Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:49:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: So, I am no longer a virgin... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, I am no longer a virgin...  (Read 6289 times)
WayAbvPar

on: January 16, 2006, 09:59:46 AM

Got killed and podded Sunday afternoon, and then killed again before I even outfitted my new ship! I am gonna be uninsurable pretty soon =)

It was just bad luck more than anything- I had a single .4 space on my jump itinerary, and the gate just happened to be camped. The 2nd time was pure n00bness- I was on autopilot, and got hit. I managed to warp away barely intact, but then the autopilot took over and warped me right back. Fuck!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 10:35:20 AM

FWIW, you can abort a warp jump by hitting Ctrl+Space before you reach the warp threshold.  Very useful when you see "Autopilot Warping To Certain Death".

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 11:01:41 AM

Good to know- I didn't realize the AP would send me right back there until it was too late. I was actually laughing when I got popped.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 06:42:44 PM

You can also have the map screen highlight the stars where ships have been killed in the last hour and you can mouse over to see a count. I do that when I have to travel through <0.5 space.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 09:04:35 AM

Yeah, I have started doing that religiously now- I had been lucky previously, and got careless. Won't happen again. At least for awhile  tongue

WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 10:06:15 AM

So, I mistakenly took a level II mission last night. Flew into deadspace, found 4 ships waiting for me, any one of which could have killed me dead. got hit by 3 or 4 missiles almost immediately. Tried to warp out, but blew up nicely instead.

I didn't like my ship outfit anyway. I will take this as an opportunity to refit  :-D

At least they didn't pod me.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 10:15:56 AM

If you didn't scrap the mission I'll run it with you so you can complete it, just let me know when you'll be on.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 10:19:11 AM

I bagged it for now. I am sure I can get it again when I refit. I was having serious power issues running 2 150 mm railguns on my Tristan, so I think I will go back to 125mms so I can fit some missile/rocker launchers. I think I finally have the skills to fit an MAPC too, so that should help.

I just need to find a good agent in our operating area and start building some loyalty/faction. My wallet has been hovering around 1m isk the past few days, and I need to significantly increase that. If we get some mining ops going, that should help as well.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 10:28:59 AM

Well nice to see someone else died last night :)

Got caught on a rock in Otou and couldn't break warp and lost my cruiser and my very nice mining lasers - which is ok - because I can use the mining 4 ones now. Then I died like 3 times in a row. It was stellar. Then I went a couple hours without dying.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 10:49:07 AM

I think I've died in a cruiser 3 times (actually I know because one of my Omen's is named PerditionIV) who knows how many  times in a frigate and the other night I was afk autopiloting a crapton of stuff in a 'Stower to Caldari space and for some reason my autopilot was set to fastest route and I got it shot to shit and podded...

oops.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 10:52:03 AM

So, I mistakenly took a level II mission last night. Flew into deadspace, found 4 ships waiting for me, any one of which could have killed me dead. got hit by 3 or 4 missiles almost immediately. Tried to warp out, but blew up nicely instead.

I didn't like my ship outfit anyway. I will take this as an opportunity to refit  :-D

I remember doing level 2 missions in my frigate a year ago, tried it again yesterday.

I was almost killed by ONE drone.

Embarrassing.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 11:03:45 AM

I think the modules you put on your ship matter a lot more now.  I find I can do ok on level 2's in my frig most of the time.  Just remember to keep the range in your favor. (Which means get missiles and fire from a ways away).

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 11:05:49 AM

I think the modules you put on your ship matter a lot more now.  I find I can do ok on level 2's in my frig most of the time.  Just remember to keep the range in your favor. (Which means get missiles and fire from a ways away).

Damm, but I  Heart my autocannons.

One or two  shield booster 1 could keep up with the damage, but how do I get enough cap recharge to run them  ?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 11:20:07 AM

Check the eve-online boards, in order to search them use google's mysite: or whatever command so it will only search that site.  Look for Shield Tanking tips, I would just tell you myself but I fly Amarr so I'm only familiar with armor tanking.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 11:21:24 AM

That's what I am trying to figure out too.  Can try a cap booster, or you can warp away and come back, rinse/repeat, get a bigger ship (Which has its own problems then), or bring a buddy. Level 4 deadspace missions pretty much need a couple peeps I understand.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 11:35:03 AM

That's what I am trying to figure out too.  Can try a cap booster, or you can warp away and come back, rinse/repeat, get a bigger ship (Which has its own problems then), or bring a buddy. Level 4 deadspace missions pretty much need a couple peeps I understand.
For the "easy" level 2 combat missions, the warp away and come back tactic will work, albeit very slowly. I was able to do three level 2 combat missions in my Tristan armed with 2 railguns and 2 missile launchers against Mercenary Fighters/Elite Mercenary Fighters and Serpentis Protectors (I think that's what they were, the ones that fly Tristans as well) before I stopped taking those missions so I could work on getting a bigger ship. This assumes your mission is setup so that you warp through the gate close enough to the enemies that you can fire a salvo or two of missiles off before having to run away. Some of the level 2 missions are setup so that you warp in 35 km+ away and in those situations some of those NPCs can fire missiles at you long before you can get into range (for some reason their missiles have ~2x the range of yours) in which case you'll get pounded into pieces in a basic Frigate before you can get any shots off using small turret weapons.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 02:16:09 PM

The first time I died in EVE, I lost a Battleship. It buuuuuuuuuuurned. Funny thing is I lost it out of greed, 'cause I had time to warp away but held on to pick up my drones before I left... Safe to say I never left... :P

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 06:22:13 AM

I haven't died yet. I don't fuck around with getting damaged. I've only taken structural damage once so far. Hell, I get seriously concerned when I drop below 50% shields.

Keep in mind that I have only attempted a level II agent mission once so far, in a frigate....and I ran away. Oddly enough, NiX took the death for me.  undecided

I dunno why, but it seems in most games, I tend to not die very much.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 06:45:13 AM

I dunno why, but it seems in most games, I tend to not die very much.

I CAN attack members of f13 corp without concord jumping me, right ?

evil

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 07:08:54 AM

I still have my fully-loaded Caracal, right?  cool

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 08:25:12 AM

I still have my fully-loaded Caracal, right?  cool
I am not very impressed.  Heart

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: So, I am no longer a virgin...  
Jump to: