Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:58:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Need some agent help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need some agent help  (Read 3169 times)
Wolf
Terracotta Army

on: January 21, 2006, 03:10:03 AM

So here's the deal, I've never ran agents so I don't really know what's going on there. The only level II agents that I have available are from Caldari Navy, the problem is that I fly Gallente and their offers aren't that good to me. I'm in the process of skilling up social and connections so I get a little standing boost, but being Caldari doesn't really help with getting a Gallente agent. The corp I'm interested in is Federal Navy or Federation Navy, something along those lines. I think that's Gallente's equivalent to Caldari Navy. The problem with those guys is that their agents (or at least the ones available to me) are in and around Syndicate (0.0 to 0.2 space). Crazy stuff, I ain't going to run level 1 missions in 0.0 space. So if there's someone who runs Gallente agents here and can give me a tip which corp to work for so that I can get Faction BPCs for combat ships. And is there a way to get Storyline missions for standing boost? Basicly any help with finding an agent to work for a corp that will give me Gallente stuff is welcome. My standing with Federal Navy is like -0.04 :(

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 03:25:56 AM

What's your standing with the Gallente faction? The game uses the higher of your faction or corp within that faction standing when determining what agents are available to you. A standing of 1.0 means you have access to Level 1 quality 0 agents, a standing of 2.0 means you have access to Level 2 quality 0 agents and so on. So if you want to access to better Fed Navy agents you can either try to increase the standing in that corp or raise your overall Gallente faction standing which would mean doing missions for other Gallente corps you may have access to, if any, which may be easier for you -- i.e. in higher sec space. You'll get a storyline mission for that corp after you run 16 or so missions for that corp. You'll also want the Diplomacy skill if your standing with the corp/faction is currently negative.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 06:47:32 AM

You'll also want the Diplomacy skill if your standing with the corp/faction is currently negative.
What exactly does Diplomacy do ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 09:32:12 AM

Diplomacy makes factions that you're negative with hate you less. You get a new storyline after doing 15 missions in a row without turning one down. Turning down or failing a mission resets the count. I'm not completely sure of this but I think each agent maintains his own count as well.

Wolf should be easily able to talk to level 2 fed navy agents if he trains his Connections skill to 3.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 09:39:34 AM

Manged to find a Federation Navy agent that doesn't want to send me to do missions in a system that had 150 ships destroyed over the last 24 hours in it. Regel helped me out ingame, so thanks a lot to him too :)
Here's a couple more questions: Should I do courier missions to get better standing faster or should I just do combat missions? And I should be able to do level 2 missions in a cruiser without problems, right?

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 10:11:03 AM

Combat missions provide much faster faction gains and have the added advantage of not driving you mad with boredom. And yes, level 2 missions should be just fine in a cruiser. Be careful though. Some of the new ones added in the last patch are actually challenging.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Need some agent help  
Jump to: