Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:55:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Freeport Rollcall 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Freeport Rollcall  (Read 4066 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: January 18, 2006, 07:14:44 PM

Just rolled up my evil character.  I am gonna be a Defiler.  Some please send me a guild invite, name is Olub.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 08:52:58 PM

Hey numbnuts, how about waiting for the PvP servers and the new class changes so you don't get burnt out on a class that sounds interesting?

Just sayin is all.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 08:58:01 PM

Hey numbnuts, how about waiting for the PvP servers and the new class changes so you don't get burnt out on a class that sounds interesting?

Just sayin is all.

I have to do it now.  FYI guild bank is shared between good/evil.  This makes things better.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 01:26:57 AM

Nebu, Level 10 Rogue (Brigand to be).

I want to see if the class is viable for the PvP server. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 08:42:09 AM

I have figured out the key to Freeport.  Use the sewer to travel from zone to zone.  I now enjoy Freeport.

schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 08:42:31 AM

I have figured out the key to Freeport.  Use the sewer to travel from zone to zone.  I now enjoy Freeport.

That's how I did it in beta.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 12:14:09 PM

I am at level 12 on my evil guy.  I am so lonely.  I like playing a healer, but it is definitely tough trying to solo, hint hint.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 02:47:14 PM

I plan to start playing more on Steamfont.  I have a rogue/brigand atm but will happily roll something else if it is more beneficial for a regular group.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 09:30:39 AM

Helmet - troll fighter

finished the newbie island today.

For some reason my client is fucked up and I can't log in.

I'll have to install the "real" client to enter freeport, right ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 11:14:51 AM

Helmet - troll fighter

finished the newbie island today.

For some reason my client is fucked up and I can't log in.

Yes.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 12:02:27 PM

That's how I did it in beta.
That's how Qeynos can be done too. Works well. Not sure what's changed since beta, but once you hit level 9, nothing would aggro you if you stuck to the main corridors.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 01:02:36 PM

Just sayin is all.

Any idea when the pvp servers are coming out? Im desperate for some thing to play, and getting burnt on WoW.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 05:19:17 PM

Morph, it's worth a go at 20 bucks.  Just give it a try, regardless of PvP.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 06:15:29 PM

It doesn't say anything like that on the buddy key that I sent you.  It just says a 7 day free trial with full access to Station Players.  Nothing about it being restricted to n00bie island.  If you are to believe EQ2's own literature, you should be able to enter the main game as long as it's within 7 days.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 07:30:56 PM

My friend and I are starting in Freeport. I really wanted to be an assassin and he reminded me that we could go to the other cities without doing the crazy ass betrayal quest. I'm Eckae and he's Fheir. Right now Predator (me) and Bard.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 11:37:34 PM

It doesn't say anything like that on the buddy key that I sent you.  It just says a 7 day free trial with full access to Station Players.  Nothing about it being restricted to n00bie island.  If you are to believe EQ2's own literature, you should be able to enter the main game as long as it's within 7 days.
The problem is, that I have the "trial of the isle" client installed at the moment. It looks like it is not possible to "upgrade" the client to the full version. Now I am trying to get my hands on a cheap English version of EQ2, since I despise German localisation in computer games

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 07:01:51 AM

The problem is, that I have the "trial of the isle" client installed at the moment. It looks like it is not possible to "upgrade" the client to the full version. Now I am trying to get my hands on a cheap English version of EQ2, since I despise German localisation in computer games
I think that this link: http://download.station.sony.com/patch/download/eq2/eq2-us.zip will get you the proper client that will then update itself and bring up the full launcher.  Then it will take a long, long time but it should download and install the full version of the game.

I'm going to roll a couple alts as well, a scout and a priest for now.  Thinking of going brigand and defiler.  Once LU19 goes in I will make a qeynos tank of some kind too, just so that I have one of each basic class.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 06:15:35 AM

I think that this link: http://download.station.sony.com/patch/download/eq2/eq2-us.zip will get you the proper client that will then update itself and bring up the full launcher.  Then it will take a long, long time but it should download and install the full version of the game.
That fixed it, but you were right, it was a looooong download (6 hours if I recall right)

edited to say: Thank you very much.

Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 08:55:24 AM

I'm in! This is my second time to resub, and I can't believe how much better the game is.

Evil Freeport Gnome Dirge named Barre. I'll end up rolling a Troll tank if needed, because I always end up playing tank characters in these games.

Thanks for the invite to Bat Country.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Freeport Rollcall  
Jump to: