Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:08:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: My noobness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My noobness  (Read 18280 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: January 18, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

I am spending my efforts on raising the learning skills, and otherwise I have put most of my efforts into mining and refining or semi-random skills, such as a couple hours to get missile skills to install a light launcher with Bloodclaws.  I figure I will spend some time in gimp-land but I have been thinking I might be missing out on something.  Example: I am already having issues with the suitability of frigates for mining operations and obviously need to get some ship skills up.  Still, I would like to hear some opinions or even wild speculation on doing a mining focus in EVE.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 11:37:03 AM

If you take the Industrial ship skill you get a ship with around 3000 cargo capacity and you can mount one mining laser on it.

If you skill up to cruiser the highest french cruiser cargo capacity is 600 but you can add expanders to it. I don't remember how many slots for mining lasers that cruiser has but there are also mining drones you can get. Or you could add cargo expanders to your frigate (I think).
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 11:41:25 AM

Can get 3 mining lasers with a 20% yield bonus on the caldorian cruiser. Also has like 20M3 of drone space and 450M3 of cargo space.

Was a great mining setup. Then I got stuck on a rock.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 11:55:42 AM

Doing a mining focus is completely viable, although you'll increase your output by getting a buddy to haul for you.

Most races have a low-level cruiser (cruiser skill 1 or 2) that gives a +20% bonus to mining laser yield per level of cruiser skill. Usually, this sort of ship can mount 3 Miner IIs (the standard lasers that require mining 4) and it's an excellent ship to mine in, both solo and in groups. Solo, you can usually fit a few antifrigate weapons and float a few drones which will let you fight off highsec asteroid-belt rats without too much interruption of your mining ops. In groups, you're a relatively speedy and portable mining machine with a very respectable output rate. For Caldari it's the Osprey.

The three main skill tracks for mining are:

Mining -> Astrogeology
Refining -> Refinery Efficiency
Drones -> Drone Interfacing (and ancillary drone skills)

Doing the first two will also let you eventually use modulated mining lasers with mining crystals that boost your output to really impressive levels; they're also a large part of the requirements for a Mining Barge, which is one of two possible targets for a high-volume miner. The drone skills are useful since level 3 in drones (and the proper selection of drones to float) should let you mine without a full-time guardian in highsec space.

In the long term, you're looking at either battleship mining or mining barge mining. Battleship mining, from what I understand, basically involves getting Amarr Battleships and fitting an Apocalypse with a huge number of mining lasers. Amarr ships are built for using lasers as their primary weapons and so can fit more mining lasers than any other race's battleships. Battleships are also extremely durable.

Mining barges are big, slow tubs with unsurpassed range and output compared to their peers. They're also made of tissue paper. I can mine without protection in my Retriever mining barge in 0.5 space with Drones 4, but some spawns still require warping-out and repairing. A Retriever's output is roughly 20% more per minute than a decently-fitted mining cruiser; a Covetor, from what I understand, is almost impossible to beat in terms of output.

Mining Barges will also let you mine ice; ice mining products are required for POS operations.

In the short term, while still in a frigate, the essential skills to get are refining 4 and mining 4; you may also want to pick up astrogeology 4 after completing mining 4 since it's another +20% output bonus, but that's postponable.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 12:08:19 PM

I am spending my efforts on raising the learning skills, and otherwise I have put most of my efforts into mining and refining or semi-random skills, such as a couple hours to get missile skills to install a light launcher with Bloodclaws.  I figure I will spend some time in gimp-land but I have been thinking I might be missing out on something.  Example: I am already having issues with the suitability of frigates for mining operations and obviously need to get some ship skills up.  Still, I would like to hear some opinions or even wild speculation on doing a mining focus in EVE.
Here are some newb minings tips from another newb player.

Frigate mining is certainly possible in higher sec space -- either get the mining specific Frigate for your race or the Frigate with the largest cargo hold. For Gallente that's either the Imicus (largest cargo hold) or the Navitas (mining specific). I went with the Imicus since the Navitas cargo bonuses didn't get it close to the Imicus's cargo hold and the Imicus is their Electronic Warfare ship which means it has more than enough CPU to power dual Miner 1 lasers while on the Navitas dual Miner 1s won't leave much extra CPU to power other modules (not that you need much more if you are just mining). In 0.8 - 0.7 space I could mine with just the Imicus using drones as my defense (another reason to use the Imicus it has a 15m3 drone bay vs 5m3 in the Navitas). In 0.5 space, though, that was not enough and so I setup two ships in my preferred 0.5 mining system, my Imicus for mining and my Tristan for combat and when the Pirates would appear I would warp back and get my Tristan.

Once you can get a Destroyer mining becomes easier in 0.5 systems since you can fit dual Mining 1 lasers and multiple combat weapons on it so you can mine and fight without having to warp back and get another ship. That's what I'm currently using (a Catalyst) to mine the ore needed to build my Vexor Cruiser (bought a BPC from Escrow).

Another tip is to setup "insta" bookmarks to and from the station to make drop offs as quick as possible since you won't have any significant hauling capability at the beginning stages to setup Huge or Giant Secure Containers in the area to drop your ore into.

Edit: actually I was able to fit 3 Mining 1 lasers on my Catalyst, not two.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 12:29:40 PM by Trippy »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 12:18:38 PM

Getting certed for an hauler and getting anchoring to place a secure container would also be a good plan.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 12:35:27 PM

I've got a couple of giant secure containers around, I can bring those to wherever we end up doing our mining ops.

I think the most of us are on Saturday night, so that might be a good night to plan on doing a group activity (mining or otherwise).

- Viin
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 01:11:02 PM

Thanks for the tips, everyone.  I am not opposed to joining the corp mining effort, but my time is limited this week.  I can stockpile tritanium, pyrerite and mexallon if there is need, but mostly I am selling it so as to buy that cruiser.  I had 1.2 mil ISK last check; if mineral prices stop dropping I might be able to get 2mil next week.

I have the "mining bonus" French frigate (Navitas), with ~344m3 cargo (two Basic Expander I or somesuch) and two Mining I lasers.  One mining drone but he is only somewhat helpful and not worth mention.  With two laser cycles (120 seconds) I can get ~840 units of plagioclase, almost filling my hold, at which point I dump at the station, or maybe get another 90 units but that takes another cycle.  I naturally have instas set up to all of the belts.

My most recent idea to boost things short-term, which I can't remember the elements of, involved reducing the laser cycle time below the stock 60 seconds.  That would be great, but I will still be warping a lot.  High volume, I think, is key, for which I need a hauler.  Or some way to throw a rope around a container and pull it.  Using the Imicus might be a good idea; I will have to look at the specs and think about it.

I recently fit a Miner II on my Navitas but immediately realized that activating both lasers would completely drain my capacitor.  Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.  I decided I needed a cruiser at that point.

Most races have a low-level cruiser (cruiser skill 1 or 2) that gives a +20% bonus to mining laser yield per level of cruiser skill. Usually, this sort of ship can mount 3 Miner IIs (the standard lasers that require mining 4) and it's an excellent ship to mine in, both solo and in groups. Solo, you can usually fit a few antifrigate weapons and float a few drones which will let you fight off highsec asteroid-belt rats without too much interruption of your mining ops. In groups, you're a relatively speedy and portable mining machine with a very respectable output rate. For Caldari it's the Osprey.

The froggy one I was looking at is the Exqeror.  I totally misspelled that name.  A second alternative is the one with a huge drone bay, but smaller cargo.  I might look this shit up but eve-online.com isn't responding to me right now.

Mining -> Astrogeology

I seem to be on track in this department, but postponing Drone skills a bit since I don't have a ship with a decent drone bay.  Drone lv 2, mining drone lv 1 or 2.

In the short term, while still in a frigate, the essential skills to get are refining 4 and mining 4; you may also want to pick up astrogeology 4 after completing mining 4 since it's another +20% output bonus, but that's postponable.

I have Mining 4 and Refining 4 already.  I had not looked at Astrogeology but another quick 20% would be nice, and I would feel better about selecting ships just on cargo space.  I will work on those skills after mem and int learning skills hit 5.  I expect Instant Recall to be lv 5 early this Friday, then another five days for the intelligence one.

I see that I will want to go the barge route.  My perception is absolutely terrible, so I am very interested in making sure I don't waste time on ship lines I will never use.

I have enough Anchoring to field a container, and I even have one somewhere, however since the ship I would use to carry it to the belt is also my mining frigate it seems silly to mine into a container at this time.  Postponed.

I took a break from mining to run missions, hoping to cut back on that 5% refining tax.  My standing with the U. of Caille has increased a TINY bit, so I am starting to think that I should spend more time on amassing money instead of standing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 01:36:46 PM

I'd mine somewhere closer to the base and ask a corpmate to drive the indy out to pick up your ore.

Yoru

Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 04:47:51 PM

Thanks for the tips, everyone.  I am not opposed to joining the corp mining effort, but my time is limited this week.  I can stockpile tritanium, pyrerite and mexallon if there is need, but mostly I am selling it so as to buy that cruiser.  I had 1.2 mil ISK last check; if mineral prices stop dropping I might be able to get 2mil next week.

I have the "mining bonus" French frigate (Navitas), with ~344m3 cargo (two Basic Expander I or somesuch) and two Mining I lasers.  One mining drone but he is only somewhat helpful and not worth mention.  With two laser cycles (120 seconds) I can get ~840 units of plagioclase, almost filling my hold, at which point I dump at the station, or maybe get another 90 units but that takes another cycle.  I naturally have instas set up to all of the belts.

My most recent idea to boost things short-term, which I can't remember the elements of, involved reducing the laser cycle time below the stock 60 seconds.  That would be great, but I will still be warping a lot.  High volume, I think, is key, for which I need a hauler.  Or some way to throw a rope around a container and pull it.  Using the Imicus might be a good idea; I will have to look at the specs and think about it.

I recently fit a Miner II on my Navitas but immediately realized that activating both lasers would completely drain my capacitor.  Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.  I decided I needed a cruiser at that point.

The froggy one I was looking at is the Exqeror.  I totally misspelled that name.  A second alternative is the one with a huge drone bay, but smaller cargo.  I might look this shit up but eve-online.com isn't responding to me right now.

Mining -> Astrogeology

I seem to be on track in this department, but postponing Drone skills a bit since I don't have a ship with a decent drone bay.  Drone lv 2, mining drone lv 1 or 2.

I have Mining 4 and Refining 4 already.  I had not looked at Astrogeology but another quick 20% would be nice, and I would feel better about selecting ships just on cargo space.  I will work on those skills after mem and int learning skills hit 5.  I expect Instant Recall to be lv 5 early this Friday, then another five days for the intelligence one.

I see that I will want to go the barge route.  My perception is absolutely terrible, so I am very interested in making sure I don't waste time on ship lines I will never use.

I have enough Anchoring to field a container, and I even have one somewhere, however since the ship I would use to carry it to the belt is also my mining frigate it seems silly to mine into a container at this time.  Postponed.

I took a break from mining to run missions, hoping to cut back on that 5% refining tax.  My standing with the U. of Caille has increased a TINY bit, so I am starting to think that I should spend more time on amassing money instead of standing.

The barge route requires:
 Astrogeology 4
 Industry 5
 Mining 4
 Science 4
 SS Command 4 (I think, might be 3)
 Mining Barge 3

Astrogeology requires science 4 and mining 4 to start, I think, and gives a +5% bonus to output per level.

Aside from Barge and SS Command, those are all int/mem skills. Since you're raising your learnings to 5, you may want to consider investing 9mil in the advanced int/mem skills and bringing those to 3 or 4. I can help out with interest-free loans to get people those advanced skills; they significantly reduce training time for skills of ranks higher than 2.

For mining cruisers, output is what matters to you (especially if you have an indy and a secure can to mine into), so I'd recommend going with the cruiser that gives +x% output.

If you already have frigate 3 and SS command 3, you may consider investing in getting industrial 1 and an Iteron, which has a base of 3000m3 cargo space, enough to tow one of the larger secure containers around. Head to a belt, anchor the can, set the password, and then get your mining frigate to fill the damn thing. Haul as appropriate. If you feel really safe in your mining system, you could just mine into a jetcan instead of a secure can. Getting the industrial skill and a base-level indy generally costs about 1mil.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 05:24:19 PM

I see all these costs in millions of 'Isk'...  And it seems pretty common to have these kinds of numbers.  Is everyone in EVE just fabulously wealthy, or what?  If you have 100 million Isk, can't you retire to a planet and live the rest of your life in style?  Or does the Empire just have a bad inflation problem... or like the Yen, just an inherently low value?

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 05:45:13 PM

I have two Covetor barges. That's the large one.

I mine in 0.5 with 5 hammerhead drones for protection.

With the skills for a large barge you can mine ~1000 m3 per minute.

Fit two alpha expanders and your barge can hold 6170 m3. Create an insta for the station and one for each belt and you can zip back and forth quite well without even having to use a hauler.

It's some training but you can mine easily as the re-cycle time on the Strip miners is 3 minutes so you don't have to pay as much attention.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 06:04:02 PM

I see all these costs in millions of 'Isk'...  And it seems pretty common to have these kinds of numbers.  Is everyone in EVE just fabulously wealthy, or what?  If you have 100 million Isk, can't you retire to a planet and live the rest of your life in style?  Or does the Empire just have a bad inflation problem... or like the Yen, just an inherently low value?
It's more like the costs are high because you are buying military hardware. If you think of it that way, the value of an single ISK is pretty high relative to today's currency -- e.g. 30K - 300K ISK for a Frigate class starship, 800K for a Destroyer, 3 million for a Crusier and so on. How much does it cost the US Navy to build a destroyer these days? A few hundred million US$ at least I would guess. I know a crusier costs >1 billion.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 06:47:15 PM

I don't understand your concern about cargo space. Sure, it's important when you're mining directly into your hold and going back to the station but for real mining you'll be putting that ore into a jet can or secure container. Your hold just has to be big enough to contain a single mining cycle's worth of ore.  And if it's not you just stick a cargo expander or two on until it is.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 06:25:47 AM

For you miners, just call on me to guard ya if you feel the need. Heck, it's what I am built to do. I just ask that you consider sharing a portion of the profits, because I could be ratting instead of waiting for trouble while you mine.  wink

I haven't taken a cut from mining in...awhile. We need more people in cruisers.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 07:10:27 AM

Bear in mind the mining barges big brother is in the game now - The Exhumers<sp?>

The Hulk is the largest of the large, no idea how available they are, hell I only just finished certing for the basic barge
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 07:48:44 AM

For you miners, just call on me to guard ya if you feel the need. Heck, it's what I am built to do. I just ask that you consider sharing a portion of the profits, because I could be ratting instead of waiting for trouble while you mine.  wink

In every corp I've ever heard of the guards and haulers get a full share of the profits.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 08:08:07 AM

The last few mining runs they did were exclusivly for Cruiser building, I believe.  I won't pretend to know the innerworkings of their corp.

I will hang out for a bit next time, though. I have this itch to blow up people.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 08:20:38 AM

Well cruiser building as a special project is different. As long as everyone gets a turn when they need their new ship I think that's fair. But for just a regular mining op where you want to make money it's normal to give everyone that participates an even share with possibly another share for the corp wallet.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 08:53:19 AM

Oh, I know. I have received money for guard duty before.

But then we realized that only Yaeru was running a cruiser, while everyone else was in frigates - this severely limited our system choices for mining. But with 2 Caracals, our miners are now a much less-attractive target for pirates.

We want to go even deeper into low-sec and go hunt bastard pirates, so we need more cruisers. The corp helped put me into a cruiser, so it's at least fair for me to put others into bigger ships if it benefits everyone.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 09:03:19 AM

Don't bother with barges unless you're gonna go all the way to covetor (a good couple of months training).

A brutix (gallante battlecruiser) can fit 7 miner II with co-procs in the lowslots.  That'll outmine a medium barge, can actually defend itself and it's useful in combat.  That's your best best until you're into BS or covetors.

Also don't forget the new mining foreman skill. :)  Only requires leadership 1 and gives everyone in the gang 2% output per level.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 09:28:29 AM

Nice tip,

By the by, my Prophecy will definitely be up and running again on Saturday, the modules have been purchased, as well as the ship I may put it together Friday or I may go get drunk (expecting the latter).  It will not be uber (I want to take up all the armor speciality skills to 4 next week) but it should work.  So you can add 6 heavy beam's and what I hope will shake out to be a fairly solid armor tank to our protective abilities for a weekend op.

I'm available Saturday 10am-5pm PST and Sunday all day when football isn't on.  But I'd be nice if we could arrange what time we're going to shoot for today because I do need to finish my AV grind in WoW (need >6k for exalted) so I wont be checking on EvE unless I'm expecting there to be an Op.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 10:06:26 AM

I don't understand your concern about cargo space. Sure, it's important when you're mining directly into your hold and going back to the station but for real mining you'll be putting that ore into a jet can or secure container. Your hold just has to be big enough to contain a single mining cycle's worth of ore.  And if it's not you just stick a cargo expander or two on until it is.

My only concern here is a short-term one.  My largest cargo bay is 344m3, so I would be able to take out a ~300m3 secure container.  That ship is also my mining frigate.  So if I mine and load up the container, I still have to make two trips in the Navitas to get the ore to the refinery.  Since I don't have a hauler yet.  Once I get to the point where I have a ship with great mining ability but not-great cargo space, and another ship with a huge hold, then I'll do container mining.  Unless I am missing out on something, that seems to be the thing to do.

Don't bother with barges unless you're gonna go all the way to covetor (a good couple of months training).

A brutix (gallante battlecruiser) can fit 7 miner II with co-procs in the lowslots.  That'll outmine a medium barge, can actually defend itself and it's useful in combat.  That's your best best until you're into BS or covetors.

Also don't forget the new mining foreman skill. :)  Only requires leadership 1 and gives everyone in the gang 2% output per level.

Ah, thanks.  I am definitely going all the way with this industrial stuff.  I have done combat in every MMOG I have played other than UO, and while I don't have any aversion to combat, it is definitely on the back burner.  Given the option of additionally learning battlecruiser with a base 3 perception, or going directly through the barge and hauler lines, I'll take the less time-consuming route.  At this point it would be ludicrous for me to spend serious time on combat skills with this character given his attributes; I'd roll up a new guy for that.  Also, I am planning on doing trade, and having skill with the largest of the large haulers will allow me to make a profilt on smaller margins.  But that's a while off.

Regarding corp contributions, once I get into a good mining routine I expect to supply F13 with minerals and cash on a regular basis.  Details are hazy at the moment, but historically I am pretty generous with my guildmates.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 10:10:15 AM

Alkiera

Aside from what Trippy said, what you might not know is that you buy ammunition by the round.  Prices for those are pretty low, depending on the type.  I think the small iridium hybrid shells I usually use are something like 3-4 ISK per shell.  Some of the more combat-oriented people here, like Strazos, can tell you how much ammunition you can expect to burn in a typical day.

WayAbvPar

Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 10:32:38 AM

Speaking of ammo- do we have folks that can manufacture it cheaply? I go through it like crazy and am tired of having to pay higher prices just to get it in a convenient area. Maybe let me know what minerals are needed and add a small service fee? Eventually I will be in a place to make my own, but that is a few months down the road most likely.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006, 10:33:15 AM

Actually, prices tend towards deflation in general, with things getting cheaper over time, overall.  But things can get expensive as you move up the ladder, a well-equipped cruiser runs 10M, a Interceptor 20M, a HAC (Heavy Assault Cruiser) 70M, a battleship 100-130M, and then you get in Player Owned Stations in the hundreds of millions to billions (if fitted out for defense), Dreadnoughts for the low billions (can only be used in low-sec space, and need a pathfinder to change systems), carriers for the same price range, and Motherships/Titans for tens of billions (no one has actually built anything bigger than the dreadnoughts yet yet, although the alliances are all scrambling to do so).

In Empire, a BS is the result of months worth of work, in 0.0 it's "Easy come, easy go", you can earn enough for a BS in a week's play max.  Dreadnoughts and carriers are a stretch for a good 0.0 corp, motherships and titans are for big alliances and the very richest corps (Stain has 2000 members and one of the most productive regions, and can field 7 dreads).  There are a handful of individuals with that kind of wealth, but they didn't get there by squandering it on the biggest ships around.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 10:38:28 AM

Speaking of ammo- do we have folks that can manufacture it cheaply? I go through it like crazy and am tired of having to pay higher prices just to get it in a convenient area. Maybe let me know what minerals are needed and add a small service fee? Eventually I will be in a place to make my own, but that is a few months down the road most likely.

I just started looking at making ammo myself.  I like EMP, Proton and Phased Plama shells, but very few people make or sell it reasonably close to the quantities I need or an ammount I want to pay.  ( I buy in lots of 4000 rounds, minimum.)  The problem is finding not only the research space to reduce mineral costs, but training-up all the other skills so you can produce efficiently.  Takes time away from my combat skill training..

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #27 on: January 19, 2006, 10:43:26 AM

I only have a BPO for small thorium hybrid right now, since it's the best small hybrid that I am able to make with the three minerals I refine from plagioclase.  I am going to scout out some .7 belts soon so I might be able to make other stuff later.

Like Merusk, I need to find a place to research mineral cost.

Yoru

Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 10:44:02 AM

The last few mining runs they did were exclusivly for Cruiser building, I believe.  I won't pretend to know the innerworkings of their corp.

I will hang out for a bit next time, though. I have this itch to blow up people.

The last few mining runs were, indeed, to get everyone in cruisers. The last three ships were put in the oven last night; I'll pull them out when I get on late tonight. It was less a consensus among the corp and more a couple of us looking at the profits we were making with omber stripping, looking at how many people were still in frigates, and just deciding to go for it.

I have a Scourge heavy missile BPO researched up. If you want to supply the minerals (small amounts of trit, pyerite and nocx; nothing you can't pull in a few minutes mining scordite and pyroxeres), I'll run the blueprint through the factory for you.

Being able to make your own ammo doesn't take too long; you need the industry and science skills at a dead minimum. Tech1 ammo BPOs sell for a few hundred thousand isk from the standard market and take a day to research up to the appropriate level (I prefer ME 10). You won't recoup the cost of the BPO (vs. buying the ammo) for a long time, but even if you move to 0.0, you'll always have an ammo supply so long as you have minerals and a factory slot.

I haven't been using my research capabilities, so I can research up BPOs if you need it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 10:49:53 AM

Am I able to drop my BPO in a corp hangar (at the Gall HQ I assume) and someone else pick it up?

Yoru

Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 11:31:58 AM

Provided they have access to that particular hangar, I think that's possible.

If someone has the appropriate permissions with the corp, they can also run blueprints in corp hangars directly, without having to remove them from those hangars, provided that the appropriate materials are present. (There's a special tab in the science&research UI for corp blueprints.)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 19, 2006, 01:29:16 PM

There's a couple of hangars open to everyone (Items, Skills, Ammo, and Private). Everyone can also run jobs with Corp Blueprints, so if you drop something into the Blueprint hangar you can run jobs with it still, but you won't be able to get it back out without asking a director or the base's XO (which hasn't been setup yet).

It looks like Grimpyone and WayAbvPar are our new Directors, who will have the same corp access as the CEO (me). Strazos was 1 vote behind both of them, so we'll probably be nice and give him an XO or other department head position.

On another note, it looks like they are going to be setting up a new hardware cluster in mid-Feb. That'll be nice!

- Viin
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 01:37:50 PM

Mmm yea, i'm much in the same position. If i'm on and people are planning to go mining, let me know. I'm not all that useful in combat (being in a frigate and all) but i'm nice and fast and i can scout systems/belts for nasty things.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
WayAbvPar

Reply #33 on: January 19, 2006, 01:55:46 PM

There are some decent roid fields in Hror and Hek (just a couple jumps from Onga and Rens). From what I have heard, that is potential highway from 0.0, but I rarely see anyone else in Hror in particular. Get some instas set, be on alert for newcomers in local, and we can mine the crap out of that system with a few folks. I think it is a .5 system, so any NPC rats are small enough to take on with a frig, and big enough to give some sort of cash incentive for doing so.

Holler at me if you are interested- I have a frig for defense, or a hauler for mining, so I can do whatever is needed.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 04:23:49 AM

I'm just about to start playing with my 'cloaked ninja miner' (read cheap ass frigate with cloaking device to go mining in low sec space).

I'm not expecting big things, was just a goal to work towards
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: My noobness  
Jump to: