Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:56:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Question on new class selection process in LU 19 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question on new class selection process in LU 19  (Read 12338 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: January 17, 2006, 04:56:08 PM

Where can I get some info on the new classes I can choose from at creation? Is this posted anywhere or is it just too early? I'd like to get an idea on what to start with. I always prefer to go caster, but there seems a number of options there. Since I've got some time, I wouldn't mind doing some reading.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 05:29:24 PM

I don't think there are any new classes, you just get to pick the final class at the beginning.  So Instead of choosing "Mage" you can go straight to Necromancer.

Two dozen whiny class boards.  I would just pick whichever has the shortest "OMG we r broken SOE fix us now!!1" thread.  Actually that's unfair, the official eq2 boards are okay.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 07:00:40 PM

If you want a mage, conjuror and necro are as if every wild fantasy of EQ1 mages and necros was totally fulfilled. Everything works and the package is a load of fun. And no "misery balancing" where you suck in a group because you have to be punished in a group if you solo easily.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 05:13:12 AM

Thanks. I wasn't sure if the abilities an end-class were being directly translated down. Someone (Soukyan?) said or cross-posted that under the new system all abilities that "define" a class will be granted by level 20.

It's good to hear Conjurer/Necro is viable. I loved my Warlock in WoW, and would have liked my EQ1 Magician if not for the gawdawful downtime. I like having a pet. I don't like sitting back and watching it do everything. And ATMs are what you find at banks.

I'll check it out!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 06:06:14 AM

Two dozen whiny class boards.  I would just pick whichever has the shortest "OMG we r broken SOE fix us now!!1" thread.  Actually that's unfair, the official eq2 boards are okay.

There is still A LOT of whining on those boards but the vast majority of it seems very trivial which tells me that most classes are fairly well balanced.

I think a good indicator is to look at the board with the most amount of posts in the arch-type you want to play, chances are that's the one that's easiest to play (most attention, most people playing it, most and loudest whining for fixes, most class specific gear available, etc...)

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 06:21:31 AM

You can do some searches on this site, I think you can also use sony's website if you are paying the extra money to access it.

I didn't know conjurors were so popular, last time I left there weren't very many of us:
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 06:46:18 AM

The nice thing about the class change, to me, is that the breadth of a class happens sooner. I hate one-trick-pony classes, always preferring hybrid for sheer options alone.

Given the changes, I'm having a tough time between Warlock, Wizard or Conjuror. The forums have some great info in the FAQs for both, and a notably good section in the Necro one about their differences from Conjuror. But they all seem to have good abilities for solo and grouping against one or multiple targets.

This is not the EQ2 I remember.

Oh, and to my earlier question, someone at Summoner's Tower posted the new 1-20 spell progression for Conjuror and Necro. Looks like a lot of the changes are supplementary to the base Mage line in those two cases. Very clear dilineation between those two classes already, helping me lean towards Conjuror.

I hope to see something similar for Warlocks and Wizards before LU19 goes live.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 06:56:33 AM

That clenches it, I'm gonna be a class way on the right side of that picture when the revision comes out. I picked Conjurer and knew nothing about the game. That pisses me off a bit. I think like *them.*
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 06:59:24 AM

That's ok. There are still more Wizards than Conjurors and Warlocks on Steamfont, according to this tool/addon.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 07:12:10 AM

That clenches it, I'm gonna be a class way on the right side of that picture when the revision comes out. I picked Conjurer and knew nothing about the game. That pisses me off a bit. I think like *them.*

That means you have to be evil.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 07:18:39 AM

I'll be evil with you.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 07:19:53 AM

Neg, I can be a troubador, brigand, or illusionist.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 07:26:05 AM

Neg, I can be a troubador, brigand, or illusionist.

Brigands are evil, moron.
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 07:28:08 AM

Then I can't be a brigand. See how little I care about the evil classes? It's because Freeport ISN'T INTERESTING.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 07:30:35 AM

Then I can't be a brigand. See how little I care about the evil classes? It's because Freeport ISN'T INTERESTING.

You said far right. The three furthest right are evil.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 09:49:20 AM

He said on the "right side"  :-D That's everything east of Assassin.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 09:56:04 AM

He said on the "right side"  :-D That's everything east of Assassin.

Actually he said "way on the right side". That means either Defiler, Brigand, Coercer or Cheney.

That clenches it, I'm gonna be a class way on the right side of that picture
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 11:37:26 AM

... or Cheney.

No, there can be only one.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 01:43:38 PM

You guys argue about ANYTHING.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 01:48:08 PM

I rolled a brigand to be on the right side of the chart... and I don't care if I'm evil.  I'm having a ball right now and am surprised about it. 

I've soloed and duoed like 15 toons to 20-30.  This being the case, I'm wondering if evil characters can group with good? I assume that they can, the only real difference between the factions being on RP and PvP servers.  Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 02:24:50 PM

You guys argue about ANYTHING.
NO WE DON'T!!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 02:34:33 PM

I rolled a brigand to be on the right side of the chart... and I don't care if I'm evil.  I'm having a ball right now and am surprised about it. 

I've soloed and duoed like 15 toons to 20-30.  This being the case, I'm wondering if evil characters can group with good? I assume that they can, the only real difference between the factions being on RP and PvP servers.  Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Lets test this out tonight.  I will be on around 11pm EST, and Ill log my assassin on and get him in the guild (assuming one of you are on).  This should help avoid heartache.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006, 02:36:39 PM

The only current limitation on good and evil interactions is the ability to trade/mail/share bank slots, and they are patching that away in 19.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006, 02:39:45 PM

Cheddar, if you can actually guild up an evil guy and we can group and everything....I guess I'll start an alt.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 02:52:44 PM

Cheddar, if you can actually guild up an evil guy and we can group and everything....I guess I'll start an alt.

I love my swashbuckler too much to play evil.  I will say that starting as a troll and doing the betrayal quest has given me a massive edge over most.  I have superior strength and endurance compared to the wimpy (good) races;  my carrying capacity is like 465+.  This means I can carry 2 boxes that each hold 24 slots, 3 actually but I like having a good 100+ cushion, so will be a few levels before I move up to 3 boxes.  And I have tons of strength which is damage ++. 

One thing about evil; the first 20+ levels are much more fun then in Qeynos.  The barrens is lovely and the quests are pretty fun.  City sucks, so I guess that would be the tradeoff.

Hmmm.... playing an inquisitor is a tempting thing though.  Allow me to ponder this some; we already have guildies rolled up as evil so at least we would have a small group there as well.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 18, 2006, 03:22:38 PM

NECRO
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #26 on: January 18, 2006, 03:32:44 PM

I'll make an evil alt.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 04:46:08 PM

One major factor for me would be wether we (as a guild) are moving to one of the brand new PvP servers. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006, 04:55:32 PM

I want to. Badly.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 18, 2006, 04:57:06 PM

I'd go even though I know that the current class imbalances would make pvp a bit of a nightmare early.  Must be my DAoC bloodlust.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 04:59:23 PM

Will they be offering character transfers?  There is so much information floating around it is tough to keep track!

schild
Administrator

Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006, 05:00:32 PM

Probably on the SO-Ebay server they will. I <3 fresh servers though. I hope one is transfer free. I'd love to have a chance to be the first on a server to actually discover something.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006, 05:03:21 PM

Bah, moving to a pvp server would affect my class choice.

Stealth ftw.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #33 on: January 18, 2006, 05:10:07 PM

OK count me in.  I will be rolling a defiler tonight around 10pm EST.

FYI, the other evil classes look pretty fucking rad. 

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/classes/guide.vm?classId=99&id=20

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 05:20:56 PM by Cheddar »

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 18, 2006, 05:23:42 PM

Necro here.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Question on new class selection process in LU 19  
Jump to: