Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: E3 2006 Booth Babes NERFED! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: E3 2006 Booth Babes NERFED!  (Read 48736 times)
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

on: January 23, 2006, 11:05:03 PM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 02:38:38 AM

Good.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 05:15:18 AM

Well not completly banned, but they're going to start enforcing the attirement requirements, and added a $5000 fine.  Judging from the comments beneath the gamespot blog, this is a good thing.  The fewer drooling retards going to the show to ogle the floor show and fellate their heroes, the more devs might remember "oh right, Trade Show.. I should have something here.. maybe talk to some people."

Hey, I can dream.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 05:31:39 AM

Banning booth babes should be easy enough.  I mean there is no legitimate reason any female to even be in the building, rite?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 05:37:23 AM

Correct.  They should be stored neatly in the Victorian Sanitation Cabinets provided, so that the noise and lights do not move them to unseemly lubricity.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 06:11:44 AM

There's still auto shows for the drooling retards, no?  They'll never get rid of booth babes at those things.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 06:46:19 AM

So it's now $5k for a booth babe license.  Probably not too steep to be covered by marketing.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 08:28:47 AM

Banning booth babes should be easy enough.  I mean there is no legitimate reason any female to even be in the building, rite?

Or actual men, either :(

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 08:49:57 AM

Well, we ARE talking about E3.

Meh, a nice CYA move by the E3 organizers. Now if they could just make their show less like the burning of Rome while Nero fiddles, all would be well.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 09:26:52 AM

Boo.  If I want a game trade show without boobies I'll go to GDC or AGC, thank you very much.  E3 has always been about the spectacle.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 09:27:48 AM

Boo.  If I want a game trade show without boobies I'll go to GDC or AGC, thank you very much.  E3 has always been about the spectacle.

AGC had plenty of boobies. Of course, they were on some of the men...
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 10:26:13 AM

For the last time, moobs don't count.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 07:05:13 PM

AGC had plenty of boobies. Of course, they were on some of the men...

Ever been to E3? There's more tits on guys there than on booth babes or females in attendance. If they're going to enforce some attire code for the booth babes maybe they should make some of the slobtardsweatknobs wear some decent clothes. I can't count how many times I avoided a crowd because of the smell and not because it was a bad game trying to market shit *cough25toLifecough*
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 06:58:56 AM

This picture shot up to number one on Yahoo's most viewed photos after this story started circulating:

Models promoting the video game 'Singles 2 Triple Trouble' are see at the E3Expo in Los Angeles, May 18, 2005. The video game industry's 2006 E3Expo trade show in Los Angeles is getting a make-over -- banned are the swarms of sexy, semi-clad 'booth babes' that in years past took the unveiling of new games and technology to titillating new levels. (Fred Prouser/Reuters)
Booth babes are one thing but actually bringing in a bed is a good hint that things have gone too far.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 07:32:31 AM

Now what are all those aspiring models going to do for work? Nothing like taking away their paycheck. Am I the only one who sees unemployment written all over this? ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 07:42:30 AM

Now what are all those aspiring models going to do for work? Nothing like taking away their paycheck. Am I the only one who sees unemployment written all over this? ;)
So long as the can drive a manual transmission they'll be fine.
WayAbvPar

Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Now what are all those aspiring models going to do for work?

They will go back to blowing rock stars backstage.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 09:28:27 AM

So long as the can drive a manual transmission they'll be fine.

I'm fairly certain the girl second from the left is Chyna. I don't want her wenis on my leather seats. I wonder if you get to pick the girl that drives your car in places like that.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 09:32:32 AM

There's always a pole somewhere to be danced around.

Sachant
Developers

Wolfpack

Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 10:14:48 AM

Bite me.

Sachant
Bartle Test Killer  73% , Socializer  60%, Explorer  60%, Achiever  6%
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 11:35:35 AM

Bite me.
Now we are getting some where!

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 02:32:32 PM

Sachant had a momentary lapse in judgement.  She's probably slapped her forehead by now remembering that on this board tough talk, agressive debate and threats of physical violence by women are considered sexual foreplay.  What she MEANT to say was, "Fuck off and die.  The lot of you." 

/signed

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sachant
Developers

Wolfpack

Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 02:56:20 PM

Sachant had a momentary lapse in judgement.  She's probably slapped her forehead by now remembering that on this board tough talk, agressive debate and threats of physical violence by women are considered sexual foreplay.  What she MEANT to say was, "Fuck off and die.  The lot of you." 

/signed

Thank you Signe.  That was eloquently spoken on my behalf. ;)  Will you be my official spokesperson?  I can pay you in meaningless but well-intentioned compliments!

Sachant
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 05:10:04 PM

/signed

Thank you Signe.  That was eloquently spoken on my behalf. ;)  Will you be my official spokesperson?  I can pay you in meaningless but well-intentioned compliments!

You can become her new magical power-up guy girl!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 05:50:35 PM

Does this mean that there will be any PC games released this year that aren't sequels to existing IP or, you know, worth getting interested in?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 08:18:17 AM

Spore? Maybe?

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 09:46:04 AM

Bite me.

Hi, my name is Sarcasm.  Pleased to meet you.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 10:57:52 AM

Indeed, as defined elsewhere, Sachant fell into the sarchasm.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 01:07:57 PM

Please tell me this won't impact having booth boys there?Huh??  (green is still sarcasm isn't it?)

Rather impressed they took this step and now if they could just duct tape the mouth of everyone who says "girls/women don't play video games", I would be one happy camper.  The only drawback I can see is that it is going to be much more difficult at this year's E3 to figure out which games are good since from my experience in past years, I found the more revealing the booth babe, the worse the game would be.

We never do anything half-assed, with us its either full-ass or no-ass!
To win is not always a victory, to lose not always a failure.
Sachant
Developers

Wolfpack

Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 01:58:55 PM

Bite me.

Hi, my name is Sarcasm.  Pleased to meet you.

Hi.  I know sarcasm very well.  Thus why I responded with "Bite Me" vs a tirade. ;)  Sarcasm lives with me.  I guess it forgot to tell you it had left you for someone better at it. ;)

Sachant
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #30 on: January 30, 2006, 02:33:55 PM

Please tell me this won't impact having booth boys there?Huh??  (green is still sarcasm isn't it?)

Rather impressed they took this step and now if they could just duct tape the mouth of everyone who says "girls/women don't play video games", I would be one happy camper.  The only drawback I can see is that it is going to be much more difficult at this year's E3 to figure out which games are good since from my experience in past years, I found the more revealing the booth babe, the worse the game would be.

Between raising babies and cooking dinner when the hell would they have time to play games?  Reality check!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sachant
Developers

Wolfpack

Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 04:28:14 PM

At Night when the children and husband are asleep.  Why you think I only got four hours of sleep on average while working on the WoW guide? ;p  I went 72 without sleep too during that period.  That is not really recommended. ;)

Sachant
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #32 on: January 30, 2006, 05:16:15 PM

At Night when the children and husband are asleep.  Why you think I only got four hours of sleep on average while working on the WoW guide? ;p  I went 72 without sleep too during that period.  That is not really recommended. ;)

I wish you'd only gotten 3 hours a night and I had gotten an index.

I kid, I kid.
Sachant
Developers

Wolfpack

Reply #33 on: January 30, 2006, 07:42:39 PM

That wasn't my call!  That was the editors call.  :)  We (Michael and I) wanted an index.

Sachant
WayAbvPar

Reply #34 on: February 01, 2006, 12:19:29 PM

It seemds to be a corporate mandate. I don't think any of them have indices, which is, of course, fucking moronic.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: E3 2006 Booth Babes NERFED!  
Jump to: