Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:19:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Question about the upcoming 19a patch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about the upcoming 19a patch  (Read 2557 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: January 17, 2006, 02:24:37 PM

I'll try to keep a long story short:   I decided to delete my wizard today and roll a scout to join Bat Country.  Since I've always loved the ratonga race, I rolled a ratonga scout that I plan to level up as an assassin.  Being that you guys are all in Qeynos, I considered that I may jump ship and do the betrayal quest when it occurred to me:

Q: What will happen with the betrayal quest when players are allowed to select their profession at level 1?  Will it just become a faction quest allowing Freeport players to access Qeynos and vice-versa?  What about ability/spell vendors etc?

With the current level cap, you can't select your level 20 class until you betray, so it's a non-issue.  If anyone has read anything, please let me know.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 03:35:53 PM

Gallenite wrote:

Many apologies for not replying to much all day today and leaving the Betrayal question seeming to hang.  It's been a day of near-constant not being at my desk.

Our plans for Betrayal work out like this.

1) The betrayal path and level range in which you can betray your home town remain the same as they are today.

2) The quest does change slightly at the end.  If you are a non-native class in your new town, the end of the qust will also change your class to its opposite-aligned counterpart. At that point, you are a person of the new class with Apprentice I abilities.

Later, as we expand the definition and role of Factions in the cities, we may be exploring the idea of faction-based betrayal that supports city betrayal at all levels.  However, we will definitely not be including that in this initial rollout of 1-20 class progression.

We want the class transition to go as smoothly as possible, so we want to introduce as few changes as we need to get there.  Complicating betrayal immediately would introduce significant potential problems in what is already a complex piece of work.

- Scott

____
Scott Hartsman
Senior Producer, EverQuest II

Emphasis mine.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 03:37:50 PM

Thanks for the help!  I figured it was like that, but didn't want to jump to any conclusions.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 03:42:48 PM

Thanks for the help!  I figured it was like that, but didn't want to jump to any conclusions.

Go swashbuckler.  Its pure love, and kicks assassin but any day.  Plus we get wenches.  Mmmmmm wenches!

edit.  Nebu, if you need help on the Freeport side as well lemme know.  I have a 20+ assassin there gathering dust, but I will need a headsup so I can get his skills juuuuust right.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 03:55:07 PM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 05:20:30 PM

I have a number of toons that are 20-30, so I'm pretty proficient.  My problem is that I always get bored about the time I hit 25.  Trying to find a class I can play for the long haul is always the tough part.

Thanks for the offer though.  I appreciate it.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Question about the upcoming 19a patch  
Jump to: