Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:16:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Can you sell a BPC to an NPC? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can you sell a BPC to an NPC?  (Read 5368 times)
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

on: January 20, 2006, 11:40:03 AM

I looted a Worm BP off of a Dread Gurista, and lo and behold there's a station nearby that says it's willing to pay 2.5mil ISK for it--but when I go to sell it, it tells me I need to repackage the bloody thing first.  Of course, I see no option for how to do that with a blueprint.

Am I just missing something obvious, or is it something more sinister (like it's actually asking to buy the completed ship and I have to build the damn ship first?)

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 12:01:37 PM

You got a Worm BP?  Lucky you.  You can't sell BPC's to NPC's, only BPO's (and I'm pretty sure you didn't get a BPO, if you did you are now a very rich bastard).  You can sell it on the escrow market, probably for about 7-10M.  Take it into Oursalaert, Jita, or Rens, that's where it will move fastest.  Keep putting it back up every day (you won't have to be there to put it in escrow).

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 12:04:23 PM

What is the difference between a Sell order in the Market and putting it in Escrow? Is it just the area covered? Is it that the market is restricted by your trade skills, while escrow covers the whole universe?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 12:05:51 PM

And, why put it up every day instead of listing it for a week?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 12:09:50 PM

Yeah, it's just a one-run copy.  I was hoping to pick up the easy cash to trick out my new Caracal, but it sounds like it's still well worth the wait on the escrow market.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 12:15:54 PM

Because BPC's drop off the global listing after 4 hours.  When selling something worth millions, the 850 isk escrow fee is trival, so you may as well keep rolling it over for maximum visibility.  I rolled my BPC's twice a day (for european and US peak hours) when I was working that market.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 12:43:24 PM

Obviously I am mistaken in what I thought the escrow market is.  This is not a "sell order" I think?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 01:03:20 PM

Escrow is in the mission area. It's a wonderful 2nd market. Full of BPC's and other nice things. We really need to get some corp BPO's for ships so I can start selling BPC's.....

Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 01:10:11 PM

Would you mind telling the level of bounty of the rat and the sec level of the zone he was in?
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 01:28:04 PM

45k Dread Guristas something-or-other in Erenta.  It's only 0.6, but very unpopulated so I can make the rounds of the asteroid belts killing spawns of two or three 7-11k bounty rats almost non-stop, with the ocassional 45-65k spawn thrown in.  Pulled in about 2.8 million in a couple easy days of hunting.

...but now that I've switched up to a cruiser, I need to find a better spot.

Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 01:43:41 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out since its only a few jumps from my base
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 04:15:13 PM

When you're ratting, you'll occasionally see an NPC with an unusually high bounty and a slightly modified name. Sansha -> True Sansha, Guristas -> Dread Guristas, Serpentis -> Shadow Serpentis.

These guys, slightly harder than normal NPCs, are rare spawns that drop all kinds of nice things, from BPOs to named modules - all kinds of oobar-lewts. Most of the drops (within a standard deviation or so) are around 2-8 mil on the escrow market and can't be sold on the normal market.

I've encountered them 3 times so far since I started, but I haven't been ratting all that much in the last 3 weeks.
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 05:08:59 PM

I got a Dual Pulse Beam Laser of some kind the other day. Wasn't named, but it sold for 650k on the market. One of the benefits of ratting vs running missions, or can missions have random named baddies too (aside from the named baddies who are supposed to be there)?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 05:14:33 PM

I don't know if rare rats can pop up in mission spawns, but certain missions seem to have special things you can pop to get cool loot. For example, when I blew up some extra structures during a kill-the-defector mission (I forget the exact name), I got a pair of decent hardwiring implants.

I would guess that rare rats don't spawn in missions since most missions seem to have a fixed set of predetermined spawns.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 05:24:41 PM

I don't know if rare rats can pop up in mission spawns, but certain missions seem to have special things you can pop to get cool loot. For example, when I blew up some extra structures during a kill-the-defector mission (I forget the exact name), I got a pair of decent hardwiring implants.

I would guess that rare rats don't spawn in missions since most missions seem to have a fixed set of predetermined spawns.

I get named stuff off the odd rat, but it's usually basics.  The missions with structures are nice, and that's where I got the 35mil implant that funded my Wolf the other night.  I run missions for the predictable, steady income that also means I don't have to be watching my back like a hawk worrying that someone will hunt me down and pod me in the middle of a fight.  L2 Missions I'm running now payout ~100k+ with a similar bonus, and the bounties on the mission spawns are ~25-50k.  L3s are almost double that.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 10:28:37 AM

The missions with structures are nice, and that's where I got the 35mil implant that funded my Wolf the other night.

/drool

Nice ship...I nearly blew one up last week when it jumped me while ratting. Scared the hell out of me, whatwith 6 autocannons and a Nosferatu pounding me, and he also warpjammed me.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Can you sell a BPC to an NPC?  
Jump to: