Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:00:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Playtimes and Operation Windows 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playtimes and Operation Windows  (Read 4362 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

on: January 20, 2006, 06:14:51 AM

Right now, with my 12-8 job (that's Midnight to 8am, heh), my EVE play has been somewhat limited to a few days, since people here seem to perfer to run things Very late in the night (for me, EST).

For me, I'm currently playing at night (generally) Sat - Tuesday evening. The job screws up the other days, as I come home, am up til midday, and then sleep until the late evening before work.

If people wanted to run small operations earlier in the night, like 8-10:30 or something, I could do that.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 07:31:52 AM

My times:

Saturday:  10am-5pm PST
Sunday: 10am-12pm PST*
*not during football

Those are my best times, I can prob make 90% of organized ops in those timeslots.  That's not to say I expect to be on that whole time otherwise but if something is happening and someone tells me I'll try to be there.

On the weekdays I could make an Op. if it was 7pm-10pm PST sometimes but that is much less then automatic.

*edit*  just to clarify, I only have mining 1 and amarr indy 1.  So I can slap basic cargo expanders on a Stower and get just shy of 9k cargo or I can clear rats in my Proph but I not going to be any help with any actual mining of anything.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 08:53:59 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 07:48:23 AM

Times are erratic at best.  I am most likely to be playing 2200-0100 EST or EST5DST, which is 0300-0600 GMT if your math is bad.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 08:16:25 AM

I can help out on mining ops if you lack manpower, but I doubt you'll hit my playtime windows - Weekdays 18GMT-23GMT, Weekends 10ishGMT-0GMT (can't get that in whatever-american-time :P)

I can haul in Iterion III and mine in a Brutix/Dominix pretty efficently :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 08:37:20 AM

I'm usually available anytime after 8pm Pacific most nights.

Wolf, if you can do hauling we don't really need you *there* while we are mining, as we can just setup a buncha secure cans and mine into those. Someone can come along and collect the ores some other time. Though, granted, we could mine a lot more if it was picked up as we mine. You can fill a giant can pretty fast.

We need folks to do other things that won't be tied to a schedule, like missions for BPOs and traders to find us the best prices for our ore (and then sell it), etc etc.

- Viin
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 08:48:37 AM

Once I get my caracal outfitted, I can look into guard duty. I'm not very experienced with pve, though, so pvp would probably be all about me losing my first cruiser, so I'm not too enthused about jumping into that for a while yet. I'm still pretty much a newbie because I worked learning skills.

I don't play much, so I'd have to get lucky on playtimes. Enjoying the company of my girlfriend and whatnot...I usually play EQ2 about an hour after she leaves for the night and that's about it. Maybe a weekend day if she's working or something.

You guys also mine half a galaxy away from where I pve (26 jumps to get that caracal, heh).
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 09:23:22 AM

I am available pretty much any time after 6 pm PST on weekdays (poker tourney every 3rd Thursday), and most of the time on weekends (especially Sunday afternoons after football season- my wife works almost every Sunday).

I have a baby hauler and a semi-tricked out frig- I can be of small assistance in mining or in mission running. Going to concentrate on finishing basic and advanced learning for Int and Mem in the next couple of weeks (first one is training to 5 as we speak), so I will be in need of cash from missions or big mining ops soon.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 09:47:06 AM

Weekdays 18GMT-23GMT, Weekends 10ishGMT-0GMT (can't get that in whatever-american-time :P)

Right now, Eastern US time is GMT-5.  In the summer it will be GMT-4.  I think they are calling it UTC now, but same as GMT.  Perhaps we should all be using UTC since that's what EVE uses.

I am getting my feet wet in the mineral market.  I need experience and a hauler to make the most of it (although refined minerals have low volume/unit), and more Trade skills.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 09:52:11 AM

I'm available when y'all see me.  Of late it's only been an hour or so after I've left the lastest WoW raid or I'm done PvPing.  This weekend I'll probably be on a bit more since I finally met the prereqs for Assult Ships, and sold a nice implant I found so I can buy and fit a new Wolf.  The training schedule right now has me at AS III on sunday at 2pm EST so I'll definatly be trying things out then, if not sooner.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 10:47:44 AM

My 'schedule', such as it is, tends to mean I can get into Eve weeknights after 7 PM Pacific (2 AM GMT right now), except on Mon/Fri, at which point it's 1-2 hours later. Weekends are extremely erratic; sometimes it's catass-catass-revolution and sometimes I don't get a chance to touch my computer at all.

That said, I can't really promise to be available at any single given time, but I can make an effort.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 11:19:29 AM

I'm available when y'all see me.  Of late it's only been an hour or so after I've left the lastest WoW raid or I'm done PvPing.  This weekend I'll probably be on a bit more since I finally met the prereqs for Assult Ships, and sold a nice implant I found so I can buy and fit a new Wolf.  The training schedule right now has me at AS III on sunday at 2pm EST so I'll definatly be trying things out then, if not sooner.

I really like the looks of that ship. I think I might make my next character a Minn.

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 01:19:12 PM

Classes startup again soon so my schedule will be:
Available between 2-6 pm followed by a class interuption until 9:30-10 pm on weekdays cept friday.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 02:58:27 PM

Generally on (Talan) Sat - 8pm - ?
Tuesday - 8pm - 12 or so
Wed - 8 - 12

And some oddball times during the weekdays and sunday night occassionally, or well into the a.m. if i have a insomnia nite.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
alaph
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 08:44:10 PM

Nintendo Controller AFK alot. Im usually on around down time and around midnigh evetime.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 10:17:37 AM

You guys also mine half a galaxy away from where I pve (26 jumps to get that caracal, heh).

My guy is Caldari, but for now he lives way down in Minmatar space. I haven't been back in Caldari space for a few weeks now.

Just set autopilot and watch TV for a half hour. Don't be a pussy.  evil

EDIT: For the Frigate-flying people who are feeling a bit...unneeded, don't feel that way. You can be very helpful for guard duty/PvP, especially if you want to...bite the bullet, and strap on something like a webber or warp jammer (or both) and harass intruders. I'd rather replace 3 fully-outfitted frigates out of my own pocket than continue to see people warp away from us because my cruiser is slow.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 10:21:49 AM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Playtimes and Operation Windows  
Jump to: