Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:20:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: This is reality calling Dragon Empires, is anyone at home? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is reality calling Dragon Empires, is anyone at home?  (Read 5496 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 21, 2004, 03:34:40 PM

I just realized today that I've been receiving Dragon Empires newsletters since I signed up for the beta....last October. The game doesn't seem to have moved forward an inch since then and games I didn't even know about have already been released. Can someone clue me in as to what the hell is going on with this game (preferably someone who went to E3, the newsletter said they were "showing off new effects")?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 04:12:48 PM

I used to get those newsletters too, until I switched ISP's a while back.  Anyhow you can find the E3 articles on Dragon Empires from gamespot, gamespy, stratics, and IGN, here:  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/news/gameID/8/showArticle/1659
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 09:16:40 AM

BUT BUT... beta 0.5 has been ongoing! THEY'VE BEEN WORKING!

Look, Dragon Empires has "lore" from Piers Anthony, which amounts to, from what I can tell, making sure that all the empires named after a particular color (Blue Empire, Yellow Empire) all have the same color as their empire name on everything. Which I suppose given Anthony's predilection for raging literary pedophilia more intense than Nabokov is probably as good as we can hope for.

I too receive the emails. I scan them for the words "We are starting beta and here is your invite," see nothing about it and delete the email unread.

It is a clusterfuck waiting to happen.

Pug

Email
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 10:00:14 AM

Same here. Every time I get a DE news letter I have to stop and think to myself, "When and why did I sign up for this?"

DE is a constant reminder of how small companies continue to struggle with MMOG design. I feel bad for the guys at DE knowing that when their game does finally release the "beta" testers will be burnt out, the game's graphics will be outdated, and it will be up against even more competition than they had ever expected. Who would have thought that unheard of games would be releasing in less time than they have even been in "beta"?
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 10:10:16 AM

What the fuck? Isn't Dragon Empires being made by Codemasters? Don't they have like 8 branch offices? Small companies? Bah. Lies. Damn Lies.

Keke, why yes, it is made by codemasters. Beware the shitty music.

Dragon Empires @ Codemasters
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 11:26:50 AM

I'm looking forward to playing my old Emaciated blonde heroin addict zombie concept.  Should be sweet.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 12:33:13 PM

Quote from: Mesozoic
I'm looking forward to playing my old Emaciated blonde heroin addict zombie concept.  Should be sweet.

The funny part is she is from one of the Anthony designed empires, and is only 3 years old.

WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 01:16:51 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
Quote from: Mesozoic

The funny part is she is from one of the Anthony designed empires, and is only 3 years old.

I'll be off scrubbing my brain with steel wool now, kthx.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pug

Email
Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 01:26:03 PM

Nothing says "family values" quite like a three year old emaciated blonde heroin addict zombie hooker.

Thanks for sharing. Now how do I unsubscribe without having any of my old news letters?
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 01:38:29 PM

Where's Arc's firey race car when you need it?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 01:51:48 PM

It's being used to pull this limp game to the beta finish line.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 02:52:00 PM

I think that frees up dead horse then doesnt it?

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 08:09:26 AM

According to this article the public (I guess open) beta begins in June.  All the spam they have given me and I didn't even make it in before open beta.
Malindor

Email
Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 08:08:22 AM

I laugh at these emails also, I think they have asked me to fill out system specs and why I want to beta test at least 3 times since they first annouced that they were accepting applications.

But still haven't recieved a confirmation, nor download link, nor anything other than propaganda, lol!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: This is reality calling Dragon Empires, is anyone at home?  
Jump to: