess it throw it in the Mining hangar.

Otherwise, processed minerals can go into the Minerals can in the General hangar.

And, if you have a lot of minerals and nothing to do with them, ask me if the corp will buy them. Depending on what it is, we might. :)

- Viin
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 01:49:59 PM

Tritanium and pyreite are not worth selling at this point.  They seem to be used in manufacturing a lot, not that I have looked too much, and will therefore be dropped into the Minerals Can... assuming I can figure out what that is.  Don't tell me now, I want to spam chat after I get there and finish doing my Curly Howard impression.

I am not going to sell things to my own corp, that's just silly.  If you want isogen, put in an order, otherwise I am going to sell it.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 01:51:51 PM

We'll take Isogen. But if you need the money sell it. If you don't care for the money, we can give you *something* for it if you don't want to just donate it.  :-D

- Viin
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 02:00:35 PM

I need another 2.2 million ISK to buy an Exequror.  After that, you'll have plenty of isogen.  Claulenne [0.7] is lousy with omber, although a respawn needs to happen.  If you have omber in Neesher, I will be happy to relocate once I get the cruiser.

WayAbvPar

Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 02:01:29 PM

We'll take Isogen. But if you need the money sell it. If you don't care for the money, we can give you *something* for it if you don't want to just donate it.  :-D

I have several Slashers and Bursts my agent keeps giving me- you are welcome to one as a consolation for your iso =)

WayAbvPar

Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 02:02:55 PM

I need another 2.2 million ISK to buy an Exequror.  After that, you'll have plenty of isogen.  Claulenne [0.7] is lousy with omber, although a respawn needs to happen.  If you have omber in Neesher, I will be happy to relocate once I get the cruiser.

Tons of jaspet in Perbhe (next door). It is .4, but very lightly traveled. Give a shout on the corp channel and someone can run through and clear any rats out for you as well.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 02:19:06 PM

We also have that gay ore (homo something) and another H ore that is supposedly better than omber - either in system or 1-2 jumps away.

- Viin
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 03:32:53 PM

Tons of jaspet in Perbhe (next door). It is .4, but very lightly traveled. Give a shout on the corp channel and someone can run through and clear any rats out for you as well.

Beware of Perbhe. There's only two ways in and out and as Cadwin and I discovered last night there's some battleship-based pirates that moved in.  They were fairly organized, all spread-out around the gate with anti-warp bubbles going and I think some smart bombs.  They also had a buddy parked on the .5 side of the gate in a wolf spotting for them so they knew when to expect someone.

I only lost a shuttle (and some crappy implants)  because I wanted to check it out.   Someone lost a full load of ore and their indy.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006, 04:48:05 PM

We also have that gay ore (homo something) and another H ore that is supposedly better than omber - either in system or 1-2 jumps away.

Hemorphite's the H ore; it gives mostly nocx, but also some iso/trit and a little zyd. The 3 systems closest to base for it are Oguser (no station), Schmaeel (0.2, station, often a few pirates) and Arzi (0.1, station, rarely any pirates). I tend to hang out in Arzi or Oguser in lowsec; I get heebies doing solo stuff with low-security people in the system.

Using a mining cruiser, you pull in about 1m isk worth of hemorphite every 30 minutes with one miner 2. Extrapolate that out as you wish.
Strazos

Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 12:46:50 PM

Beware of Perbhe. There's only two ways in and out and as Cadwin and I discovered last night there's some battleship-based pirates that moved in.  They were fairly organized, all spread-out around the gate with anti-warp bubbles going and I think some smart bombs.  They also had a buddy parked on the .5 side of the gate in a wolf spotting for them so they knew when to expect someone.

Anti warp bubbles....Interdictors? They must have been pretty serious. I got accosted by an Interceptor earlier. he wasn't hurting me too bad, but my cap was gimped from having my warp attempts fail from scramming.....

Oh, and even with 2 painters going, my missiles were doing about 60 damage per 5-missile volley.

Fear the Backstab!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 01:02:03 PM

Interdictors are designed specifically to counter the big big ships that have their own warp drives.  They can collapse the gates those ships can open.  I think he's talking about warp scramblers on the bships to prevent people from using the gate they were blockading.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 02:46:08 PM

Interdictors are Interceptors on steroids.  Just as much speed, half again the firepower, and a special module that throws up a warp suppression bubble 20km in radius, without needing a lock or anchoring time.  They'll force a major shift in fleet tactics, and replace Interceptors as the gank ship of choice.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Minerals  
Jump to: