Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve site problems? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve site problems?  (Read 2864 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

on: January 23, 2006, 07:20:44 AM

Anyone else had problems in the last 3-4 days with connecting to Eve's website?  I was fiddling with my char planner and needed to update my skills but kept getting an error.  Trying to connect to the site itself and download the xml gives me a time-out error.  I had this problem on last Thurs & Friday as well, both at work and home. Very odd.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 07:33:43 AM

I constantly had problems connecting to their Web site when I was playing (my trial ran out a few days ago). And even when it was "working" Firefox was seriously unhappy with that site and would constantly show the spinning downloading icon on pages even though it looked like there was nothing left to download. Their site doesn't even look right in their in game browser, that's how bad it is.

Edit: fixed typo
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 09:29:13 AM by Trippy »
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 09:03:16 AM

Their in-game browser blows chunks anyways.

I've never had a problem with their website (in firefox or a char manager) though I haven't used a char manager in awhile.

- Viin
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 09:27:49 AM

I have had off and on problems with it since late last week. I think the recent surge in popularity is leaving them hardware (and perhaps bandwidth) strapped atm.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 09:30:19 AM

Their in-game browser blows chunks anyways.
Yes it does. But of all the Web sites in the world that should work well with their in-game browser you would think it would be their own Web site.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve site problems?  
Jump to: