Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Gank Squad 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gank Squad  (Read 4741 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: January 16, 2006, 09:39:28 AM

Had a lot of fun last night chasing after that player killer. Felt very UO old school. (IE something was on the line - my 4M ISK ship).

I'm a bit reluctant to discuss strategy/loadouts in a public forum. But I was AMAZED when he had me warp locked. (I have 2 warp stablizers). So we know some of his loadout.

I thought EW would be cool before but now I see it as necessary. I'll be skilling myself in that direction once I start my new char. (Once we find a mining spot and stick to it).

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 09:49:17 AM

He probably had 2 level 2 Scramblers or Disruptors on him.  That'll give him a 2 or 3 as I don't believe you can stack them.

There doesn't appear to be a tech 2 stabilizer, though.. so looks like you need to jam more on your ship.  (Well, there's one listed in the 'variants' but no database entry for them at least.)

Edt: Whoops brackets.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 11:45:41 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 11:27:22 AM

I have to say I was pretty surprised at how well his armor held up under the weight of two caracals unloading their entire arsenal on him; given the ease with which I popped his shield solo, I wouldn't've expected that much of a fight from armor.

Looks like we need some more advanced tactics aside from 'guns, lots of guns'; smartbombs to get rid of drones, Nos to break his cap, scrammers, etc.

Still, I'm glad he was frightened enough to jump out with 20% armor left and let Furiously live.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 12:24:52 PM

Yeah frigs, particularly Mnmatar ones are decent armor tanks.  Just takes low slots, so you get an assortment of mid-slot toys to play with too.  Was this the same guy who harassed you in the Wolf (Minmatar assult frigate, looks like a Rifter) or someone new?  Anyone pop an info on him and know what he was flying?

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 12:42:51 PM

I have to say I was pretty surprised at how well his armor held up under the weight of two caracals unloading their entire arsenal on him; given the ease with which I popped his shield solo, I wouldn't've expected that much of a fight from armor.

Looks like we need some more advanced tactics aside from 'guns, lots of guns'; smartbombs to get rid of drones, Nos to break his cap, scrammers, etc.

Still, I'm glad he was frightened enough to jump out with 20% armor left and let Furiously live.

I just wish I had found some medium guns to put on my cruiser.  :)

WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 12:48:33 PM

What system was this in? I miss all the fun  angry

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 01:29:07 PM

Yeah frigs, particularly Mnmatar ones are decent armor tanks.  Just takes low slots, so you get an assortment of mid-slot toys to play with too.  Was this the same guy who harassed you in the Wolf (Minmatar assult frigate, looks like a Rifter) or someone new?  Anyone pop an info on him and know what he was flying?
he was flying a rupture.
Yoru

Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 02:14:56 PM

What system was this in? I miss all the fun  angry

Soosat and, previously during the mining expedition, Ibash. Both times our frigate support got blown up, though; these guys seem to be short-range fighters with excellent antifrigate capabilities.

He had a Rupture with at least 5 drones out, a Nos fitted, and probably two warp-scramblers. He also had an afterburner; his speed averaged around 375m/s with the thing on and 200m/s with it off.

He used the planets as safespots for a while, but after I jumped him solo at one planet, he started using bookmarked safespots.

If we want to go PVPing, the Myrdian Strip and other interior lowsec areas are usually crawling with pirates, both noob and otherwise, that we can cut our teeth on.
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 02:18:36 PM

I am probably a week away from wanting to try that- I am still flying a frigate and haven't even got it fully outfitted yet after having 2 of them blown from underneath me yesterday. I would like to try a top of the line frig setup for a while (and save some ISK) before playing around with the big boys. I do need to learn how to fight PvP though- maybe we should run some Corp training exercises.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 02:48:52 PM

Some practice sounds like a damn good idea...

I should have most rust shaken off, everything sold off or moved to Caldari space and a Proph setup I had been thinking about last time I was playing fitted by next weekend.  So count me in for any group activities Saturday 10am-5pm PST or pretty much all day Sunday.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Yoru

Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 03:36:29 PM

I'm fairly sure that gangmates and corpmates can shoot at each other, scott-free, pretty much anywhere.

Definitely want to check that with some cheap ships or forum searches before dueling in your shiny new cruiser though. :)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 03:45:00 PM

he was flying a rupture.

Yeah ruptures are also armor tanks. Only 3 mid slots and 5 lows.  Trying to put shields on it is laughable with any kind of setup to take out smaller ships, while you can easily fit some armor mods, damage mods and warp stabilizers in the lows.

bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 06:49:24 PM

I'm fairly sure that gangmates and corpmates can shoot at each other, scott-free, pretty much anywhere.

Corp Mates = YES  Gang Member=CONCORDORKED

Careful of smartbombs. If they damage ANYTHING outside of corpmates CONCORD will come and say hello. I don't use smartbombs anymore. Too messy.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 04:44:29 AM

Ruptures are very hard to kill, I've tanked BS damage long enough to reach the gate in one, even taken damage from a major fleet op (30+ BS) and made it to warp.  Not a lot of firepower, but they'll peck you to death from behind that tank.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Gank Squad  
Jump to: